Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

Old 03-14-2010, 05:13 AM   #26
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Dudebro

Re: Sony Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Do you really still have faith in this?
I have faith that Microsoft will try to make a better product, yeah. I don't have any idea if it will do well or innovate though. I was just pointing out that Sony most likely rushed this out ahead of time to get an edge on Microsoft. It makes sense to me, the last person to the motion control party has to try harder or they'll just look silly. This is forcing Microsoft to come up with something to set themselves apart.

I support Microsoft because I've liked a lot of their products in the past. I'm not some fanboy blindly following them regardless of the realities.

@Cam- Seriously it's like you're either not reading or not understanding what was said to you. TMT was basically mocking you for bragging about stuff no one cares about. Instead of taking the hint you just continue on with it. I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #27
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

http://retrouprising.com/video-games...t-natal/t7889/
From the Tech Demos Sony's looks best. Ultimately it will depend on what kind of games they come up for this and probably the system exclusive games will make or break it.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:23 PM   #28
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

TrakMastaTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Spectacular.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #29
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Taken from 1-up.com
"Sony finally showed off their PlayStation 3 motion controller (dubbed "Move") and sub-controller at GDC this week, and let's be charitable by saying it looks in a lot of ways pretty similar in concept to Nintendo's Wii remote and nunchuck. Nintendo, predictably, is being less charitable with their words, as Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime had a stern assessment of their competition's (including Microsoft's) rush to motion controls. "I think we would have been embarrassed to do what our competitors are currently doing," Fils-Aime said to Kotaku, stressing that for Nintendo, it's of vital importance to innovate rather than follow. "So, all I can tell you is that we will innovate. We will provide something new. Something that the consumer and the industry will look at and say, 'Wow, I didn't see that coming.'"
Fils-Aime also gave a few more juicy tidbits about what Nintendo has planned for the successor to the Wii, stressing that it won't simply be a Wii with HD graphics. "For us high definition by itself is not the next frontier. For us we need to provide a whole new compelling experience in our next generation," he said. Fils-Aime also made clear a new console won't be made until Nintendo feels it needs to be.
"When Mr. Miyamoto goes to Mr. Iwata and says, 'I have this great idea and I can't do it on the Wii,' that's when there will be a next generation console," he said. "What that includes we'll see. I think Mr. Miyamoto himself has said that he is very interested in a high-definition experience, but to be 120 percent crystal clear, HD by itself in our view is not enough to go for a new console past the Wii."
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 03-15-2010, 01:59 AM   #30
Donor
597 posts
fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22
Level up: 10%
Level up: 10%, 722 Points needed Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

fungusman

Quote:
"I think we would have been embarrassed to do what our competitors are [doing]..."
So if 360 and PS3 are doing online, does that mean Nintendo is embarrassed right now? Cat fight or what ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt44Pr3oj0Y"]Tennis is OLD HAT.[/ame]
Sayyy gahhhh

Nintendo isn't too happy about sharing what would have been third party exclusives with Sony. Obviously developers are going to focus on the PS3 version first, ala ff13, because from a developers stand point is easier/better work flow decision. So cross platform games are gonna be made for PS3, then ported down for the wii.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1070771p1.html

Quote:
Rather than having to switch controllers to play your PS3, 360, or Wii, Sony is considering a future where you can play all three from a single universal controller.

Last edited by fungusman; 03-15-2010 at 02:16 AM..
Old 03-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #31
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakMastaTom View Post
Spectacular.
Which part? I wasn't going to ask but now you sigged me.