Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 2500 USD, Received: 940 USD (38%)
Donate Now
Retro Uprising is supported 100% by donations from users like you! We have zero ads and no membership fees.
Please help us stay free and growing.
All donations are used to improve the site. Current projects: adding GBA and N64 games and improving the emulators used to submit scores.
List of Donors Thank you.

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 10-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,156 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 104,986, Level: 62 Points: 104,986, Level: 62 Points: 104,986, Level: 62
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 5,764 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Activity: 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

X-Arcade joystick sale this weekend

Xgaming: X-Arcade Indestructible Arcade Gaming For Your Home

$50 off this weekend

They are pretty good arcade like controls. They work with RU, MAME and probably any other PC game.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,626 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 96,982, Level: 62 Points: 96,982, Level: 62 Points: 96,982, Level: 62
Level up: 32%
Level up: 32%, 13,768 Points needed Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Activity: 31%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%

Re: X-Arcade joystick sale this weekend

That's too much even on sale.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
6,748 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,086, Level: 44 Points: 33,086, Level: 44 Points: 33,086, Level: 44
Level up: 43%
Level up: 43%, 864 Points needed Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I didn't read it, but I'm very interested on getting this for myself as a Christmas gift. How much is it at regular price?

Nevermind I clicked on a link and saw it's 150 regular price. Only for this weekend really? That sucks. I don't get paid till the first of the month.

Last edited by joz; 10-29-2011 at 02:36 AM..
Old 10-29-2011, 02:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,089 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 96,239, Level: 62 Points: 96,239, Level: 62 Points: 96,239, Level: 62
Level up: 29%
Level up: 29%, 14,511 Points needed Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Activity: 70%
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

I would never pay more than 50 bucks for a controller but I can see this being appealing for some people.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
6,748 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I would never pay more than 50 bucks for a controller but I can see this being appealing for some people.
Would you be willing to "spot" more than 50 bucks for a controller that a buddy of yours would like to buy?
Old 10-29-2011, 03:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
3,740 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,425, Level: 27 Points: 11,425, Level: 27 Points: 11,425, Level: 27
Level up: 87%
Level up: 87%, 125 Points needed Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

It is worth it. I own one and it really makes a difference in game play especially in coin-ops.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
1,770 posts
Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,443, Level: 49 Points: 40,443, Level: 49 Points: 40,443, Level: 49
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 1,407 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 90%
Activity: 90% Activity: 90% Activity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrod21 View Post
It is worth it. I own one and it really makes a difference in game play especially in coin-ops.
ditto - you get what you pay for. Mine still plays like it's brand new.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
6,748 posts
View Stats

So do you guys think I would actually be able to play better with this thing?
Old 10-29-2011, 03:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
3,740 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I think not only would you play better, you would find your frustration level go down when the Keyboard mucks up like they tend to do sometimes.

Ask yourself this question, if you were playing games you do here in the arcade with arcade controls do you think you would play better. If you answer yes, then this stick is for you.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
1,770 posts
Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
So do you guys think I would actually be able to play better with this thing?
Considering how good you are with a keyboard? - errrrrrrrrrrr....Leave well alone Jozzer.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
6,748 posts
View Stats

Add to wish list.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,156 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 104,986, Level: 62 Points: 104,986, Level: 62 Points: 104,986, Level: 62

They are really good for arcade games. For console games a regular controller might work better. Either an Xbox controller or one of these http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cP...c0ff6a323029ae

They are pretty big. Before you buy one you should think about where you are going to put it. Just setting it in your lap or on your desk might not be comfortable. It might not even be possible.

But if you like arcade games, have the space/set up, and the money then I would get one.

With this weekends sale the biggest one is $150 - normally $200. It has two arcade sticks plus a trackball for Marble Madness type games.

The regular one is $130 - no sale. It is two arcade sticks - no trackball.

And the small one is $80 - regular price $100. It is a single arcade stick.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,089 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 96,239, Level: 62 Points: 96,239, Level: 62 Points: 96,239, Level: 62
Level up: 29%
Level up: 29%, 14,511 Points needed Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Activity: 70%
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000 View Post
Would you be willing to "spot" more than 50 bucks for a controller that a buddy of yours would like to buy?
Sorry my wife might not like me sending large sums of money to sexy latino guys on the internet.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
IGBYgate 2014
Donor
Game Mod
1,966 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,668, Level: 36 Points: 20,668, Level: 36 Points: 20,668, Level: 36
Level up: 60%
Level up: 60%, 482 Points needed Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

I've been tempted to buy one in the past, and everyone I've asked has recommended them. Maybe a christmas present
Apparently they have a lifetime warranty aswell. Oh man just talking about it makes me want one more! Maybe I can score 2mil on Galaga with one of these?
Old 10-30-2011, 05:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,626 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Do you use keyboard as well Barra?

Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
IGBYgate 2014
Donor
Game Mod
1,966 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,668, Level: 36 Points: 20,668, Level: 36 Points: 20,668, Level: 36
Level up: 60%
Level up: 60%, 482 Points needed Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
Do you use keyboard as well Barra?
Sure do! Never used anything else
Old 10-30-2011, 05:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,626 posts
View Stats

Awesome.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,156 posts
View Stats

They dropped the price on the normal 2 player model that was not on sale last time. I'm not sure if this is permanent or just a sale but the new price is $99, down from $130.

@Elrod and JoJo where do you put yours? On the desk and you sit in a computer chair or do you stand up or have a cabinet or bar or what? Seems like it would take up too much space in normal desk set ups.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
1,770 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
They dropped the price on the normal 2 player model that was not on sale last time. I'm not sure if this is permanent or just a sale but the new price is $99, down from $130.

@Elrod and JoJo where do you put yours? On the desk and you sit in a computer chair or do you stand up or have a cabinet or bar or what? Seems like it would take up too much space in normal desk set ups.
I play at a table with my Tankstick (the one with trackball) sat in front of my monitor. They are huge.

I'll say three more things.

1) Best Purchase I ever made.
2)Those prices are mega low - The authorised UK dealer obviously takes a cut, even so I ended up paying nearly $400 for mine.
3) See number 1.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
3,740 posts
View Stats

My desk has a pull-out keyboard and mouse tray so mine sits on the desk in front of my monitor and I do sit in my adjustable chair.

And it is the best purchase I ever made for Retro-gaming purposes period.