Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 08-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
230 posts
LunaAngelRose is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,004, Level: 13 Points: 2,004, Level: 13 Points: 2,004, Level: 13
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 446 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

LunaAngelRose

What Is Your Favorite 80's song?

My favorite is from Peter Gabriel's album So is the song "Sledgehammer" which came out 1986 amazing how old this movie is and it's still cool as ever when you watch it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1tTN-b5KHg"]YouTube - Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer (1986)[/ame]
Old 08-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?

I love the music of Rick Astley. Sue Me.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI"]YouTube - Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up[/nomedia]
Old 08-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
Regular Poster
1,660 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,745, Level: 23 Points: 7,745, Level: 23 Points: 7,745, Level: 23
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 305 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

david man45

Not really sure, maybe Twilight Zone if that was the 80's by Goldenearring
Old 08-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
Regular Poster
757 posts
Timber Wolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 18
Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18
Level up: 66%
Level up: 66%, 137 Points needed Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Send a message via Yahoo to Timber Wolf

Timber Wolf

you you could've posted it,
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18DhOSDgSkE&feature=related"]YouTube - Twilight Zone - Golden Earring[/ame]

and as much as I hate to admit liking this song, not to mention this was off there last good album
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdlPjAJFIrw"]YouTube - U2 - With Or Without You[/nomedia]

Last edited by Timber Wolf; 08-19-2009 at 06:32 PM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."
Old 08-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
230 posts
View Stats

LunaAngelRose

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J4TdJdpPDM"]YouTube - Bad Company - Holy Water[/nomedia]

Holy Water by Bad Company from there album "Holy Water" self titled album a very awesome song was also on the tv show one of my favorite Supernatural.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #6
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
sezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,413, Level: 28 Points: 12,413, Level: 28 Points: 12,413, Level: 28
Level up: 96%
Level up: 96%, 37 Points needed Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Send a message via Yahoo to sezthemank

sezthemank

Anything from UB40.

Ok My Sig might not be as epic ,
But my dawggg Is
Old 08-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
Donor
2,680 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 24,248, Level: 38 Points: 24,248, Level: 38 Points: 24,248, Level: 38
Level up: 83%
Level up: 83%, 402 Points needed Level up: 83% Level up: 83%

sabby

The video isn't much but

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cCI_XDQWb0"]YouTube - Soft Cell - Tainted Love: Video[/nomedia]
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
sezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,413, Level: 28 Points: 12,413, Level: 28 Points: 12,413, Level: 28
Level up: 96%
Level up: 96%, 37 Points needed Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Send a message via Yahoo to sezthemank

sezthemank

Good tune,
I sang it on karrioke once before getting kicked out.

Ok My Sig might not be as epic ,
But my dawggg Is
Old 08-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #9
Regular Poster
16 posts
Ryu2Cammy is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 3
Points: 226, Level: 3 Points: 226, Level: 3 Points: 226, Level: 3
Level up: 26%
Level up: 26%, 74 Points needed Level up: 26% Level up: 26%

Ryu2Cammy

I like rock you like a hurricane by the scorpions. I dont know it just gets my hyped up and ready to do whatever it is im gonna do. Also i like i ran(so far away) by flock of seagulls
Old 08-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
346 posts
Kevin is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 16
Points: 3,392, Level: 16 Points: 3,392, Level: 16 Points: 3,392, Level: 16
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 58 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Kevin

No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn by The Beastie Boys.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI2IyHXJo5M"]YouTube - The Beastie Boys - No Sleep Till Brooklyn[/nomedia]
Old 08-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #11
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

+1 (+1/-0)     

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P93cI_u1mng"]YouTube - Tom Petty and the heartbreakers - I wont back down[/ame]

Comments

Old 08-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #12
Regular Poster
1,660 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Points: 7,745, Level: 23 Points: 7,745, Level: 23 Points: 7,745, Level: 23
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 305 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

david man45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby View Post
One hit wonder song.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:56 AM   #13
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

I couldn't think of just one song to call my favorite until I saw this. Word up Tom Petty rules.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:41 AM   #14
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I couldn't think of just one song to call my favorite until I saw this. Word up Tom Petty rules.
Agreed. I believe I have eleven or twelve albums of his and some old vinyl as well.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #15
Donor
2,680 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

sabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu2Cammy View Post
I like rock you like a hurricane by the scorpions. I dont know it just gets my hyped up and ready to do whatever it is im gonna do. Also i like i ran(so far away) by flock of seagulls
Quote:
Originally Posted by david man45 View Post
One hit wonder song.
I could probably reel off a 2 CD set of one hit wonders for the 80's, those are most of the songs that I remember most (AHa and Kajagoogoo anyone?)
Old 08-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #16
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

is that the extended version of tainted love? (cant see it while im on my wii)
the longer version is twice as good as the shorter one.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 08-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #17
Donor
2,680 posts
View Stats

sabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
is that the extended version of tainted love? (cant see it while im on my wii)
the longer version is twice as good as the shorter one.
It's not. I may have to find that version of it.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #18
230 posts
View Stats

LunaAngelRose

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCgbx51mYQE"]YouTube - VAN HALEN pretty woman video[/ame]

Oh (Pretty Women) by one of my favorite bands Van Halen it was such a cool video and Alex Van Halen was dressed up like a women the one who was the damsel in trouble.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:53 AM   #19
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

I never understood why people make fun of one hit wonders. Sure it sucks for the band that they didn't go anywhere but at least they made that one good song. I don't think it makes the one song any worse or better, a song is a song.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #20
Donor
2,680 posts
View Stats

sabby

Quote:
I never understood why people make fun of one hit wonders. Sure it sucks for the band that they didn't go anywhere but at least they made that one good song. I don't think it makes the one song any worse or better, a song is a song.
Me too. If anything, they probably bring back a memory of some sort. I have always liked the one hit wonders. Besides, it's one more hit song than I have wrote.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #21
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Winnebagel

Quote:
I agree. Also, depending on the situation it often only takes one hit to secure someone financially for life. That's not always the case, but if the artist wrote the song, they can make royalties that last a good long while.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #22
Donor
815 posts
Smittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 686 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

Smittycal

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGvZK89RUus"]YouTube - Prince - 1999[/ame]
http://www.scuffletown.org/wp-content/image/neverends1.gif
Old 08-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #23
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

people have the tendancy to think that if a band is a one hit wonder, that they only had one good song, witch is almost never the case
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 08-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #24
230 posts
View Stats

LunaAngelRose

Don't think Van Halen was making fun of Orbinson's song "(Oh) Pretty Women I think they were trying to make this one hit wonder be listened to more and how they did the video was great they dressed up in different costumes it was funny Roth dressed up like Napoleon.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E42ZoFY8jdY"]YouTube - The Police-Fall out (Studio version)[/ame]

My favorite 80's song 'Fallout" by The Police no matter how many times I see this video on VH1 classic channel I know the lyrics to this song I sing it when it comes on.

Last edited by LunaAngelRose; 08-24-2009 at 12:20 PM..
http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2016_09/asylum1.jpg.518d4f93a7d3aa353b7819e19ae44372.jpg
Old 08-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #25
Regular Poster
757 posts
Timber Wolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 18
Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18
Level up: 66%
Level up: 66%, 137 Points needed Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Send a message via Yahoo to Timber Wolf

Timber Wolf

WHY IS METAL BEING FORGOTTEN ABOUT!!!!!! lol well here's an entry
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgqxQmAbTBc"]YouTube - Iron Maiden-The trooper videoclip[/nomedia]
the trooper actually has a video for it, great song, LOVE the guitar in it
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWGOEWdV13M"]YouTube - The Call of Ktulu - Metallica[/ame]

Last edited by Timber Wolf; 08-24-2009 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: nevermind
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."