Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Scoop This section contains interesting stories found on the web, mostly to do with retro gaming.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Scoop

Old 02-26-2014, 11:11 PM   #1
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

CrispyChicken

Re: RetroUprising Twitch Game Streaming

Depends on what you are playing But chances are I will be around. Hopefully we can get as many people as we had when Cam was streaming. That was a lot of fun.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 03-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Seahawk

I am debugging things right now if you'd like to hop in!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:13 AM   #3
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

I got nothing better to do.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46
Level up: 7%
Level up: 7%, 1,406 Points needed Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

CatalystiCam

Gotta be Canadian for a bit and watch the game, but later possibru.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #5
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

CrispyChicken

I'll be in there but I'll be AFK. Give me about an hour and I'll be back

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Seahawk just finished playing Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth for WiiWare. He's taking a break, but he'll be back in about 30 minutes. So please feel free to join in!

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 03-18-2014, 01:05 PM   #6
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Seahawk

I might go again this weekend, probably on Friday since it's my birthday.

We'll start with Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.
I never finished it and I haven't played it in years so this will be effectively a blind playthrough, perfect for hurling derisive comments my way when I die for being a massive casual.
And then we'll go from there.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63

Kugyince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
I might go again this weekend, probably on Friday since it's my birthday.

We'll start with Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.
I never finished it and I haven't played it in years so this will be effectively a blind playthrough, perfect for hurling derisive comments my way when I die for being a massive casual.
And then we'll go from there.
Sounds like a great excuse to get drunk! A drunken stream would be hilarious.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #8
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
View Stats

Seahawk

I'm late, the restaurant outings took longer than expected.

Last edited by Seahawk; 03-21-2014 at 10:33 PM..
Old 03-18-2014, 01:32 PM   #9
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Sweet. Happy early birthday

Not sure if I'll be able to make it but I'll probably pop in and be afk.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #10
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Happy Birthday

Old 03-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #11
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
View Stats

Seahawk

I lied, I'm gonna start right now.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #12
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 24,433, Level: 38 Points: 24,433, Level: 38 Points: 24,433, Level: 38
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 217 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

Barra

Ive been streaming on this almost every day/night for the past couple of weeks.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #13
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
Ive been streaming on this almost every day/night for the past couple of weeks.
orly
Old 05-15-2014, 05:23 PM   #14
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

CatalystiCam

Will be streaming tonight. Probably on my channel this time around. ETA 9 EST give or take an hour.

Suggestions available. Console games I own, can look into computer stuff, but probably not today until I figure out FRAPS I still haven't used.

Ideas:

Random NES Games (could go for Snes/64 too)
A Specific bigger game that would probably take more than a night.
Nuzlocke (Big maybe, but I'm down with enough interest).
Old 05-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #15
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

I'd be interested in a Nuzlocke if you were going to do episodic runs of it and not try and marathon 4 hours at a time.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:02 PM   #16
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
View Stats

CatalystiCam

Yeah, it's probably more of a youtube thing where I could cut the hours of grinding out. Start time's iffy still. between 9 & 10.

Still on the nuzlocke note, it could be a twitch thing for the start or ending half hour of a stream.

More game ideas:

Random NES (I have 9 games)
Snes (I have 30 or 40ish games)
N64 (30ish games)
GC (40ish games)

More notably:
Super Monkeyball 1 or 2
DKC games
Mario
Banjo Kazooie (I'm liking this one right now)
DK64 (random chunk of the game I'm in most likely. World 5 I think)
1080, Mario KArt, racing games of sorts

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Streaming Banjo Kazooie at 9:15 EST

Twitch

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 05-15-2014 at 07:17 PM..
Old 05-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #17
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Barra

You should stream on the RU channel, you will probably get more viewers as we have a lot more subs
Old 05-15-2014, 09:44 PM   #18
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
View Stats

CatalystiCam

I do a bit of both. I get less of my viewers on RU's, and vice versa. Hence why I'm doing both. My youtube and twitch are interconnected. I also like to save the older games for RU's channel. Like Snes/Nes stuff. Keep the N64/GC stuff to mine. Anyways, on an intermission there, but returning soon in world 2. Casual playthrough. 100% so far on world 1.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:46 PM   #19
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Anyone planning on streaming tonight? I got wings and beer and the place to myself and no friends and I'm lonely.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #20
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

You should make Tenser stream a card battle with dudebro.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #21
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
You should make Tenser stream a card battle with dudebro.
That's sounds like a good idea. Burnt the crap outta my wings btw.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #22
Regular Poster
268 posts
maxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,348, Level: 20 Points: 5,348, Level: 20 Points: 5,348, Level: 20
Level up: 64%
Level up: 64%, 402 Points needed Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Activity: 70%
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

maxh

Quote:
Burnt the crap outta my wings btw.
Don't spill the beer.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #23
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxh View Post
Don't spill the beer.
I treat my beer more cautiously than a diamond cutter treats his diamonds.
kong on Bronies:

Old 05-27-2014, 03:49 AM   #24
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
View Stats

CatalystiCam

Streaming the rest of my custom superflat minecraft hardcore world. I'm far into it, but I figured why not. Trying to kill the wither, but I'm likely hours away for safety's sake. At the point where I'm spending most of my time in the nether, or a super hostile super cave, so it will be interesting.

RU's channel this time.

Tenser, rename the thing when you can. "Minecraft Harcore: Custom Superflat World"

Eta: Right away, but could easily be going for hours. LEss commentary likely as it's a longhaul. As is usually the case with streams vs. youtube. That and I need to focus.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Twitch

---------- Post added 05-27-2014 at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-26-2014 at 08:24 PM ----------

Thanks to all who came. It was the best stream I've had, at least for how enjoyable it was for me. Please archive that. xD

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 05-26-2014 at 10:20 PM..
Old 05-27-2014, 05:25 AM   #25
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
View Stats

Barra

Thanks Cam for streaming. Got some new followers too, we have surpassed 50 now. Always good to have a bit of variety on the channel bringing different crowds in!
Highlighted