Thread: ER Visit
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #14
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

RU Joe

Re: ER Visit

Hi JLD, I am getting on there myself, being one of the older people here, and I 'feel your pain' as it were.

In my experience, construction and other physically demanding jobs should be left to younger men.
This is why the Journeymen have Apprentices; other than the obvious training of the younger man in the field he is there to do the grunt work.
Tell those youngsters to get off the i phone and get busy!
{joking}

SERIOUSLY, there comes a time in some peoples' lives when they must pull over into the 'slow lane' and take it easy from then on.
I am in that situation myself, as are most of the people I know.

It is a blow to ones' pride, especially if you had been active most of the time beforehand and must decrease your personal activity as a result of arising conditions.
No fun, and it tends to make one feel really old all of a sudden.

But there is no shame in it, and just because your mobility is decreased doesn't mean you have lost any value as a person.

I sincerely hope surgery can be avoided in your case and I wish you better health in any event.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.