Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 12-29-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

TrakMastaTom

Evil Dead

So I watched Evil Dead recently, and have officially become obsessed with the series. I have always loved Bruce Campbell, and after reading about the grueling experience that was making Evil Dead, I rented it. I am now on a mission to buy all 3 movies and all 3 video games.

Anyone else like the Evil Dead movies? Or Bruce Campbell for that matter?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

Evil Dead

Evil Dead is a classic. How could you not like it?

Old 12-29-2006, 11:00 PM   #3
Regular Poster
210 posts
Tekkaman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 5
Points: 583, Level: 5 Points: 583, Level: 5 Points: 583, Level: 5
Level up: 89%
Level up: 89%, 17 Points needed Level up: 89% Level up: 89%
Send a message via AIM to Tekkaman

Tekkaman

Evil Dead

I've been a fan of Evil Dead for a LONG time. I even still have a dot-matrix printing of a couple of articles I downloaded off of Prodigy (back when Prodigy WAS the internet instead of just a provider) on the subject. I have all three movies (on VHS and DVD) and all three ED games. I also have the AoD card game, AoD role-playing guide, and just about every AoD action figure.

As for Bruce, the man is just that; the Man! I have both of his books in both hardcover and soft, the second book on CD (a must-own), the "Man with the Screaming Brain" DVD, and the "Bubba Ho-Tep" DVD as well (another must-own). I even got to meet the Man himself during his book-signing tour for "Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way". He signed my copy of the book as well as my Collector's Edition AoD VHS tape. He also debuted "Screaming Brain" during the tour as well, so I got to see it uncensored months before it hit the Sci-Fi Channel and longer still before the DVD release.

*sigh* Needless to say, I'm a big fan of both. :mrgreen:
&quot;Wait a second!&nbsp; I know that monkey.&nbsp; His name is Donkey.&quot;<br />&quot;Monkeys aren't donkeys!&nbsp; Quit messing with my head!&quot;<br />
Old 12-30-2006, 12:45 AM   #4
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

TrakMastaTom

Evil Dead

No fair! I want to meet Bruce Campbell.

I got my first taste from Bubba Ho-Tep, which is, to this day, probably my favorite movie. I am currently reading "If Chins Could Kill," which is sweet. I am dowloading Within The Woods as we speak, since it was never realeased. Tommorow I go on a mission to get the Evil Dead movies and probably the games too.

I didn't know there were AoD action figures! Man, I am gonna have to get a second job to afford all the awesomeness.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 12-30-2006, 07:31 AM   #5
Donor
288 posts
BRODYMAN is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,091, Level: 20 Points: 5,091, Level: 20 Points: 5,091, Level: 20
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 659 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

BRODYMAN

Evil Dead

I wouldn't try to compete with Tekkaman on this one...you'll just end up disappointed...and broke. He's got a ridiculous head start on you.
Kart: 2449-5237-1294
Old 12-30-2006, 08:22 AM   #6
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63

Kugyince

Evil Dead

That, and adults who own "action figures" are just creepy.....

And miniatures don't count because they're a gaming tool!

Old 12-30-2006, 09:41 AM   #7
Donor
288 posts
View Stats

BRODYMAN

Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
That, and adults who own "action figures" are just creepy.....

And miniatures don't count because they're a gaming tool!
Tek's just playing a bigger game.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #8
Regular Poster
210 posts
View Stats

Tekkaman

Evil Dead

The AoD figures used to be made through McFarlane Toys' "Movie Maniacs" line. Ash was, of course, the first one. Later, they introduced Evil Ash, a Ash vs. Evil Ash 2-Pack, and a limited edition Ash that came with a Pit Witch figure. The last figure that McFarlane released was an 18" talking Ash figure.

In recent years, McFarlane gave up the license and numerous figurines and toys featuring our big chinned hero have come and gone. Most recently, Neca released their line of "Cult Classics" figures which also featured Ash. This one can still be gotten fairly easily in places like Spencer's Gifts.
&quot;Wait a second!&nbsp; I know that monkey.&nbsp; His name is Donkey.&quot;<br />&quot;Monkeys aren't donkeys!&nbsp; Quit messing with my head!&quot;<br />
Old 12-30-2006, 01:20 PM   #9
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

TrakMastaTom

Evil Dead

Who's pumped for the Bubba Ho-Tep prequel? I can't wait!
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 12-30-2006, 05:05 PM   #10
Regular Poster
210 posts
View Stats

Tekkaman

Evil Dead

Is that actually going to happen? I had read, like, a millenia ago that they were going to do that. As of now, Bruce doesn't have any mention of it on his website. So, either it's not happening or he's not in it.

Have you heard about his next movie? My Name is Bruce? :mrgreen:
Old 12-30-2006, 08:18 PM   #11
Donor
288 posts
View Stats

BRODYMAN

Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkaman View Post
Is that actually going to happen? I had read, like, a millenia ago that they were going to do that. As of now, Bruce doesn't have any mention of it on his website. So, either it's not happening or he's not in it.

Have you heard about his next movie? My Name is Bruce? :mrgreen:

Funny, according to IMDb, Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires starring Bruce as Elvis comes out in 2008...although this wouldn't be the first time that IMDb announced something that fizzled out.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #12
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

TrakMastaTom

Evil Dead

Actually, the Bubba Ho-Tep prequel was just a joke...in the early stages. It had been wishful thinking by fans and kind of a rumor. After all the hype, it was decided that there would, in fact, be a Bubba prequel.

Also: My new Evil Dead collection status:

Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Bruce Campbell Vs. Army of Darkness
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick (PS2)

I bought all that today for 28 bucks. (God bless Entertainmart, my local buy sell and trade everything store.) I am watching Evil Dead 2, and Ash's hand is trying to kill him.

O NOES!!11!

Edit: I just pulled this from http://www.bruce-campbell.blogspot.com/ which is a reputable source, right?

Quote:
The writer of My Name Is Bruce, Mark Verheiden, updated his blog today and gave us an update on the film. Verheiden responded to the rumors that My Name Is Bruce will be releasing in early 2007. Here is the full post:

"Only an update in the sense of telling folks that the Feb. 2007 date I'm seeing bandied about as a "release date" is wildly inaccurate. It's full speed ahead in terms of post production, but everyone involved wants to do this thing right, so I wouldn't expect to be seeing Mr. Campbell's Opus for awhile yet. DO NOT TAKE THIS to imply that there are problems with the film or that anyone's having second thoughts. Trust me, this is all good! Response to the movie so far has been uniformly positive, so positive that all involved agree it's worth taking the extra time to make sure every ounce of Bruce goodness reaches the silver screen. And if MNIB takes off, expect "My Name Is Bruce - The Quickening" soon after! (That's a joke, folks, but hey, you never know!)"

Obviously the last part, My Name Is Bruce 2: The Quickening, is a joke but Bubba Nosferatu: The Curse of the She Vampires was put in at the end of Bubba Ho-Tep as a gag and now that gag is going to get made into a movie. I know everyone wants to see this movie bad, but it is a good thing that this movie is not coming out in February. Like Verheiden said, Bruce and the rest of the post production team are not rushing the film. This allows Dark Horse more time to hype up the movie and get the grassroots marketing going on a wider scale. You can read the full post here.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 11:27 AM   #13
Regular Poster
210 posts
View Stats

Tekkaman

Evil Dead

A very nice deal you got there, TMT. For the games you're missing, Evil Dead: Regeneration shouldn't be too hard to find at your local gaming shop. Even brand new it was only $20, and it only came out a year ago. As for Evil Dead: Hail to the King, that could be a little trickier. A trip to eBay might be in order for that one. If you have a Dreamcast, then I would recommend that version over the PSone version just for the graphical boost it received. None of the games really follow each other, so you don't necessarily have to play them in order. I just finished Boomstick a couple months ago, and it was terrific. I can't wait to start on Regeneration, but the "Revolution" is really getting in the way of that one.

Speaking of which, wouldn't the "Revolution" make a great platform for another ED game? Using the remote to control your chainsaw and the nunchuck for your shotgun? It may never happen, but one can always hope. :mrgreen:

Taking that information about the Bubba sequel with a grain of salt, I'll wait until Bruce's site says something about it first. As of right now, MNiB is still the latest on his plate. I can't wait for this flick. It's gonna be great, I'm sure. :kakashi:
Old 12-31-2006, 11:33 AM   #14
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

TrakMastaTom

Evil Dead

I actually already have ED: Hail to the King for Dreamcast, but I haven't played it yet.

As far as the Bubba sequel, I read that the writer/director has confirmed its existance, but he has not gotten around to even starting the script, so it will be awhile.

I saw Evil Dead: Regeneration for sale yesterday, but only for Xbox. I will continue to look for a PS2 version.

How about all these different versions of Army Of Darkness? I had no idea which one to get, so I got "Bruce Campbell Vs. Army Of Darkness: Official Bootleg" Was that a good choice? I know nothing of what it has opposed to other versions or editions.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 12-31-2006, 01:14 PM   #15
Regular Poster
210 posts
View Stats

Tekkaman

Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakMastaTom View Post
How about all these different versions of Army Of Darkness? I had no idea which one to get, so I got "Bruce Campbell Vs. Army Of Darkness: Official Bootleg" Was that a good choice? I know nothing of what it has opposed to other versions or editions.
There are, at last count, four different DVDs floating around for Army of Darkness. In order of release, there's: the original, plain-Jane theatrical release (which has the movie poster as the cover); the Limited Edition "Director's Cut" (which features gold-foil accenting on a different painted cover); the "Bootleg Edition" (which looks like a paper bag); and the "Boomstick Edition" (which just has a photo of Ash on the cover).

As far as I can tell, "Bootleg" and "Boomstick" are just less-flashy packaged versions of the LE "Director's Cut" DVD. Being that Universal released AoD, they simply like to re-release this movie from time to time to try and line their pockets will a little more Bruce money. As long as your DVD has the "Theatrical Cut" and the "Director's Cut" on it, then you're all covered. Basically, there are two differnent endings to the movie (the "S-Mart" ending and the "slept too long" ending). This is the major factor between the two versions. If you've seen both endings, then there's not much else to see.

Evil Dead 1 & 2 are owned by Anchor Bay, while AoD is owned by Universal. This is why you see some merchandise that is labelled as "Evil Dead" and some that's "Army of Darkness". It all depends on who said merchandising company got the rights from. Over the last couple of years, Anchor Bay released the "Book of the Dead" editions of both original ED movies. They are really impressive and come packaged in full-scale replicas of the Necronomicon as it appeared in the respective movie. If you can track those down, they're a real treat and a nice collector's item. Alas, even with how re-release happy Universal has been, there are no plans to release a "Book of the Dead" edition of AoD. :luigi:
Old 01-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #16
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

TrakMastaTom

Evil Dead

I see. Well that's cool. I got the "bootleg edition" because on the back it said something about the film "the way the film makers wanted you to see it" so I figured that had to be the one to get.

And, yes, I am pumped for My Name is Bruce as well. It's gon be off da chain!
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 01-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #17
Regular Poster
901 posts
Squall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan club
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,768, Level: 17 Points: 3,768, Level: 17 Points: 3,768, Level: 17
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 82 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Squall

Evil Dead

hey, i did it on www.googlefight.com, and these were the results. Doom won

[attachment deleted by during upgrade]
Old 01-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #18
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

Evil Dead

Of course Doom one, Doom is a much more common (unoriginal?) term than Frank the Bunny.....

Old 01-01-2007, 09:18 PM   #19
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

TrakMastaTom

Evil Dead

His full alias is actually MF Doom. Put that against Frank the Bunny in google fight and Frank the Bunny won. But that proves nothing I say. Only a cage match would be proof.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 01-02-2007, 04:38 AM   #20
Regular Poster
901 posts
Squall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan club
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,768, Level: 17 Points: 3,768, Level: 17 Points: 3,768, Level: 17
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 82 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Squall

Evil Dead

yeah, i was bored, so i did it anyway:mrgreen:
Old 01-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #21
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

TrakMastaTom

Evil Dead

I was just watching TV, and all of a sudden I saw Bruce Campbell on my TV screen! What?!?! He was doing an Old Spice commercial.

It made me happy inside. I now want to buy Old Spice.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 01-09-2007, 03:58 AM   #22
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

Evil Dead

You've turned into a Bruce Campbell fanboy.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #23
Regular Poster
210 posts
View Stats

Tekkaman

Evil Dead

You say that like it's a bad thing.

BTW, for those Evil Dead fans out there, if you've never read any of the Army of Darkness comic books that have been coming out over the past couple years, do yourself a solid and give them a read through if you can find them. They are very well-done and continue the story from where the movies left off. In addition, they continue from where each other leave off, so it's recommended to read them all in order if you can.

AoD: Ashes to Ashes - 4 issue mini-series
AoD: Shop 'Till You Drop Dead - 4 issue mini-series
Tales of the Army of Darkness - 1 shot stand-alone
AoD Vs. Re-Animator - 4 issue mini-series
Army of Darkness (ongoing series - continued from Vs. Re-Animator) - issues 5 to 13
Darkman Vs. The Army of Darkness - 4 issue mini-series (in print now)
and
Marvel Zombies Vs. The Army of Darkness - planned mini-series for March 2007
Old 01-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #24
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

TrakMastaTom

Evil Dead

Yeah! What's wrong with being a Bruce Campbell fanboy?!
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 01-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #25
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

Evil Dead

I never said there's anything wrong with it, I was just making an observation.