View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #12
Donor
247 posts
kiwinavega is in the starting lineupkiwinavega is in the starting lineupkiwinavega is in the starting lineupkiwinavega is in the starting lineupkiwinavega is in the starting lineup
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,381, Level: 20 Points: 5,381, Level: 20 Points: 5,381, Level: 20
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 369 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kiwinavega

Re: Friendly Match - Mexico VS England

I'm in England and it wasn't a great performance by the England team. The back four looked disorganised (although both keepers did well). Mexico looked pretty good in patches and but for Rob Green (England keeper in the first half) making two excellent saves from Carlos Vela the result could have been very different.

As far as indications for the World Cup go, it's difficult to learn too much. Both managers wanted to have a look at different systems and different personnel. I'd expect Endland's team against the USA in their first game in the World Cup to have a different look about them. For Mexico, I think they have some good players and have a good chance of qualifying from their group. France aren't the force they were but are dangerous and Uruguay are mediocre at best. South Africa are a bit of an unknown quantity, home nations tend to at least get out of the group stages (even if they sometimes need some refereeing assistance... ahem).