Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 1409 USD (28%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 03-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Demon-Mask

Nicknames

Let's face it: we all have nicknames, both in reality and online.

What are your nicknames, and where do they come from.

Mine are:
Twinkie - A few years back, on the bus ride to school, my friend ended a sentence with the word 'twinkie' I missed it, and so I responded with the answer of 'what?', and so he started calling me Twinkie, and his friends started to as well.

Kaba - In first year Japanese class, we were told to pick a Japanese name, and I chose Kaba. My teacher asked if I was aware of the meaning, which I was. I was only known as Kaba in class, until we learned the words for some animals. It turns out 'kaba' means hippo, from that point on I became Kaba, you tend to remember a kid who chose to name himself hippo.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
Regular Poster
1,660 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,745, Level: 23 Points: 7,745, Level: 23 Points: 7,745, Level: 23
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 305 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

david man45

Re: Nicknames

My girlfriend calls me little davey junior because after I got a hair cut and i slept over her mom said I looked like a little kid and called me junior. I call her Allie Rivas because if she moves her bangs she has a pretty HUGE forehead and theres this girl in our school who has a big forehead too. I think I put a picture of her in my album on my profile.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
Regular Poster
405 posts
Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 5,927, Level: 21 Points: 5,927, Level: 21 Points: 5,927, Level: 21
Level up: 26%
Level up: 26%, 523 Points needed Level up: 26% Level up: 26%

Chuck Norris

my girlfriend calls me "Pegasus" [from Yu-Gi-Oh]

IT TICKS ME OFF!!!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
Regular Poster
386 posts
nikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12
Level up: 23%
Level up: 23%, 385 Points needed Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

nikegirl2012

well... I haven't had many nicknames... the two I can really call nicknames are Nike girl that started when I was in elementary school because my aunt worked at Nike so I had everything Nike and I'd always were at least one thing Nike to school. So a couple of my PE teachers noticed and called me Nike and then the Spice Girls got popular and a kid in my bus called me Nike Spice or something like that, but since no one could understand what he was saying it quickly became Nike girl, plus I liked it better.

My other nickname is Super. In high school I was new to this group of girls, and...
( Click to show/hide )
Her name was Georgina as well
Since we both liked being called the same thing
( Click to show/hide )
Geo but not Gina
the friend that we had in common and introduced me to the group called her mom (inside joke) and called me super because I was so great (I helped her a lot with all types of things). The other girls got used to calling me Super and it has followed me to collage.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 209 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

tanc24

+1 (+1/-0)     

Not very original but my nicknames are:

Tanc - which is a shortened version of my last name. I used to spell it with a "k", but that's not how you spell my last name. So, now I'm Tanc.

JT - Another original one. Simply my initials. I used to get JT the Bigga Figga (in honor of the rapper) and JT Snow (not for the baseball player, so you figure it out ) when I was in college.

J-True - Very few people call me this, but I like the sound of it.

Comments

Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 03-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63 Points: 111,340, Level: 63
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 18,710 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Dudebro

My nickname is just the shortened version of my full name. Besides that the names people call me are not appropriate for this forum
Old 03-23-2010, 09:06 PM   #7
431 posts
yoshi_star10 has been properly raised to the rank of averageyoshi_star10 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Points: 7,687, Level: 23 Points: 7,687, Level: 23 Points: 7,687, Level: 23
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 363 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

yoshi_star10

Well in 7th grade for our world language class we had a list of nicknames we could choose from, i believe i picked mario. and i may call myself srt now and then because those are my initials. i dont really have a nickname im called by often i guess.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
Donor
597 posts
fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!fungusman has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22 Points: 6,528, Level: 22
Level up: 10%
Level up: 10%, 722 Points needed Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

fungusman

He's in there somewhere ...

My music making name came to be when I was 13 years old. I needed to label a mix tape of some songs I made and just before had it boiled down to two names. Heavy lourd (english/french words for heavy. got the idea looking at a tag that I took off a luggage case) and the one you can see on my PSN tag at the bottom. Was looking at an old bog box and thought "What do people like? Fads. What do people Need ? Air... Oxygen".

I choose the later assuming most people would turn it into the obvious derogatory word. I noticed that (from an early age) when a stupid persons discovers an obvious vulgarity they tend to point out it's obviousness and repeat it LOUDLY to as many people as they can. Lo and behold this has gotten me tons of exposure.

Oddly enough it's a new marketing technque called "Product DISplacement".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIvCfNKg8qM"]YouTube- Product DISplacement (HUNGRY BEAST)[/ame]

Last edited by fungusman; 03-23-2010 at 10:23 PM..
Old 03-23-2010, 10:06 PM   #9
Regular Poster
1,660 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Points: 7,745, Level: 23 Points: 7,745, Level: 23 Points: 7,745, Level: 23
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 305 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

david man45

Mario is?^
Old 03-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #10
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46 Points: 35,544, Level: 46
Level up: 7%
Level up: 7%, 1,406 Points needed Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

CatalystiCam

Cam. Everywhere, lol.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
Regular Poster
233 posts
JKool is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 10
Points: 1,255, Level: 10 Points: 1,255, Level: 10 Points: 1,255, Level: 10
Level up: 78%
Level up: 78%, 45 Points needed Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

JKool

I don't have a nickname.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #12
Regular Poster
306 posts
zarny is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,499, Level: 11 Points: 1,499, Level: 11 Points: 1,499, Level: 11
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 1 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%

zarny

I don't like my nickname.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #13
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63 Points: 117,922, Level: 63
Level up: 38%
Level up: 38%, 12,128 Points needed Level up: 38% Level up: 38%

Kugyince

Yince
Doogie
Arnie
Arnafalo
Jerry
Cecil
Milton

Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #14
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

jim5cents

Pegleg - I broke my leg tripping over a handicapped ramp on the first day of freshman orientation at college.

Grundel - if you figure out what that it, you will know it is not a complimentary name.

my name is james, but i get called every name similar to that, jim, jimmy, jim-james, jimbo, jimbo jones, etc.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #15
Forum lurker
15,575 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Tails

Urban dictionary ftw?

Old 03-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #16
5,572 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52 Points: 45,976, Level: 52
Level up: 41%
Level up: 41%, 1,074 Points needed Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

DrunkN

Mops.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #17
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

TrakMastaTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanc24 View Post
I used to get JT the Bigga Figga
HAHAHA. Awesome.

People call me TMT. Surprise.

Sometimes Tom Tom. There was a point in my life when people called me Dopey.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:16 AM   #18
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29 Points: 13,436, Level: 29
Level up: 99%
Level up: 99%, 14 Points needed Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

StarfoxFan2009

I have several nicknames. They (unfortunately for me anyways)are:
Kung Fu Panda
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man
Jeffy (i hate this one more than any of the others)
Captain Chicken (long story)
Stay Puft Marshmallow Kung Fu Panda

the list goes on and on and on...
Old 03-28-2010, 04:22 AM   #19
Kuma Shock
2,253 posts
Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 36,698, Level: 46 Points: 36,698, Level: 46 Points: 36,698, Level: 46
Level up: 84%
Level up: 84%, 252 Points needed Level up: 84% Level up: 84%

Wolf

one of my nicknames is shoeless warrior I finish a race in cross country with one shoe on
Old 03-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #20
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 19 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

fenrir1887

I have quite a few myself that might sound weird. I usually get called Tri-Colored Spotted Werewolf and Spot mostly. Then I still have one from a long time. I still get called Free Willy after that silly movie.