Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 06-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #26
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

DrunkN

Re: x men days of futures past trailer

Best X-Men movie, no contest.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #27
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Well to be fair the other movies are generally pretty weak. I gotta say though I didn't like the part about young Xavier being able to walk because of some magic potion Beast makes that also nullifies his powers. It's weird and it's pointless. I'm not super knowledgeable about the subject but I believe Xaviers condition is mental not physical. Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dye05tvSoo]Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (3/ Knife in the Leg - (2006) HD - YouTube[/ame]
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #28
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

DrunkN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Well to be fair the other movies are generally pretty weak. I gotta say though I didn't like the part about young Xavier being able to walk because of some magic potion Beast makes that also nullifies his powers. It's weird and it's pointless. I'm not super knowledgeable about the subject but I believe Xaviers condition is mental not physical. Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights
Agreed on all accounts. Rest of the movie was killer tho, right?
Old 06-04-2014, 11:14 AM   #29
Regular Poster
213 posts
DoctorRyanB1 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,304, Level: 11 Points: 1,304, Level: 11 Points: 1,304, Level: 11
Level up: 2%
Level up: 2%, 196 Points needed Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

DoctorRyanB1

I actually liked all the older X-Men movies, the only thing I didn't like was how the continuity was all over the place. (Which version of Sabertooth did you like better for instance?)

For more on my journey visit: http://doctorryanb1.blogspot.com/
Old 06-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #30
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

@DN- I think there was something else bugging me about the movie but I can't remember. I'll let you know when I remember, I'm sure you'll be eager to hear it.

Other than that yeah I liked it a lot. It was also beautifully shot/created.

@DrRB1- I like the other ones too(not the horrendous Wolverine origin ones though). This one if just much better than those.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #31
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 144 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

Mikman

The first version of Sabretooth wasn't a character at all.

"The Last Stand" was bad mainly because several important characters died and others new and old had no character development.

How does "Days Of Future Past" rank among all superhero films and sc-fi films in general?
Old 06-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #32
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Last Stand loses big points because they killed Xavier. You just don't kill off Patrick Stewart. Even Star Trek knew better and had Data sacrifice himself instead even though he was far more valuable to humanity and would live for centuries. You just don't mess with this guy-

Ranked vs superhero films? I'd say pretty high. Why bother comparing it to sci fi though? That would be a huge list of unrelated movies to compare it with, pointless.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:03 PM   #33
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats

Mikman

I mean mainly in terms of time travel, which can we well or poorly done.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #34
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Well all of the time travel stuff I've seen isn't very accurate but it kinda has to be that way or the movie would be over before it started.

As for this movie I think it was done well enough. I like that it means Xavier isn't dead, that's a huge plus.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #35
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

CrispyChicken

Just saw it today. Thought it was a solid movie. Liked it more than most of them, not sure if it's better than First Class. Solid ending.

Got some questions for you more experienced X-Men fans.

( Click to show/hide )
So Xavier is completely aware of Wolverine's experiences in the past right? And with Mystique posing as Stryker, does this mean that Wolverine never gets the adamntium claws? Also super excited for Apocalypse. Seems like a total badass. What were they chanting at the end, his name translated in Egyptian?

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 06-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #36
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Xavier is aware of it all. The Stryker thing does seem to imply that he didn't get his metal claws but she went out of her way to get her hands on Wolverine and we don't know what her plan was so who knows? Maybe she did it but with less trauma and evilness?

The next movie is supposed to be in the 80s with the First Class so maybe they'll recast Wolverine anyways.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #37
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Why would they recast Wolverine? He'd still look the same in the 80's as he does in the present since he barely ages.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 06-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #38
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Hugh Jackman is aging and it's gonna be hard to keep having him play an ageless character.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #39
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Technology is good enough nowadays to keep him young.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #40
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Not really, especially when the next movie is gonna be something like 30 years behind the current one. The first Xmen movie was about 15 years ago and the differences are very noticeable now. The only one who truly looks ageless is Patrick Stewart.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #41
5,572 posts
View Stats

DrunkN

They kinda play around with the ages anyways, don't they? Shouldn't Iceman be like, 30-40 years older than Blink?
Old 06-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #42
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

They alter the ages all the time sure but you can't do much about the actors age. Eventually you have to either replace them or get rid of the character. Does anyone really think Wolverine won't be the star of every Xmen movie for the foreseeable future?
Old 06-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #43
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Speaking of Patrick Stewart, thought it was awesome when they had Star Trek playing on the small TV.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #44
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

They did? It must've been the old Trek that he wasn't in.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #45
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

‘X-Men: Days of Future Past' Easter Eggs, Trivia & References
Quote:
One of the film’s bigger laughs comes with a quick cut to a close-up of William Shatner, soon revealed to be an episode of Star Trek: The Original Series being played in Hank McCoy’s workspace. But the scene is no coincidence; it is taken from the episode titled “The Naked Time,” in which the crew of the Enterprise is slowly taken over by a mind-altering infection. The crew is saved when a matter-antimatter explosion sends the entire ship back in time three days, allowing them to change course and avoid the same fate.
It's a brief shot.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #46
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Huh that is funny. I guess they couldn't just use one the many examples from TNG time travel episodes, too obvious and corny with P Stew in there.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #47
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

Mikman

Also, both series have a Dr. McCoy. That's completely pointless trivia, but I said it anyway.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #48
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ to Focus More on Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique

Quote:
the film will more closely explore the relationship between Lawrence’s blue mutant Mystique and Nicholas Hoult’s Beast.
Does this bug anyone else? I like both characters well enough but I think it's a waste to devote so much screen time to their relationship, one that I don't think ever happened in the comics anyways. They should add some other interesting characters that haven't seen any screen time instead. Romance plots are almost always lame o.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #49
5,572 posts
View Stats

DrunkN

I do not like Mystique, but after DoFP I think that the movie can probably overcome the dumbest of arcs with cool cinematography and pacing.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #50
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

I'm actually not a fan of Mystique played by Jennifer Lawrence but I liked her played by Rebecca Romain, which is funny because Lawrence is supposed to be this great actress and the other is a model. Something about her portrayal was just off, like she was too vulnerable and very unbelievable as this badass I'm so used to. It's as if they made a new character and named it the same and gave her the same powers. She's the new Halle Berry in the franchise as far as I'm concerned.

In small doses I can brush it off but if they're really gonna waste a good portion of the film on her and teen Beast who isn't really Beast then I'm gonna be pretty disappointed. This is supposed to be about the coming of Apocalypse not a love story or a bromance(Xavier and Magneto will also get focused on). We need a real team, where's Colossus, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Cable, Bishop, the real Rogue and Storm, ect. I'm not gonna condemn the movie this early but it's not instilling me with any hope of it being great.