Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

General Sports Question: Too late for me to go back to hockey?

Hey, just trying to get some opinions here, because I want to know. This can be a general question to pretty much any sport, so don't think that because it's about hockey, that your opinion doesn't matter.

So, I'm not really looking to go back competitively, but I really love the sport as of late. I played hockey when I was 6-12 years old, and haven't since other than for Gym back in Grade 9, and the odd street-hockey here and there. I don't think I really understood it being as young as I was, and thus didn't appreciate it, plus back then it was Video Games were my priority, now I'd really like to be out doing more, and hockey is really one thing I really want to do.

My folks keep telling me it's too late, I can't skate, and all this stuff, when really I can skate. I've been skating this year, and I'm fine. I think they just say that because they don't want to deal with the hectic schedules and equipment involved with hockey. Understandably so.

Thing is, I'd like to play competitive, but I'd like to be in a fun league for now which is available and see how I do. I'd need equipment... well some equipment. Which I can save up for on my own, and hey I'm 16. I should be driving by this time next year. this fun league wouldn't be all that demanding of time, and is cheap as far as I know, maybe even free? Need to look into it more lol.

TL;DR

-General Question
-Played hockey from ages 6-12
-haven't played since, other than for gym or for fun
-understand and love the sport now, and really want to play
-folks say it's too late I'm too old, even though I can play decent
-Just looking to be in the fun league for now (ages 14-30 I think)

So opinions? You really think it's worth it to save up for some equipment and stuff? I think so, but I'd like more thoughts. Thanks
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General Minecraft Server Talk Thread CatalystiCam Minecraft 200 12-16-2012 03:31 PM
1.9 Server Addon and General Requests. Plans as well TheGuardian Minecraft 49 11-25-2011 02:30 AM
Hockey Tails Chat 15 06-13-2010 02:53 PM
Animal Crossing in general gamefreak100200 All Other Games 15 01-02-2009 12:51 PM
Mars And Space In General And Aliens oasis Chat 61 08-25-2008 03:08 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS