View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

Chinese FPS game targets American Soldiers

I've seen this situation once already in a game I have called Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for the Playstation 2.
You play alternatively as both sides of an ongoing conflict between U.S./E.U. forces and the Chinese Army.
What's interesting about that game is how the cutscenes are like newscasts on the events and battles that you just played in the previous level, as seen from the opposing side's point of view.
That's one thing I really like about that game - it tells it just like it is about biased media reporting, and in particular U.S. media.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npusk4yNBK8"]YouTube - ‪Battlefield 2 Mission 4 (Part 2) (PS2)‬‏[/ame]

But here we have a new game from China where the 'bad guys' are the U.S. forces - and the youtube comments are as follows:

{video description}:
Quote:
Glorious Mission - 光荣使命, PLA made video game like America's Army game developed by the US Army. Instead of hunting down terrorist, you fight American soldiers.

Doesn't look like its going to be commercialized, just for training purposes
Training purposes?
Is the person who posted this trying to tell us something?

and here's the top two comments:
Quote:
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this, it's no different than the games we have in America where we kill asians and russians and arabs and everyone else.
Quote:
As a Russian, I see nothing wrong with this. You guys constantly make games killing us, and you don't see us outraging. Hell, we play it too! Do you see how this feels, finally? I'm just glad someone had the guts to do this. The 'It's just a game' phrase doesn't seem to reassuring anymore, does it?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLY7GyxDmR4"]YouTube - PLA First Person Shooter: Glorious Mission - ?[/ame]

Gamers Target U.S. Troops in Chinese Military ‘Shooter’ | Danger Room | Wired.com
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.