Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Scoop This section contains interesting stories found on the web, mostly to do with retro gaming.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Scoop

Old 09-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
Regular Poster
576 posts
Robot is kissing everybody's bum just rightRobot is kissing everybody's bum just rightRobot is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,658, Level: 17 Points: 3,658, Level: 17 Points: 3,658, Level: 17
Level up: 52%
Level up: 52%, 192 Points needed Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Robot

Retronauts Live(?) Episode 22: Kunio-kun and Friends

I think I've said this before, but it's not always easy to come up with topics for Retronauts; since the show's been steadily pumping out episodes for five years, it's often a struggle to find a subject that's yet to be touched. So for this one, I tried to go a little more obscure than usual -- though Kunio-kun ended up being much more relevant than I previously thought. As we stated in the episode, Technos essentially created both the one-on-one fighter and the brawler, so we owe much to this mostly forgotten developer. Plus, it's Renegade's 25th birthday, and for this occasion the game will soon see a 3DS remake that Jeremy Parish happened to check out at this year's TGS. Surprise: it's just as crappy as the original Renegade! But in a heartwarming, nostalgic way.

Special thanks go out to Hardcore Gaming 101's Kurt Kulalta who wrote an amazingly comprehensive guide to Kunio-kun games. If you somehow get lost in all of the crazy-long Japanese titles, consult Kurt's retrospective; it won't steer you wrong. Oh, and Frank Cifaldi's article on what could have been River City Ransom 2 is a great read as well.

NEXT WEEK: We're once again returning to the call-in format with a user-dependent (that's you) episode about b-list JRPGs. Over the years, we've discussed Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest to death, but what of Star Ocean, Breath of Fire, Wild Arms, and others? I'll be putting up a blog post soon with the details, but if you need the info now, it'll be taking place at 3:30pm PDT this Monday, September 26. And, as always, the number is 415-89-MESSY.

If you'd like us to read your letter on the show and/or feature your art on our blog, write to:

Retronauts c/o Bob Mackey
IGN.com
625 2nd Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94107

Track Listing for Episode 22

02:09 - Wily Base, Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
15:43 - Main Theme, River City Ransom - Denkai Laboratory (from the fan remix CD Muscle Spark)
42:37 - Title Theme, River City Ransom
53:56 - Track 4, Ike! Ike! Nekketsu Hockey
1:08:18 - Track 7, Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge
1:17:22 - Track 1, Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge
1:27:20 - Title Music, Nekketsu Densetsu

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9088701
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Automated post.