View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #20
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

Re: Chinese FPS game targets American Soldiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
Didn't another game recently do something with Nazi's causing Germany to ban that mission? Might've gotten the countries wrong but I remember it. Either way I don't care about it, I mean if that's the only way they can claim victory, let them.
I believe the game was Return to Castle Wolfenstein for the PS2 {and probably more}, and even though you play against Nazi Germany, it was still banned for sale in Germany.
It's like someone said:
'No games with Nazis in them for Germany at all.'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ3jKww8qzM"]YouTube - ‪Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PS2) - 1-5 (Burial Chamber)‬‏[/ame]

Maybe that wasn't the one you were talking about but that's the ludicrous situation I remember.
I'm pretty sure most Germans wouldn't be insulted by that game scenario, but someone was kind enough to make darn sure they didn't come into contact with anything resembling Nazism, even in a game, for their own good.

So even if Germans want to play it {and why not?} they can't.
{although I suppose if you really wanted to you could order the game from somewhere else}

How would you Americans feel if you were banned from playing this new Chinese game where you play against U.S. forces? - just curious.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.