Retro Uprising

Retro Uprising (http://www.retrouprising.com/forum.php)
-   Retro Uprising Support (http://www.retrouprising.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   ArcadeOX Full Mode Stopped Working For Me (http://www.retrouprising.com/showthread.php?t=14323)

Uhrmacher 11-18-2012 01:35 AM

ArcadeOX Full Mode Stopped Working For Me

Bah, I didn't catch the error in the title fast enough. This is only for NES games. I can run it just fine with, for example, SNES games. Sorry!

Hi. Just in the past couple of days, I'm getting an error whenever I try to load ArcadeOX Full Mode for any NES game. I've tried both Super Mario Bros. 3 and Faxanadu and I get the same error. All the other modes work fine.

1. Are you interested in using TeamViewer (more info below)? I would prefer not to use it, but I will if it solves the problem. The problem is me being available to do that in the next couple days.
  2. What is your OS? Example Vista, XP, Mac OSX, etc. Windows 7
  3. What is your browser? Example Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7, etc. Firefox 16.0.2, but the error is still there when I try IE.
  4. Post a link to one game you are having problems with. http://www.retrouprising.com/game-menu/game/4000/
  5. What Play Mode is causing the problem? Example ArcadeOX Score, Java Full, etc. NES ArcadeOX Full Mode
  6. Has it ever worked correctly before? Yes, it worked just fine until a couple days ago. As far as I know, nothing on my computer changed. I am a pretty good ways into Faxanadu, in Full Mode.
  7. Describe the problem. The error that pops up every time I try and load NES ArcadeOX Full Mode is: "DirectInput8Create() failed! Exiting application."
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

---------- Post added 11-18-2012 at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-16-2012 at 01:08 PM ----------

Just randomly started working for me again. Again, no change on my computer as far as I know. Both Faxanadu and Super Mario Bros 3 work perfectly. Wierd.

Uhrmacher 11-18-2012 12:45 PM

Re: ArcadeOX Full Mode Stopped Working For Me

I did everything that you said to do and nothing changed. I disabled Avast! and still got the error, and I checked my version of Direct X and it says that I have version 11 (not 8 ).

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

The error is back again. I don't know why it's only happening some of the time.

Kong 11-18-2012 02:39 PM

Are you using a controller?

Are you using JoyToKey or anything similar?

Uhrmacher 11-18-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kong (Post 240730)
Are you using a controller?

Are you using JoyToKey or anything similar?

Nope. Just the keyboard.

Ryu 06-23-2013 07:47 AM

Surprised this issue hasn't been replied to since November. I'm getting this error as well.

Are you interested in using TeamViewer (more info below)?
No thanks

What is your OS? Example Vista, XP, Mac OSX, etc.
Windows 7

What is your browser? Example Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7, etc.
Tried Firefox and Google Chrome(v27)

Post a link to one game you are having problems with.
Any?

What Play Mode is causing the problem? Example ArcadeOX Score, Java Full, etc.
I've tried pretty much every ArcadeOX mode and every type of platform. Java works, but ArcadeOX doesn't, which limits the amount of games.

Has it ever worked correctly before?
Nope, the first time I've tried this website was today.

Describe the problem.
Same problem described above.

Uhrmacher 06-23-2013 11:40 AM

Yeah, I'm still having this problem. No one responded so I figured it was either being worked on or no one knew any solutions.

I actually bought a Microsoft Surface Pro and it is having the exact same issues as the PC I described in the OP.

Hrm, I realize now that I could have been a bit more specific in the answers to the questions in the OP. I will answer them again...it's been awhile anyways.

1) Are you interested in using TeamViewer (more info below)?
Sure, why not. Name a time and I'll see if I can swing it.

2) What is your OS?
This happens on Windows 7 and Windows 8. No differences.

3) What is your browser?
This happens on Internet Explorer 10 and Firefox 21. No differences.

4) Post a link to one game you are having trouble with:
Super Mario Bros 3 - Nintendo Entertainment System Keep in mind it happens with all NES, Sega, and N64 games.
http://www.retrouprising.com/game-menu/game/11707/
http://www.retrouprising.com/game-menu/game/3679/
http://www.retrouprising.com/game-menu/game/125/
http://www.retrouprising.com/game-menu/game/7617/
http://www.retrouprising.com/game-menu/game/3706/
http://www.retrouprising.com/game-menu/game/10448/ Yes, I clicked on a random game. =p. Anyways, I'm not sure if Amiga is Sega or not. It's on the Sega row, so I included it.

5) What Play Mode is causing the problem? Example ArcadeOX Score, Java Full, etc.
ArcadeOX Full Mode and ArcadeOX Score Mode. Not real sure why I said that the Java modes don't work. They must not have at that point.

6) Has it ever worked correctly before?
Yes, I seemed to have random bursts where it would work fine, but that hasn't been for a long time. I actually completed Faxanadu. Sorry that I can't be more specific. I have no idea why it randomly works.

7) Describe the problem:
The NES error: "DirectInput8Create() failed! Exiting application."
The N64 Mupen64Plus error: "Could not create DirectInput Object for whatever reason."
The N64 1964 error: "Error. Game did not load."
The Sega SMX error: "DirectInput Init Error #1. DirectX 7.0 or higher required."
The Sega 32X error: Same as above.
The Genesis error: Same as above.
The Game Gear error: Same as above.
The Amiga error: "Failed to initialize DirectInput"

Some additional things:
I have DirectX 11 on my tablet and on my PC.
I have no gamepads or JoyToKey or anything like this on my tablet or on my PC.
Disabling my antivirus programs does nothing.
If I go out and download emulators and ROMS, they work fine. It's when I try and run them on this site that they don't.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Oh, one last kinda important thing. Everything works great on my Dad's computer at work. The only difference I can see between that computer and mine is that my Dad's has an integrated video card instead of something like a NVIDIA or an ATI. I beat Battle Kid on my Dad's computer (with save states, mind you...I'm not that much of a masochist).

Uhrmacher 06-23-2013 11:06 PM

x/

Out of all possible...

I closed Steam and everything works great. Strange lol

Thanks!

Tails 06-24-2013 11:08 PM

Alexgunslinger/Brawl

http://www.retrouprising.com/support...ler-ru/t15014/

Ryu 06-25-2013 07:39 AM

Such a simple issue causing such a big problem. It worked for me as well, thanks!

sy6655321 09-25-2013 05:14 PM

1. Are you interested in using TeamViewer (more info below)? no
  2. What is your OS? Example Vista, XP, Mac OSX, etc. Windows 7
  3. What is your browser? Example Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7, etc. internet explorer 7
  4. Post a link to one game you are having problems with. Spider Man - Sega Genesis
  5. What Play Mode is causing the problem? Example ArcadeOX Score, Java Full, etc. genesis ArcadeOX full mode
  6. Has it ever worked correctly before? yes
  7. Describe the problem. the arcadeox full mode has stopped working on multiple genesis games for me, it gives an ERROR: GAME DID NOT LOAD message. any advice?

Barra 09-25-2013 10:57 PM

Restarting browser and/or computer usually works for me otherwise clearing the cache
Let us know how you get on

joz 09-26-2013 10:24 AM

Have you tried out the recommendations from above? I got that error too not long ago and found it was my antivirus that was blocking arcadeox.

sy6655321 09-26-2013 12:58 PM

I'm having a hard time finding ArcadeOX on my computer, so I can't let it through my firewall. maybe I need to re-download it???

Kong 09-26-2013 08:16 PM

Try both ArcadeOX Full and ArcadeOX Score Modes in both of these games.

Let me know which works and doesn't work.
Aladdin - Super Nintendo
SNES Full works?
SNES Score works?

Aladdin - Sega Master System
SMS Full works?
SMS Score works?

Slime Slayer 09-26-2013 11:47 PM

I finally figured out why it was not working for me on my new pc. Turns out that if I have a Chrome browser open, it wont work in IE, closing Chrome makes it work fine.

sy6655321 10-02-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kong (Post 261506)
Try both ArcadeOX Full and ArcadeOX Score Modes in both of these games.

Let me know which works and doesn't work.
Aladdin - Super Nintendo
SNES Full works?
SNES Score works?

Aladdin - Sega Master System
SMS Full works?
SMS Score works?

none of them are working at all.

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-27-2013 at 12:47 AM ----------

any suggestions???

Iwantmysegaback 10-02-2013 06:24 PM

I just got the same message too. Can't Get games to load in arcadeox mode. have been coming here for a while. No resent changes to comp.

joz 10-02-2013 06:27 PM

You two are going to be asked to please answer the following questions.

1. Are you interested in using TeamViewer (more info below)?
  2. What is your OS? Example Vista, XP, Mac OSX, etc.
  3. What is your browser? Example Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7, etc.
  4. Post a link to one game you are having problems with.
  5. What Play Mode is causing the problem? Example ArcadeOX Score, Java Full, etc.
  6. Has it ever worked correctly before?
  7. Describe the problem

Iwantmysegaback 10-02-2013 06:34 PM

1 no not really.
2 Windows 7
3 Firefox 24(newest version)
4 Two Tigers - Arcade/Coin-Op
5 ArcadeOX regular and score
6 yes worked for last few years
7 after a min of waiting i get " ArcadeOX appears to be busy or is not responding" and then in crashes

ChazMcNick 10-22-2013 08:00 PM

I started having the same issue just with NES on Arcade OX Full Mode. the error I Get is " One or More joystick ID's were not recognized. Do You want to remap the effected keys" wither I click yes or no the game window disappears but the audio still plays. I do have a usb gamepad but the error pops up wither its plugged in or not. Im running IE 10.

thanks

CrispyChicken 10-22-2013 08:08 PM

Read This Before Asking for Support