Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Scoop This section contains interesting stories found on the web, mostly to do with retro gaming.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Scoop

View Poll Results: What do you think of the color pink?
It's the best 2 50.00%
I can take it or leave it 1 25.00%
I don't like it 1 25.00%
Other {please specify} 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

Nintendo Girls Club

Nintendo has launched a you tube channel aimed at girls, and already there is a 'backlash' - some people are complaining it's too .. girly?

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/heal...203305286.html

I skimmed over it, and came away with:
'It's too pink.'

Gimme a break, from what I see pink is IN.
Look at all the pink items in the stores - everything from cutlery to computers is available in pink, and someone must be buying those items, right?

Nintendo Girls Club - YouTube

Looks Ok to me, but what do you guys think?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
Regular Poster
2,122 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,725, Level: 24 Points: 8,725, Level: 24 Points: 8,725, Level: 24
Level up: 85%
Level up: 85%, 125 Points needed Level up: 85% Level up: 85%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

TodayIsForgotten

Re: Nintendo Girls Club

Well, the problem is, its an article from Yahoo.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

I don't know why anyone is surprised when it's coming from Nintendo. Do they even have any female characters that aren't obvious stereotypes?
Old 02-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

RU Joe

+1 (+1/-0)     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I don't know why anyone is surprised when it's coming from Nintendo. Do they even have any female characters that aren't obvious stereotypes?

Comments

samus ftw
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27 Points: 11,211, Level: 27
Level up: 63%
Level up: 63%, 339 Points needed Level up: 63% Level up: 63%

KATZ

wow... thats stupid... plus whats up with the laugh a 0:12?
Old 02-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #6
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

The blonde buxom beauty who had a secret bikini in her first appearance and a painted on leotard in practically everything else? Not the best example JG.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #7
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

+1 (+1/-0)     

Quote:
Challenge accepted.

( Click to show/hide )
Rosalina

Palutena

Midna

Impa

Leaf (and all other female Pokemon trainers)

Telma

Comments

You win a cookie.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:39 PM   #8
Regular Poster
2,122 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,725, Level: 24 Points: 8,725, Level: 24 Points: 8,725, Level: 24
Level up: 85%
Level up: 85%, 125 Points needed Level up: 85% Level up: 85%

TodayIsForgotten

oh S, son. You got owned!
Old 02-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #9
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

I wouldn't say owned, some of those look pretty stereotypey.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #10
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Quote:
I wouldn't say owned, some of those look pretty stereotypey.
Ok Anita, whatever you say.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #11
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Hey I'm just calling it like I see it, sorry if that threatens your manhood.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #12
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Hey I'm just calling it like I see it, sorry if that threatens your manhood.
How excatly does you being wrong threaten my manhood?
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #13
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

I dunno man, I dunno.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:10 AM   #14
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

RU Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATZ View Post
wow... thats stupid... plus whats up with the laugh a 0:12?
Random 'let's be silly for the camera' nonsense , spliced together in quick cuts to give it that Rock video/ toy commercial feel that girls just love.

I suppose there's a real name for it but this style of video editing seems very popular.
No offense to anyone whose job it is to do such editing; I'm just trying to identify it somehow.

TIF:
Quote:
Well, the problem is, its an article from Yahoo.
I know what you mean, but their articles are some of the most interesting sometimes, despite the obvious Tabloid ish ness.

DB, I agree that N.G.C. may not have much redeeming value in terms of educational content and is for the most part a series of ads.
Quote:
The blonde buxom beauty who had a secret bikini in her first appearance and a painted on leotard in practically everything else? Not the best example JG.
You say this as though I'm supposed to know the history of this person; this video is the first time I've ever seen her.
Painted on leotards?
Secret Bikinis?

I want the link to the pictures you've been looking at!

But you must hand it to Nintendo; most Girl Gamers I've seen gravitate mostly toward the 'cuter' game titles, so if they could package them in a way that appeals to their target audience ..

but I find their choice of Actors ineffective, she looks more like she's selling makeup than video games.

One thing she said that I found interesting was that they may develop a new game based on N.G.C. user feedback.

Do you think this is true, or they've got a game already developed, waiting for release come what may?

Last edited by RU Joe; 02-21-2014 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: more
( Click to show/hide )

Old 02-21-2014, 01:06 AM   #15
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

( Click to show/hide )

There you go JG.

I don't have a problem with Nintendo going full on pink. All I'm saying is it's not unexpected from them, their main character is an Italian stereotype and they thrive on diabeetus level cuteness.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:49 AM   #16
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

RU Joe

Quote:
( Click to show/hide )

There you go JG.
Nice pictures, thanks.

Quote:
I don't have a problem with Nintendo going full on pink.
It isn't so much that it's full on pink, more that it's .. it's .. so

( Click to show/hide )
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_pTeDz4Zpk"]Aqua - Barbie girl (Official music video) HD - YouTube[/ame]

And I have to say that after watching a few episodes of N.G.C., it is kind of crappy.
I wasn't expecting a grand show but

( Click to show/hide )

It's poorly narrated - not taking into account the blond girl's thick accent {South African?} making it difficult for me to understand , you can tell when the teleprompter hasn't advanced fast enough, ruining her performance.

Furthermore during the episode 'unboxing the 3DS', I got the impression the writer doesn't think girls are very smart.

Girls are capable of opening a damn box without detailed instructions believe it or not!

NOW I can see what that 'backlash' was about.
Poor move by Nintendo, in my opinion.

ON Stereotypes:

Yes there are a lot of them, aren't there?
But then how many truly original character ideas can there be - there have to be some marginally familiar characteristics to endear new game characters to the audience, right?

And here's one for the girls:

( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )

Old 02-22-2014, 12:00 AM   #17
Donor
597 posts
fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22
Level up: 10%
Level up: 10%, 722 Points needed Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

fungusman

I'll just leave this here ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znY665hkx50
Old 02-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #18
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

A link to an Alex Jones video?

Old 02-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #19
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

RU Joe

'We have one that can SEE!'

'Goes by the username Fungusman .. they're a Donor .. '
'.. it appears to be a Retro Gamers' site called RetroUprising ..'
' Hurry, they're posting alternative viewpoints - they must be stopped at once!!!'
( Click to show/hide )

Old 02-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #20
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

You like Alex Jones? Don't you know he's a puppet of the very people he rants about all the time? He's the best distraction they could have, no one will believe the NWO is real when people like this are spreading the message-
( Click to show/hide )
Old 02-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #21
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

RU Joe

DB:
Quote:
You like Alex Jones?
Not on a personal level; he seems too 'Alpha' at times, and used to get quite preachy.
I wish they would get someone more even - tempered and well - spoken for their broadcasts.

About the picture, can you tell me exactly what he was talking about at the time ?
Have you ever once watched his show?

Quote:
Don't you know he's a puppet of the very people he rants about all the time?
Definitely one of the more crazy things you've said over the years, and I get the feeling you're trolling, especially when you follow up with:
Quote:
He's the best distraction they could have, no one will believe the NWO is real when people like this are spreading the message-
.. and now I KNOW you're trolling.

If you think that face is scary then I should post some of those people on TV - the ones who threaten guests with physical violence, call for people to be 'taken away', etc. if their guests state views other than those being presented by the host of the show.

This one guy had some kid on whose dad was killed on 9/11, and all the kid said was he didn't believe the official story, whereupon the host said:

'Get out of my studio before I tear you apart!'

AS far as the existence of the N.W.O., I remember a TV broadcast by Ronald Reagan saying there is such a thing.
Furthermore I posted a collection of video quotes by world leaders talking about the N.W.O. some time back, which you obviously did not watch.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb33Xv73Acg"]Top New World Order quotes - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by RU Joe; 02-24-2014 at 02:02 PM..
( Click to show/hide )

Old 02-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #22
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

We're getting a bit off topic now. All I have to say is, can you prove Alex Jones isn't a puppet of the NWO agenda? No you can't. His complicity is equally as valid as the conspiracy theories he pushes to sell books and get ratings.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:54 AM   #23
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

RU Joe

Quote:
We're getting a bit off topic now.

I LOL'd myself when I realized what thread this is.
Yessir, just a bit off - topic hee hee hee.

Ok, my final word on AJ is at least he gives you the links so you can see what he's talking about for yourself; it seems like most other news don't.
It's not a perfect news outlet but what they say makes more sense than the 'guy with a boxcutter' nonsensical stories presented by others.

ON TOPIC:

I'm pretty sure we've killed this thread.

Nice going DB, you did it again.

( Click to show/hide )

Old 02-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #24
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Don't worry this topic wasn't going anywhere good anyways.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #25
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
View Stats

Slime Slayer

Quote:
Don't worry this topic wasn't going anywhere good anyways.
Post no. 3 in the thread:

Quote:
A new record I think, good stuff!
kong on Bronies: