Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 04-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #1
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Winnebagel

The Last 10 Years

So I've returned again from the Eternal realms, and realized that I created my account on here more than 10 years ago!! Oh my what fun times have been had over the last 10 years.

What are your favorite site and non site memories of the last decade?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 04-12-2018, 02:14 PM   #2
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
931 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,248, Level: 25 Points: 9,248, Level: 25 Points: 9,248, Level: 25
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 502 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jason L. Davis

Jason L. Davis

Re: The Last 10 Years

This is my favorite site by FAR! Wether anyone knows it or not, This site is going to explode with traffic and gamers from all over! My favorite memory was findind this place, That day was unforgettable!!
http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/funny-gif-wrestling.gif
Old 04-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Winnebagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason L. Davis View Post
This is my favorite site by FAR! Wether anyone knows it or not, This site is going to explode with traffic and gamers from all over! My favorite memory was findind this place, That day was unforgettable!!
Me too Jason. I hope the traffic does pick-up. This is one of the greatest sites on the planet, and it used to be hopping around here. I hope it kicks again. I miss the old RU days.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 04-12-2018, 03:09 PM   #4
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
931 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Jason L. Davis

+1 (+1/-0)     

Oh, Good things are to come! I have a very strong feeling of this. Im working on it myself, I got my hands in a bit of stuff to help us!

Comments

I dig it!
http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/funny-gif-wrestling.gif
Old 04-12-2018, 08:44 PM   #5
On Vacation
Donor
Game Mod
Administrator
734 posts
krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 9,301, Level: 25 Points: 9,301, Level: 25 Points: 9,301, Level: 25
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 449 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

krehztim

+1 (+1/-0)     

Modding scores by myself for the last year and a half. Hmm, that's probably not my favorite memory lol. Meeting some awesome fellow gamers and competing in some world-class tournaments is my favorite. Getting to know people like Wes, Barra, Matt Hall, JivePants, Spaceman has been priceless.

Comments

Thanks for the effort. I'll try to put some scores in so you can keep busy. ;)
Old 04-13-2018, 12:56 AM   #6
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

+1 (+1/-0)     

Welcome back WB. I miss this place and the fun we used to have. I hope we can turn things around and get some new blood to keep things going. I linked the Billy Mitchell thing on FB today and it reached almost 500 people so that might help a little.

Comments

Me too bro. It'd be nice to see some life return to RU again.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:26 AM   #7
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
View Stats

Winnebagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Welcome back WB. I miss this place and the fun we used to have. I hope we can turn things around and get some new blood to keep things going. I linked the Billy Mitchell thing on FB today and it reached almost 500 people so that might help a little.
Thanks buddy. Me too. I've been trying to focus so much on finishing up books and music stuff, that I feel like I've abandoned everything else lately. I've missed you guys and the fun we had. I'd love to see RU find its spark again.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 04-13-2018, 09:30 PM   #8
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

+1 (+1/-0)     

My favourite moments were definitely the tournaments. At their peak, the team tournaments were awesome. Another good memory was me and WB going head to head for the first 1 cc of 1943kIII. Nobody said it could be done, and there were calls to have the game removed since it was so difficult. Well me and WB decided that we would prove everyone one wrong. I don't think anyone knows this but we were sharing tips with each other via PM despite the fact we were on opposing teams. WB was the one to finally get the first 1 cc, while I on more than one occasion came just a pixel or 2 away. (This was failing to come to a rest in the safe zone on the final bosses last form WB)I'll be hitting my 10 year anniversary in November, brings a tear to my eye.

Comments

Such good days!

Last edited by Slime Slayer; 04-13-2018 at 09:39 PM..
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 04-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #9
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
View Stats

Winnebagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime Slayer View Post
My favourite moments were definitely the tournaments. At their peak, the team tournaments were awesome. Another good memory was me and WB going head to head for the first 1 cc of 1943kIII. Nobody said it could be done, and there were calls to have the game removed since it was so difficult. Well me and WB decided that we would prove everyone one wrong. I don't think anyone knows this but we were sharing tips with each other via PM despite the fact we were on opposing teams. WB was the one to finally get the first 1 cc, while I on more than one occasion came just a pixel or 2 away. (This was failing to come to a rest in the safe zone on the final bosses last form WB)I'll be hitting my 10 year anniversary in November, brings a tear to my eye.
I agree bro. Competing with and against you guys is one of my absolute favorite memories here. That 1943KIII thing was so crazy. We were the only two who were persisten (bull headedly stubborn?) enough to keep on pushing our way through. Ha! I forgot about the tip sharing, but it was all in the spirit of competitive cooperation? That's one of the things I love about RU. You can have guys who love the competition aspect with each other, but then are all freinds at the end of the day. Give yourself mondo credit too. You discovered that weird scoring glitch built into the game on that tank boss thing. That massively impacted the scoring for that game.

Here's a bit of WB trivia: I loved those tournaments and RU times so much, I got a tattoo based on gaming/RU themes from the team tournaments.

I was talking to the Sabster about the idea of one day having like an RU class reunion. Maybe one day we could all meet in Toronto and have a week of tournament gaming and eating Burger Priest.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 04-14-2018, 06:44 PM   #10
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
931 posts
View Stats

Jason L. Davis

Well im back as well guys and Im here to put in MEGA work!
Old 04-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #11
Donor
2,680 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 24,248, Level: 38 Points: 24,248, Level: 38 Points: 24,248, Level: 38
Level up: 83%
Level up: 83%, 402 Points needed Level up: 83% Level up: 83%

sabby

Well if you count my time at onVGP, it's approaching 14 years. What wonderful memories. I miss much of the old guard, but am glad to see some familiar faces still around.

This is a wonderful place that got me through many a hard time. Such great gaming talent here as well as colorful personalities. Thank you RU members.
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:36 PM   #12
On Vacation
Donor
Game Mod
Administrator
734 posts
krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!krehztim has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 9,301, Level: 25 Points: 9,301, Level: 25 Points: 9,301, Level: 25
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 449 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

krehztim

LOOK AT THOSE BADGES!!! lol

I got here about a year and a half too late, but I still love being here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby View Post
Well if you count my time at onVGP, it's approaching 14 years. What wonderful memories. I miss much of the old guard, but am glad to see some familiar faces still around.

This is a wonderful place that got me through many a hard time. Such great gaming talent here as well as colorful personalities. Thank you RU members.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #13
Donor
2,680 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 24,248, Level: 38 Points: 24,248, Level: 38 Points: 24,248, Level: 38
Level up: 83%
Level up: 83%, 402 Points needed Level up: 83% Level up: 83%

sabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by krehztim View Post
LOOK AT THOSE BADGES!!! lol
I wear those bad boys with pride.
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:13 PM   #14
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

Some good times and lots of bad times.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #15
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
View Stats

Winnebagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
Some good times and lots of bad times.
I hope the good times are outnumbering the bad ones now my friend.

I've been away too long. I've missed all of my RU friends. The last few years have been a blur of productivity, but I miss the old gang.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 05-11-2018, 05:34 PM   #16
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
I hope the good times are outnumbering the bad ones now my friend.

I've been away too long. I've missed all of my RU friends. The last few years have been a blur of productivity, but I miss the old gang.
Depends, I just come here to play Retro Games when I want to.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:40 AM   #17
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

+1 (+1/-0)     

I suppose many people have moved onto various Discord servers by now. Forums are becoming a little antiquated, huh? I think a lot of youth/potential new blood (at least in the way it existed ten years ago) leans towards chat systems that are more fast paced and phone-friendly these days. Then again, those are probably the same folk that don't have too many memories of old Sega platforms and Arcade games.

Incidentally, I came checking in to hunt around Genesis stuff and I'm pleased to see this thread. I remember finding out about the site about ten years ago and have fond memories, too. I was just a kid and practically cut my teeth on this place as far as nerdy retro stuff is concerned, but I guess other kids my age weren't really into nostalgia at the ripe age of twelve.

Ironically I started to feel the generation gap a little harder around 2015/2016... I guess that's why I don't come back too much. I'm glad to see that people still show the site some love though, and that great folks like Winnebagel can show up in 2018 and still be welcomed. Brings back more memories.

Comments

Thanks buddy. I miss the old RU gang.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:35 AM   #18
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 14 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

StarfoxFan2009

Plenty of fun times. I really enjoyed the time we did the Star Trek Mystery, haha
Old 04-19-2018, 02:42 PM   #19
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
View Stats

Winnebagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxFan2009 View Post
Plenty of fun times. I really enjoyed the time we did the Star Trek Mystery, haha
I did too. That was really fun. I wish there were enough people still around to do that type of thing. I miss the old days of the fun events like that.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 05-25-2018, 03:02 AM   #20
Regular Poster
757 posts
Timber Wolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 18
Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18
Level up: 66%
Level up: 66%, 137 Points needed Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Send a message via Yahoo to Timber Wolf

Timber Wolf

The bagel is as buff as ever. Welcome back!
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."
Old 05-30-2018, 12:06 PM   #21
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
View Stats

Winnebagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
The bagel is as buff as ever. Welcome back!
Thanks TW. It's nice to chat with the old gang again. As an Eternal being, I'm not always as familiar with youngester's ways. What is a Discord server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
Depends, I just come here to play Retro Games when I want to.
Well, I'm glad you're still around here - no matter the reason. Tails is one of my favorite peeps from RU history.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 05-14-2022, 07:47 PM   #22
I.X.E.
260 posts
T to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the darkT to the C glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,119, Level: 28 Points: 12,119, Level: 28 Points: 12,119, Level: 28
Level up: 64%
Level up: 64%, 331 Points needed Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Send a message via AIM to T to the C Send a message via Yahoo to T to the C

T to the C

I always have good times in R.U.

Real Life.