Retro Uprising

Retro Uprising (http://www.retrouprising.com/forum.php)
-   Help (http://www.retrouprising.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Is this youtube or is it just me? (http://www.retrouprising.com/showthread.php?t=9889)

yoshi_star10 06-27-2010 12:26 AM

Is this youtube or is it just me?

Litterally about 5 mins ago youtube did this THING on me, i dont have a picture but its all wierd and it looks messed up, its not the way it normally is, i cant explain it any better sorry. did anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Slime Slayer 06-27-2010 03:41 AM

Re: Is this youtube or is it just me?

Didn't see anything weird myself.

Dudebro 06-27-2010 04:14 AM

It seemed to be working fine the few times I used it tonight. Your description is very vague so it's hard to say what happened but it was probably nothing.

Demon-Mask 06-27-2010 12:57 PM

Every now and then my flash plugin will crash when multiple videos are embedded on the same page, and I try and run one. I get some message that says "The flash plugin has crashed, sorry."
It even has a little sad face. There are diagonal stripes of gray, and another variant of gray. Is this what's happening to you?
It doesn't bug me much, I don't watch many embedded videos, if I see one embedded it has become second nature for me to click the title of a video and just go watch it on youtube, so this doesn't happen.

yoshi_star10 06-27-2010 02:40 PM

here:
( Click to show/hide )
kinda big pic, this isnt normal right im guessing its just me if u guys are normal. its still doin it now

Demon-Mask 06-27-2010 02:50 PM

I don't think that's normal.

yoshi_star10 06-27-2010 03:02 PM

me neither, i was watching vids and it was fine, all of a sudden that happened after i went to watch a different one

Slime Slayer 06-27-2010 03:23 PM

I get that sometimes when a page loads really slowly, it only loads the bare bones and none of the graphics.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Is there a chance your going to the mobile version of the site? Some sites offer a mobile version that are boiled down versions of the site, for cell phones and blackberries and stuff.

yoshi_star10 06-27-2010 03:32 PM

i dont think i am, when i go to the main page its fine, if i view a video on the posters page, its fine there to, its only if i am viewing a video like after i search and pick what i want to watch, how i normally would

nikegirl2012 06-27-2010 06:40 PM

It seems like it displayed the web page without the css part. Just in case, css it what gives a web page its design part, as in how it should look to make it pretty. It happens to me sometimes, but I have a slow connection. If you have firefox, you can go to view, page style and if you choose no style you can see what any web page looks without css. You can change it back choosing basic style. This is done so that a page looks one way on your computer but another on your cellphone without having to have a web page for one and a web page for another one. Also different browsers interpret differently the css part, so sometimes one web page will look differently in another browser (slightly different, as in the columns won't be the same length or a button will look out of place) Hope that helped.

Kong 06-28-2010 02:21 AM

Push Control + F5 on the Youtube page.

RU Joe 06-28-2010 06:06 AM

Ok so I was watching a video and the first part played normally, but when the second part loaded, the bottom 1/ 10th of the screen froze.
{about the same size as the popup ads which usually appear at the bottom}

The rest of the screen played normally except for the frozen part.
I saw this happen once before, a couple of days ago.

yoshi_star10 06-28-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kong (Post 132255)
Push Control + F5 on the Youtube page.

that... worked, thank you kong. what does that do(what does it change)?
the same thing nike was talking about i assume?

Kong 06-28-2010 03:01 PM

F5 refreshes the page. Control + F5 refreshes the page and bypasses your temp files making you get a new copy. Like Nike said, you had a bad copy of the css in your temp files. Probably caused by an interruption in the internet connection on your end, their end, or in between, when you were loading the page.