View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 11:10 PM   #2
Donor
Administrator
12,316 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 65
Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65 Points: 151,608, Level: 65
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 29,342 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Kong

Re: The Update sounds cool... but...

This question is in reference to the new donation goal that I recently posted to the top of every page.

1. yes. There will be new games and new systems. Mostly along the lines of Intellivision and old DOS games and more Arcade games.
2. no. This is the first step towards PS1 and Sega CD. They do work in current beta but it will be years before they can make it to the site. Old DOS and computer games will be added but nothing even remotely close to Fallout and Call of Duty.
3. no. There will be no changes to N64.

The biggest change will be a complete replacement of the ArcadeOX software which is becoming urgent since it is buggy and doesn't work with the newest FireFox, MS Edge (the replacement for IE), Chrome, Mac, Linux and Phones. The way we do things is becoming obsolete and needs to be replaced soon. I have a working replacement but it means redoing the whole site which is why I set the current donation goal.

Also...
There will be big improvements to some existing systems, namely SNES, GBA, Jaguar, 32x and Coin-Op but no changes to most other existing systems.

Many improvements to score mode.

It will pave the way for Linux, Mac and phone support in the future. They will not be supported right away but this update will bring us much closer to them.

It will also bring us closer to PS1 and Sega CD level of systems but they are still distant future.

I will provide more specifics in the coming weeks.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote