Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Scoop This section contains interesting stories found on the web, mostly to do with retro gaming.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Scoop

Old 10-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

samejamesbond

Screwattack: Top 10 Console Local Multiplayer Games

With online gaming completely taken over the industry, what were the 10 best
games that let you play with your real life friends?

[ame="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-screwattack/706037"]ScrewAttack Video Game, Top 10: Local Multiplayer Games (Console Edition) | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com[/ame]

Sorry WB and GG, you were to late for the contest.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 10-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

Re: Screwattack: Top 10 Console Local Multiplayer Games

Glad to see Twisted Metal on the list. I was gonna be mad if Goldeneye wasn't there or low on the list, good to see I wasn't disappointed. Perfect Dark was better of course but it wasn't as big.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

samejamesbond

I mostly agree with the list too, but I would have put SSBB over SSBM.

Remove Pootis
Old 10-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 14 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

StarfoxFan2009

One thing Brawl has over Melee: Retro stages
Old 10-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

samejamesbond

That's true, and Brawl had far more creative stages than Melee did.
The Final Smash really changed everything.

Finally, most of the SSBM characters were clones, SSBB had very diverse characters.
It even settled the Mario/Sonic debate.

Remove Pootis
Old 10-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #6
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43 Points: 31,298, Level: 43
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,152 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

CrispyChicken

I agree with James, I liked Brawl more than Melee. I like the list. Glad to see Mario Kart and Mario Party on there. Tons of fun there with my siblings and cousins.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #7
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

Brawl is better, I agree, but Melee was a huge jump forward from Smash Bros. Brawl had most of everything right where it needed to be.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
Regular Poster
11,175 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61 Points: 71,254, Level: 61
Level up: 4%, 19,296 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Slime Slayer

Saturn bomberman should have been on this list, and i haven't even ever played it.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

StarfoxFan2009

Another fun local game: NFL Blitz even though people thought the coin op was better
Old 10-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46
Level up: 7%
Level up: 7%, 1,406 Points needed Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

CatalystiCam

Perfect dark is way better simply because it has bots in MP. People don't seem to get this... Sorry, I'm going to say imo that Perfect Darks multi-player is way better, I cannot vouch for missions though.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #11
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63

Dudebro

Quote:
People don't seem to get this.
I think most people don't care. I agree that the addition of cool bots was awesome but most people who loved Goldeneye played with friends anyways, bots didn't matter to them.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
View Stats

StarfoxFan2009

Bots are very insignificant to a multiplayer game. It's a lot more fun with other players than AI who can't find you half the time
Old 10-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #13
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

CatalystiCam

but you have golden eyes best maps in perfect dark and then you can play with friends while having bots too.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #14
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

@SFF- I agree that most bots aren't fun but Perfect dark was different. You could customize them and set them on varying degrees of difficulty. I forget the name but the hardest ones could go invisible and they were cheap as hell. We liked to play humans vs the good bots and we'd end up pinned down trying to survive, it was awesome.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #15
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
View Stats

StarfoxFan2009

the game where the bots are at their stupidest: 007 Nightfire...
Old 10-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #16
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
View Stats

CatalystiCam

Sim ranks (general):

Meat Sim
Easy Sim
Normal Sim
Hard Sim
Perfect Sim
Dark Sim

you could also tell your bots what to do which is kind of hard to figure out since I didn't notice until owning the game for 5 years...
Old 10-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #17
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
View Stats

StarfoxFan2009

Then again, I've never experienced Perfect Dark as much as you have
Old 10-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #18
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Dark sim that's it. They were the first brutal AI I encountered. It was like playing against uber nerds in Halo before those try hards existed.

What do you mean about telling them what to do Cam? I played that game a ton and I'd probably remember if you give me some more info about it.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #19
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
View Stats

CatalystiCam

I can't remember the exact controls since I got it on xbla recently but you hold down the button you normally would to select a weapon through the menu (I think 'A' or 'B') then you hit 'Z' a few times while holding the button to get to a list of each and every bot on your team. You can cycle through them by hitting 'Z' and a list of orders will be available.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #20
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

I think I remember that but it's foggy. It's probably barely worth using and I forgot the details after all the years. I did try to look it up quickly and found nothing, sorry.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #21
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
View Stats

CatalystiCam

it's useful because you can tell your bots to hold a position, attack a specific person or follow you or defend you.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #22
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
View Stats

Dudebro

Yeah I do remember making them defend or follow now that you say that. I still don't recall how to do it though. I'll try posting in the PD forum on Xbox.com and see if anyone there knows. I'd try gamefaqs but the board seems dead and most of them are full on tards.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:39 PM   #23
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
View Stats

StarfoxFan2009

I'll probably play it at some point
Old 10-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #24
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

samejamesbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36 View Post
but you have golden eyes best maps in perfect dark and then you can play with friends while having bots too.
I haven't played Perfect Dark but I heard it has the same maps as Goldeneye.

Remove Pootis
Old 10-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #25
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
View Stats

CatalystiCam

it shares the best maps.