Retro Uprising

Retro Uprising (http://www.retrouprising.com/forum.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.retrouprising.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Amazing site!!! (http://www.retrouprising.com/showthread.php?t=15487)

JPE 01-07-2014 06:34 AM

Amazing site!!!

Thanks for this great site.

What makes a difference here is that you can actually redefine the keys in games. Most JAVA-based arcade sites are useless just because of that option is missing.

I'm an old school guy (42 years old) and wasted my youth with Atari arcade machines. Looking forward to compete in various games. BattleZone 220K is doable after a little bit of practice and that Space Duel high score has to be improved tonight. ;)

Cheers... and game on!

PS: Only question: Is it possible to use mouse ingame? Games like Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Quantum and Marble Madness definitely require that. I couldn't get it working.

bearhawk72 01-07-2014 08:13 AM

Re: Amazing site!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPE (Post 267824)
Thanks for this great site.

What makes a difference here is that you can actually redefine the keys in games. Most JAVA-based arcade sites are useless just because of that option is missing.

I'm an old school guy (42 years old) and wasted my youth with Atari arcade machines. Looking forward to compete in various games. BattleZone 220K is doable after a little bit of practice and that Space Duel high score has to be improved tonight. ;)

Cheers... and game on!

PS: Only question: Is it possible to use mouse ingame? Games like Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Quantum and Marble Madness definitely require that. I couldn't get it working.

I know you can use the mouse for light gun games, I don't know about those.

In score mode, when the game loads hold shift and hit f5 to toggle mouse support on.

JPE 01-07-2014 08:33 AM

Thanks. Worked like a charm.

Slime Slayer 01-07-2014 01:52 PM

Welcome to the site.

CrispyChicken 01-07-2014 02:05 PM

Welcome the Retro Uprising! :D If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Barra 01-07-2014 04:55 PM

Welcome to the site!!

T to the C 01-07-2014 08:05 PM

Wuzup J.P.E. and Welcome to R.U.!

No Doubt!!

RU Kitty 01-08-2014 12:28 AM

Welcome to RU, the best place 2 B!!
~RU Kitty~

RU Joe 01-08-2014 01:38 AM

Hi JPE, and welcome to RetroUprising, the best site on the net!

Quote:

I'm an old school guy (42 years old)
Old?
Not by my standards.

Quote:

and wasted my youth with Atari arcade machines.
Then that must make RU the largest collection of retro Gamers with 'wasted' youths anywhere, ever.
Personally I was drawn like a magnet to a flame when it came to Coin-Op games.

Spend ALL the quarters!

http://www.retrouprising.com/img/2014_01/3148.png

ARedLetterDay 01-08-2014 02:32 AM

Admittedly, the only arcade games I really wasted quarters on were Raiden, Joe & Mac, and any number of Street Fighter games. Sometimes King of Fighters if a laundry mat ever had it.

Also, welcome JPE! Hope you enjoy your stay here, now Dudebro won't be so lonely.

JPE 01-08-2014 07:49 AM

I always wanted to find this kind of real gamers' site. Like I said, those JAVA-sites are very disappointing because the lack of controller options. I also love the fact that most games have very good high scores... lots of great players here I see.

I thought I had great scores in Bomb Jack, Mr.Do's Castle, Congo Bongo and Bal Cube until I saw the high score lists here. Damn.

I'll put some Rush, Boston, AC/DC and Journey playing in the background and it'll feel like the 80's again. :D

PS: One thing that could be nice... possibility to comment each game in the database in their own thread. Maybe it could create some cool discussions about tips, scores and anything related to that particular game. Just an idea.

PS2: Everything else seems to be stored in the game settings just great... except the slider options. I use beam 2.0 in all vector games (try it, it'll make them more playable) but that has to be set every time again. It's no big deal though.

bearhawk72 01-08-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPE (Post 267907)
I always wanted to find this kind of real gamers' site. Like I said, those JAVA-sites are very disappointing because the lack of controller options. I also love the fact that most games have very good high scores... lots of great players here I see.

I thought I had great scores in Bomb Jack, Mr.Do's Castle, Congo Bongo and Bal Cube until I saw the high score lists here. Damn.

I'll put some Rush, Boston, AC/DC and Journey playing in the background and it'll feel like the 80's again. :D

PS: One thing that could be nice... possibility to comment each game in the database in their own thread. Maybe it could create some cool discussions about tips, scores and anything related to that particular game. Just an idea.

PS2: Everything else seems to be stored in the game settings just great... except the slider options. I use beam 2.0 in all vector games (try it, it'll make them more playable) but that has to be set every time again. It's no big deal though.

Tips - Retro Uprising

Not every game has one, but there are some really good ones in there.

Dudebro 01-08-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay (Post 267905)
now Dudebro won't be so lonely.

Pfft, I sometimes long for the days when I was lonely things were much simpler.

Welcome JPE.

elrod21 01-08-2014 10:36 PM

Welcome JPE! This site is definitely great for reliving the glory days and some friendly competition if you are so inclined. ;)