Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Introduce Yourself Talk about yourself and welcome others.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Introduce Yourself

Old 11-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Slime Slayer

sup foos

hey all im stevencassidy13, and i know a few of you already from other sites (evg,nn). im 28 years old and been gaming since i was 5 or so, currently playing alot of ds (advance wars not duel strike the newer one, cant think what its called), snes (gemfire) and dreamcast (virtua tennis 2, street fighter 3 third strike). so yeah thats about it,i just gotta download joytokey, and then ill be kickin butt and takin names
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 11-17-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
Regular Poster
966 posts
mj23 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 19
Points: 4,605, Level: 19 Points: 4,605, Level: 19 Points: 4,605, Level: 19
Level up: 89%
Level up: 89%, 45 Points needed Level up: 89% Level up: 89%
Send a message via AIM to mj23 Send a message via MSN to mj23

mj23

Re: sup foos

hey ive seen you at evg

welcome to retrouprising and enjoy the classics
Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
hey all im stevencassidy13, and i know a few of you already from other sites (evg,nn). im 28 years old and been gaming since i was 5 or so, currently playing alot of ds (advance wars not duel strike the newer one, cant think what its called), snes (gemfire) and dreamcast (virtua tennis 2, street fighter 3 third strike). so yeah thats about it,i just gotta download joytokey, and then ill be kickin butt and takin names

Old 11-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Kong

Welcome, xpadder is better than joytokey.
http://www.retrouprising.com/index.php?topic=6184.0
Old 11-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Slime Slayer

hehe, thanks guys, i remember you mj23, you posted a vid of you and your buddied puttin your butts on the line in front of the whole school, i dont know about this "tenser" guy though, seems a little... shortbus-ish

is there an faq to joytokey on here, or any common problems? it reconizes my controller and i assigned all the keys the way i wanted them to be, but doesnt seem to work at all so far, i havent messed around with it too much though. i picked up a super sweet controller at future shop marked down from 55.99 to 15.99 cause it was returned or on display or something ;D

EDIT: hey kong that post came while i was posting, ill try xpadder then, thanks

EDIT2: will xpadder only work on ps/xbox controllers?, ive got an x-box style controller a "saitek cyborg rumble"
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 11-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63

Kugyince

xpadder is more complicated but makes up for that in its customization.

Also, sometimes JoyToKey can have difficulties recognizing the differences between a d-pad and an analog stick.

Also:
( Click to show/hide )

Old 11-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
Regular Poster
757 posts
Timber Wolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 18
Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18 Points: 4,113, Level: 18
Level up: 66%
Level up: 66%, 137 Points needed Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Send a message via Yahoo to Timber Wolf

Timber Wolf

Quote:
hehe, thanks guys, i remember you mj23, you posted a vid of you and your buddied puttin your butts on the line in front of the whole school, i dont know about this "tenser" guy though, seems a little... shortbus-ish

is there an faq to joytokey on here, or any common problems? it reconizes my controller and i assigned all the keys the way i wanted them to be, but doesnt seem to work at all so far, i havent messed around with it too much though. i picked up a super sweet controller at future shop marked down from 55.99 to 15.99 cause it was returned or on display or something ;D

EDIT: hey kong that post came while i was posting, ill try xpadder then, thanks

EDIT2: will xpadder only work on ps/xbox controllers?, ive got an x-box style controller a "saitek cyborg rumble"
Insulting Tenser? dude your asking to rip a new hole in time and space, and we all remember what happened last time we ripped a hole.......
By th' way Welcome, we can guarantee you'll spend a lot of time here, and may-be catch syphilis while your at it
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."
Old 11-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #8
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

awwww, i was hoping to spread some syphillis, i like it here already, lol on the bill murray. i just got xpadder working perfectly thanks for the link, now what score to decimate first?
kong on Bronies:

Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #9
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

Quote:
awwww, i was hoping to spread some syphillis, i like it here already, lol on the bill murray. i just got xpadder working perfectly thanks for the link, now what score to decimate first?
Go for 1943 for NES.[br]Posted on: November 17, 2008, 09:34:44 PM_________________________________________________A lso, I shouldn't have to tell you this but, we consider farming and turbo button modes as cheating.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #10
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

okay so before i waste 5 hours, i wanna get this straight, i click on score mode and its automatic? also whats this inventory?! can i collect bottles and put fairies in them or something? and i notice people can give other people cash?! gimmie gimmie gimmie!!!!
kong on Bronies:

Old 11-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #11
Regular Poster
1,000 posts
count100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 4,839, Level: 20 Points: 4,839, Level: 20 Points: 4,839, Level: 20
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 911 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

count100

welcome to ru.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

When playing an NES game, when you're ready to submit your score you must press T on the keyboard. If you are playing any other system that isn't flash, you right click the screen and click submit.

Your score MUST be on the screen when you submit. Submitting sends a screenshot to Kong, Sabby and I who will either approve or delete your submission.

Don't worry about the inventory, its not really used and will be changed after the next update.

Money equals points. You gain points by posting and getting high scores. Points are used to purchase items in the shop and to enter some contests. Points will also be reset after the next update. So don't bother with them.[br]Posted on: November 17, 2008, 10:02:44 PM_________________________________________________T wo more things:

When your submission is reviewed you will receive a pm notification. If you don't receive one within 24 hours most likely something went wrong. Make sure you're logged in as well.

Also, its about time. It took you longer to join than it should have, even for being a retarded Canadian.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #13
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Welcome, I've seen your name before but I'm not sure where.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #14
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

this retarded canadian just got his first trophy ;D and dudebro thanks for the welcome, maybe you reognize the name from www.everyvideogame.com? unless your from atlantic canada and tenser yes your right i did take me too long to sign up, im pretty much hooked on going for high scores, and honestly just a few minutes ago was the first time in years ive atually gotten pissed at a game, i yelled some obscenities at my computer screen lol. hahah as far as the 1943 score goes mark my words -she will be mine
also i just kinda figured out on my own we shouldnt be submitting sores unless there the new top sore or very close right?
kong on Bronies:

Old 11-18-2008, 12:14 AM   #15
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

Quote:
dudebro thanks for the welcome, maybe you reognize the name from www.everyvideogame.com? unless your from atlantic canada ........
....also i just kinda figured out on my own we shouldnt be submitting sores unless there the new top sore or very close right?
I've read topics on EVG before but I don't think I ever registered.
No I'm not canadian(not by birth at least, I do have canadian relatives).

I personally don't want any of your sores but if you want to PM them directly to Tenser I'm sure it's cool. Btw I wouldn't want to see what the top sore looks like.

For the scores you can submit anyone you want as long as it's within the rules. I think it's good to set scores all over the board, it shows how popular the game is and it beefs up the list so it's not just a cakewalk to the top 10. Make people try for that 15th place.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:16 AM   #16
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
View Stats

Kugyince

Just out of preference, I'll submit a score as long as its in the top three.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:40 AM   #17
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
Just out of preference, I'll submit a score as long as its in the top three.
I'll do that for some games when the score list is well played but on the lesser played games I really think it's good to help get some activity.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #18
Regular Poster
398 posts
V ideoY3K has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,373, Level: 11 Points: 1,373, Level: 11 Points: 1,373, Level: 11
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 127 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

V ideoY3K

Welcome to RU. I hope you'll enjoy yourself as I have at EVG.
&quot;Witness the true art of war... or something to that effect&quot;.<br />- Shingen Takeda<br />&nbsp; Samurai Warriors
Old 11-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #19
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 58
Points: 56,752, Level: 58 Points: 56,752, Level: 58 Points: 56,752, Level: 58
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 1,598 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%

ZedIsDead

Welcome to RU, Steven! I hope you enjoy yourself.
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #20
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

thanks fellas
kong on Bronies:

Old 11-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #21
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46
Level up: 7%
Level up: 7%, 1,406 Points needed Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

CatalystiCam

hey steven... thought I would make an account here too welcome to ru
Old 11-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #22
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

what? all i heard was luke i am your father
kong on Bronies:

Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #23
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46
Level up: 7%
Level up: 7%, 1,406 Points needed Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

CatalystiCam

I'm cameron36363636 from evg, I just made an account
Old 11-24-2008, 06:41 AM   #24
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
dudebro thanks for the welcome, maybe you reognize the name from www.everyvideogame.com? unless your from atlantic canada ........
....also i just kinda figured out on my own we shouldnt be submitting sores unless there the new top sore or very close right?
I've read topics on EVG before but I don't think I ever registered.
No I'm not canadian(not by birth at least, I do have canadian relatives).

I personally don't want any of your sores but if you want to PM them directly to Tenser I'm sure it's cool. Btw I wouldn't want to see what the top sore looks like.

For the scores you can submit anyone you want as long as it's within the rules. I think it's good to set scores all over the board, it shows how popular the game is and it beefs up the list so it's not just a cakewalk to the top 10. Make people try for that 15th place.
Hes a member on NintendoNerds I think.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:39 PM   #25
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

ahhhhh...
kong on Bronies: