Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 04-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

+1 (+1/-0)     
Your Greatest Video Game Deal

Here we shall recount the best valued purchases we got for video games.

Don't think of this thread as getting the most valuable items for the cheapest price, but rather, think of it as getting the most personally valued games at the greatest deals.

This one is easy for me.
( Click to show/hide )

I had a lot of good times with this title. Easily the best $1.25 I ever spent on a video game.

Comments

Dope!!!!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Re: Your Greatest Video Game Deal

I picked up Elite Beat Agents for $2.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

I got Prototype 2 for 5 bucks at best buy recently, that was totally worth it. It's fun to play and the story is pretty good.

I also got a bunch of games when gamestop was discontinuing them. Stuff like Startropics and other notable retro games. I wish I bought more now no one sells them offline.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,745 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Does free count because I got a lot of great games that way

If not probably Shining Force, brand new, for $5 because it wasn't selling.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,551, Level: 60 Points: 66,551, Level: 60 Points: 66,551, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,899 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

Traded a GBC and 6 games for a modded PS and about 600 games
Old 04-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23
Level up: 37%, 509 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Prototype 2 . . . story is pretty good.
wut

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 04-14-2013, 01:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Traded a GBC and 6 games for a modded PS and about 600 games
How drunk was the other guy?

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 04-14-2013, 01:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
How drunk was the other guy?
It was Fungusman, it wasn't really that bad a deal at the time, the GBC was a hot commodity, and the PS games were all burned... so the games really had no value so to speak. A great deal for sure, but not quite as one sided as it sounds on paper today.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Yeah but did the PS games work?

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 04-14-2013, 02:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Yeah but did the PS games work?
Indeed they did, the vast majority anyway.
Actually, a horrible thing happened to them, I had the bulk of them all stacked on a few of those spindle things, and my wife's body hair remover wax stuff was on a table above the stack. Well the container somehow got knocked over and opened up a bit, and the wax goo stuff poured down the side of the stack, and like seeping between all the disks and stuff, I didn't notice until a day or 2 later after the wax was solidified, no 2 cd's could be pulled apart without destroying both of them lol.

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 04-14-2013 at 02:07 AM..
Old 04-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay View Post
wut
I can also enjoy the story in an action movie if it's interesting enough. Have you played the prototype games?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
78 posts
TheChampIsHere has been properly raised to the rank of averageTheChampIsHere has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 4
Points: 316, Level: 4 Points: 316, Level: 4 Points: 316, Level: 4
Level up: 11%
Level up: 11%, 134 Points needed Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Mine would be getting FFVII-IX fully boxed in great condition original version not the platinum from a boot sale for £1 each
Old 05-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
25 posts
BannedMonkeyMan has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 2
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 33 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%

I don't pay for games.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticMonkeyMan View Post
I don't pay for games.
Not once?
Old 05-07-2013, 02:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
25 posts
BannedMonkeyMan has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 2
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 33 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%

It's been so long that I couldn't even tell you the last game I bought. If I remember right it would have to be a PS2 game and I couldn't tell you what one.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
The Infinite Spark
1,081 posts
warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28
Level up: 77%
Level up: 77%, 210 Points needed Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

I bought a SNES with 20 or 25 games for $100. Crazy right? It was the 90's a lot of you might not really remember those ancient primitive days of gaming but anything went back then.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
View Stats

A few more deals:

-Playstation 4 player adapter for 25 cents at Salvation Army, it got daily use throughout college.
-A Genesis, 32X, 6 games and an Activator (lulz) for 50 bucks, not an amazing deal but pretty sweet.
-When my buddy upgraded to a NES he let me and another friend take turns picking games out of his 2600 collection, got about 25 games free if I recall correctly.
-Disgaea DS for 8 bucks
Old 05-07-2013, 04:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23
Level up: 37%, 509 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

Quote:
I can also enjoy the story in an action movie if it's interesting enough. Have you played the prototype games?
I have and they're pretty poor. Filled with a multitude of cliches and a whiny protagonist in the first game and an even whinier protagonist in the second. I realize that Prototype came out shortly after inFamous did but as a whole inFamous is the much better game overall in terms of design and story wise. Gameplay wise it was roughly about the same but I just felt Prototype was what a teenager who was going through the angst phase of his life would create.

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

You're obviously over thinking it. The games aren't meant to be game of thrones, it's more like a chuck norris movie.

I just got a second copy of mass effect 3 for 3.50. It wasn't for me so I was trying to spend as little as possible. I brought two games to trade in because their 30% towards used games when trading in deal and one covered most of the cost. SSBB got me about 15 bucks, which blew my mind, and Universe at War was only worth 75cents so I just kept it.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
View Stats

Quote:
It wasn't for me so I was trying to spend as little as possible.
The man is all heart. /jk
Old 05-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Donor
997 posts
D.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,071, Level: 38 Points: 23,071, Level: 38 Points: 23,071, Level: 38
Level up: 32%
Level up: 32%, 1,579 Points needed Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

I wanted a stand up Asteroids arcade game and was searching the web to find one. After months of searching, I finally found one for $400. Not especially a sweet deal but when you consider that the game I found was less than 5 minutes from my house and the person I purchased the machine from is an expert in fixing these old games so it's in perfect shape, I think it was a great deal. Shipping on these games can cost more than the games themselves. Even having to drive a hundred miles or so adds a bunch to the cost so you can imagine how lucky I felt when I found out just how close this game was.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
The man is all heart. /jk
Well it was to replace my copy that my friend borrowed and I'll probably never see again. So technically the 2nd was for me to play online with him. Worth it for that price either way. It's a great game everyone should try it if they can.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 10,935, Level: 27 Points: 10,935, Level: 27 Points: 10,935, Level: 27
Level up: 32%
Level up: 32%, 615 Points needed Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

i traded a blown engine for a ps3 2 controllers and the new mortal kombat