Retro Uprising

Retro Uprising (http://www.retrouprising.com/forum.php)
-   Help (http://www.retrouprising.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Windos 7 toshiba help (http://www.retrouprising.com/showthread.php?t=9890)

yoshi_star10 06-27-2010 03:20 PM

Windos 7 toshiba help

Okay im really starting to get annoyed with this computer of mine. It's a windows 7 toshiba laptop. every time i start it up, after about oh say 7-10 minutes, a little window pops up saying " toshiba service station has stopped working" it asks me to close it out. First of all i have no idea what this is and second, its annoying me because it happens everytime my laptop starts up. we went to geek squad a while after i got it and when they started up my computor it never appeared. Would anyone happen to know what i can do to stop it from happening?

Dudebro 06-27-2010 08:03 PM

Re: Windos 7 toshiba help

Quote:

toshiba service station
Try searching for that or something similar and load it up(not sure where the search feature is on Windows 7 though). If it has an option to disable notifications do it. Since you don't know what it is or if you need it I don't suggest just deleting it.

Demon-Mask 06-27-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudebro (Post 132202)
Since you don't know what it is or if you need it I don't suggest just deleting it.

I did that with something called "Symantec Services Framework", word of advice, don't delete anything you don't know. It turns out Norton needs this and I unknowingly went without an antivirus for over a month. Got some virus called Trojan.Nebuler, I didn't know about it until I deleted Norton and reinstalled it with the part. Norton killed the virus and all is well.

Just don't do anything about it, except disable notifications for it.

Kong 06-28-2010 02:44 AM

It is supposed to tell you when there is a new updated driver from Toshiba.
You should be able to go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. And remove it.
Also you should be able to email/call Toshiba and get free support for it. If you have Windows 7 you should still be under warranty.

yoshi_star10 06-28-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudebro (Post 132202)
Try searching for that or something similar and load it up(not sure where the search feature is on Windows 7 though). If it has an option to disable notifications do it. Since you don't know what it is or if you need it I don't suggest just deleting it.

i did what kong said to find it, i cant load it up from there it gives me the same "stopped working" message i dont think i can get rid of the message.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kong (Post 132256)
It is supposed to tell you when there is a new updated driver from Toshiba.
You should be able to go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. And remove it.
Also you should be able to email/call Toshiba and get free support for it. If you have Windows 7 you should still be under warranty.

i suppose i could try to e-mail, seems like the best idea. Cant believe i didnt think of even trying that...