Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Scoop This section contains interesting stories found on the web, mostly to do with retro gaming.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Scoop

Old 10-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
1,627 posts
Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,598, Level: 49 Points: 40,598, Level: 49 Points: 40,598, Level: 49
Level up: 27%
Level up: 27%, 1,252 Points needed Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Josephjo

+1 (+1/-0)     
ACCardShark - youtube channel

Please check out this video - pay close attention to the fantastic review of Retrouprising during the last 5 mins.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX5iH0EG9Ts"]Recent Pickups and RetroUprising.com[/ame]

For those that don't know ACCardShark is also known on here as member JoshDonow . Thanks to his kind words many of ACCardShark's subscribers have already made the journey across - we'd like to welcome you all and hope you enjoy it here.

We'd like to return the compliment and give ACCardShark's youtube channel a big plug.

If you like your games (retro and modern) then you'll love ACCardShark's videos. It's one man's journey via the local flea markets and ebay to unearth some classic games both good and bad! He basically gives a little talk and review of each game he purchases and then adds it to his vast games collection.

If you prefer coin ops - then there are tours of arcades that are still operating. There's also a fantastic 2 part video of ACCardShark's trip to "The Kong-Off" - The Donkey Kong Competition held at Richie Knucklez Arcade earlier this year.

Check it out the channel here - ACCardShark's Channel - YouTube

You can't argue with over 1350 subscribers!! We hope you enjoy it too. Take down one of JoshDonow 's highscores on here and you may even get a mention on his next video!

Thanks again to ACCardShark and fellow member Agnostic79 for getting him on board.

Comments

Word up

Last edited by Josephjo; 10-29-2011 at 07:54 PM..
Old 10-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Dudebro

Re: ACCardShark - youtube channel

Don't forget if someone can beat his 10 Yard Fight score he'll give them a prize.
Retro Uprising - Arcade - 10-Yard Fight
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
1,757 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33
Level up: 92%
Level up: 92%, 93 Points needed Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Mareeps

Well, I already beat his score in the Mega Man 1 hack, though it didn't look like a hack to me. Nothing was changed.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
Regular Poster
13 posts
JoshDonow has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 5
Points: 598, Level: 5 Points: 598, Level: 5 Points: 598, Level: 5
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 2 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%

JoshDonow

+1 (+1/-0)     

Thank you so much for this page, it means a lot to me ... I will definitely keep the plugs coming for RU, as I love this site and the competitions we have :-)

Comments

Thank you.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #5
Kuma Shock
2,253 posts
Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 36,698, Level: 46 Points: 36,698, Level: 46 Points: 36,698, Level: 46
Level up: 84%
Level up: 84%, 252 Points needed Level up: 84% Level up: 84%

Wolf

awesome video and you also mention the great thunderlips.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:56 AM   #6
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Welcome to the site Josh.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-30-2011, 03:42 AM   #7
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

samejamesbond

Welcome to RU Josh, I like the Jimi Hendrix avatar.

Remove Pootis
Old 10-30-2011, 04:02 AM   #8
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

We as hobbyists need to stick together.

*Subbed*

Old 10-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
Donor
92 posts
GamingWolf has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,472, Level: 20 Points: 5,472, Level: 20 Points: 5,472, Level: 20
Level up: 75%
Level up: 75%, 278 Points needed Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Send a message via AIM to GamingWolf Send a message via MSN to GamingWolf Send a message via Yahoo to GamingWolf Send a message via Skype™ to GamingWolf

GamingWolf

Excellent. Much needed rep for this corner of the world.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #10
1,627 posts
Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Josephjo

Josh's latest venture - "The Cynical Pixel Show Podcast" - Free on itunes.

Episodes 1 and 2 available now.

More information here - New Podcast

Be part of Episode 3 and leave a question for the show here - The Cynical Pixel Show

If you love all things Gaming then it's well worth a listen - If we get enough listeners from here you never know - Josh may give R.U. another mention!!

Last edited by Josephjo; 03-12-2012 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: It's Pixel not Pixal!!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #11
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 24,433, Level: 38 Points: 24,433, Level: 38 Points: 24,433, Level: 38
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 217 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

Barra

I subbed to the podcasts and recommend others do the same! He also mentions RU in his latest youtube video (Flea market sundays Ep. 19)
Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #12
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

CrispyChicken

He mentions RU at around the 11:00 mark

When he mentions "his normal guy, Steve", is he talking about Agnostic?

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 03-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #13
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Barra

I think he means his normal guy at the Flea market he always goes to, Quakertown
Old 03-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #14
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Probably. It's probably just a coincidence his name is Steve like Agnostic's is

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 04-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
1,627 posts
View Stats

Josephjo

Josh's latest vids

Video Games Live From Red Bank NJ.

'A Video Game Multi-Media concert experience created and produced by Game industry legend Tommy Tallarico.'

Part 2

Looked like an enjoyable evening!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #16
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephjo View Post
Josh's latest vids

Video Games Live From Red Bank NJ.

'A Video Game Multi-Media concert experience created and produced by Game industry legend Tommy Tallarico.'

Part 2

Looked like an enjoyable evening!
This came to my town recently, and I DID`NT FRIGGIN GO!!!!!
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 12-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #17
Regular Poster
13 posts
View Stats

JoshDonow

I didn't even realize people from RU were listening to the podcast ... We've taken a vacation from it, and are contemplating even coming back to it ... Is anyone out there still interested in listening?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #18
Regular Poster
190 posts
thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.thetedster intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 4,912, Level: 20 Points: 4,912, Level: 20 Points: 4,912, Level: 20
Level up: 24%
Level up: 24%, 838 Points needed Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
Send a message via AIM to thetedster

thetedster

It's funny that you were in red bank, it's literally 30 minutes from my house. been to yestercades, it a really nice arcade, but I prefer more modern arcades like 8 on the Break in Dunellan in NJ. Decided against going to video games live because I enjoy kind of obscure orchestrated music from gaming and I didn't think they covered them.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #19
Regular Poster
13 posts
View Stats

JoshDonow

*Blows dust off RU account* Hello, everyone!
Old 02-21-2014, 02:20 PM   #20
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
View Stats

CrispyChicken

Hi Josh, how's it going? How's the YT channel doing?

Old 02-22-2014, 05:04 AM   #21
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
View Stats

Barra

Hey AC, welcome back!!
Old 08-22-2018, 10:32 PM   #22
Regular Poster
13 posts
View Stats

JoshDonow

Is anyone still out there?
Old 08-22-2018, 11:41 PM   #23
Regular Poster
706 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,075, Level: 25 Points: 9,075, Level: 25 Points: 9,075, Level: 25
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 675 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

ARedLetterDay

I don't know . . . who am I?

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 08-23-2018, 11:12 PM   #24
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 58
Points: 56,752, Level: 58 Points: 56,752, Level: 58 Points: 56,752, Level: 58
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 1,598 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%

ZedIsDead

There's a handful of us still hanging out, but it's pretty quiet nowadays.
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!