Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 11-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

jim5cents

Online Game Rental

Aside from Gamefly, has anyone heard of any other online video game rental company and do you have any recommendations?
Old 11-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

Re: Online Game Rental

I haven't tried any of these. They might suck. They might not.
http://www.swaptree.com/
http://www.gameswap.com/
http://www.swapvideogames.com/
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #3
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

TrakMastaTom

I used to use gamefly. It was alright but they never had the newer games I wanted. They always shipped me my 3rd or 4th choice.

I don't know anything about any alternatives.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

This person on another site has a nice site, actually works too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfromboji
I need some sleep so I'll keep this short. Usually I wouldn't post online free anythings, b/c you usually have to complete offers or something, but this is seriously free.

When you sign up, you get 100 points, so you can pick any 100 point game and get it for free. I got my confirmation email that my game's being mailed on Monday.
It's pretty sweet; you can usually get games cheaper from there than gamestop/ebgames. You can also trade yours in to get more points to spend on whatever games you want.

Enjoy your free game, I know I will!
-Chris

FYI/FAQ:

This is just basically how it works.
You put your game up for trade in the 'my library' thing, someone requests. Then you get a confirmation request email thing. Then you mail out your game. When they get it, they give you good feedback, and you get your points to request and buy another game.

You don't have to trade games though. You get 100 points and 1 free trade when you sign up. You can also buy more points and trades with a credit card or with paypal

You only pay shipping for games you SEND, not for the ones you get.

To Do's when you sign up:
-Use your REAL address otherwise you won't get games.

Proof this works (my first two games):
Got my 2nd game that I ordered in today. I got NBA Live 05; it's brand new unopened and I got Mad Dash Racing, unscratched case. Both basically brand new games. I got both games in under a week's time from requesting to arriving at my doorstep. Heres the photos from my first two games: (Click to Enlarge)