Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 08-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
884 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,004, Level: 25 Points: 9,004, Level: 25 Points: 9,004, Level: 25
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 746 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jason L. Davis

World Records?

I remember when I found this site, I was Googling world records for certain games and I find that every game I was searching for led me to the score page of Retro Uprising. I do remember seeing world record holders names and scores placed on the website. Now that I have made an account here, I no longer see these names and scores, Will this be something that is fixed or soon to be updated? Just curious.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
6,654 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49 Points: 40,908, Level: 49
Level up: 45%
Level up: 45%, 942 Points needed Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Re: World Records?

If you click on "game menu" up on the top left, it will take you to all the games we have. There you will see the record holder (not always the world record holder) for each game. I haven't been on the site for a while so some things may have changed since then. Things do get worked on from time to time due to maintenance, but bringing stuff up like you did usually help if nobody else hasn't noticed it already. I hope this was useful and welcome to RU!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,067 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24
Level up: 52%
Level up: 52%, 390 Points needed Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

There was a thread about this. They were so tired of your complaining that they removed. I kid. There was some uproar and i don't quite recall the thread. I don't remember if there was concern over legitimacy of WR and if they were verified and that some didn't care to see them. So they were removed.

Don't quote me on that but the thread was somewhere. Someone will provide the link. It just won't be me!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brazil
236 posts
TRB_MetroidTeam intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.TRB_MetroidTeam intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.TRB_MetroidTeam intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.TRB_MetroidTeam intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.TRB_MetroidTeam intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.TRB_MetroidTeam intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.TRB_MetroidTeam intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 7,033, Level: 22 Points: 7,033, Level: 22 Points: 7,033, Level: 22
Level up: 73%
Level up: 73%, 217 Points needed Level up: 73% Level up: 73%

Are you talking about Kong's project "Champow"?
www.champow.com
Old 08-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64
Level up: 18%, 16,735 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

The world record score that used to be listed here was not automatically updated, was getting outdated and was causing debates. It was temporarily removed until it could be improved.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
884 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,004, Level: 25 Points: 9,004, Level: 25 Points: 9,004, Level: 25
Level up: 18%, 746 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jason L. Davis

I gotcha, I was just noticing when I first got here that some of the games I played had some world record labels on then like Castlevania an stuff like that, I think Rudy J. Feretti had some still too. Now I see all the games I play have a WR status of unknown by them.... Just curious.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Poster
4 posts
The Suicide King has been properly raised to the rank of averageThe Suicide King has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 2
Points: 156, Level: 2 Points: 156, Level: 2 Points: 156, Level: 2
Level up: 12%
Level up: 12%, 44 Points needed Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

So I stumbled on this site halfway by accident....
VGS – Video Game Scoreboard

Former TG staffers running it. Free submissions. Similar scoreboard to TG. Either it COULD potentially be competition for ChamPOW.... or it could be another source of data for the ChamPOW database. For future record attempts, I'm probably going to be submitting to both - and probably just giving up on Twin Galaxies altogether.

I also found that Guinness has created Guinness World Records Challengers which operates pretty much exactly like recordsetter.com. I guess they saw how much action Recordsetter was getting and thought they had to create some easier way to generate interaction to be able to compete. There's a growing video game component to the Challengers branch. And the bonus is that if you break a record, you get send an official Guinness certificate. (Which is pretty cool.)

I'm gonna hafta pick up a Gamer's Edition 2014 book and see what sources they're mining for records now since they dumped Twin Galaxies. Should be interesting. In the minds of the layman not into old school arcade gaming, MARP, etc... Guinness is definitely the name people associate with "world records", and I'm definitely going to try and create a line of video game challenges there to get that Guinness 'weight' behind a couple of scores.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
IGBYgate 2014
2,045 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,944, Level: 38 Points: 23,944, Level: 38 Points: 23,944, Level: 38
Level up: 70%
Level up: 70%, 706 Points needed Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Activity: 63%
Activity: 63% Activity: 63% Activity: 63%

Theres also ScoreGround and Home – Video game high scores and fast times – cyberscore.me.uk and Video Games Records - Home

I have the 2014 Gamers Edition and they thank Cyberscore, Video Games Records - Home , Twin Galaxies (the places that relate to this thread)
Old 12-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
222 posts
Ballas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Points: 8,212, Level: 24 Points: 8,212, Level: 24 Points: 8,212, Level: 24
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 638 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
Send a message via Skype™ to Ballas

Are we notified on RU if a record of our's is beaten at all?
Is there not a way that a WR for a game is also displayed somewhere?
Koos van Dyk (KVD)
aka Ballas

When someone says "STOP"
I never know if its IN THE NAME OF LOVE,
HAMMERTIME, or if I am supposed to
COLLABERATE AND LISTEN...
Old 12-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
105 posts
sonic7978 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 15
Points: 2,814, Level: 15 Points: 2,814, Level: 15 Points: 2,814, Level: 15
Level up: 22%
Level up: 22%, 236 Points needed Level up: 22% Level up: 22%

hmm world record what for?
Old 12-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
1,629 posts
Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,598, Level: 49 Points: 40,598, Level: 49 Points: 40,598, Level: 49
Level up: 27%
Level up: 27%, 1,252 Points needed Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballas View Post
You will automatically get a Private message when your score is beaten and verified.

World records were displayed up 'til not so long ago. The whole WR thing is a bit of a minefield so they were removed.

Kong can probably give a better explanation.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
222 posts
Ballas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Points: 8,212, Level: 24 Points: 8,212, Level: 24 Points: 8,212, Level: 24
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 638 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
Send a message via Skype™ to Ballas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic7978 View Post
hmm world record what for?
If you get a 1st place on a game it may show that your have 1 st position but 0 WR...
Koos van Dyk (KVD)
aka Ballas

When someone says "STOP"
I never know if its IN THE NAME OF LOVE,
HAMMERTIME, or if I am supposed to
COLLABERATE AND LISTEN...
Old 12-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
50 posts
MrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan club
View Stats
Level: 6
Points: 606, Level: 6 Points: 606, Level: 6 Points: 606, Level: 6
Level up: 6%
Level up: 6%, 94 Points needed Level up: 6% Level up: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
I have the 2014 Gamers Edition
Is that out? I knew it was due out in the US shortly, but didn't think we'd get it on this side of the world for another couple of days.

Were there any Arcade or MAME scores listed? Any chance of a scan of the pages if there was?
Old 12-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
IGBYgate 2014
2,045 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,944, Level: 38 Points: 23,944, Level: 38 Points: 23,944, Level: 38
Level up: 70%
Level up: 70%, 706 Points needed Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Activity: 63%
Activity: 63% Activity: 63% Activity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBumpNJump View Post
Is that out? I knew it was due out in the US shortly, but didn't think we'd get it on this side of the world for another couple of days.

Were there any Arcade or MAME scores listed? Any chance of a scan of the pages if there was?
Yep was very surprised to find it in store here - first time I havent had to fetch it online! And before the end of the year too!

No arcade/mame section from TG like in previous years. I am yet to have a thorough read-through, so not sure who/what is listed anywhere else. TG are mentioned in the "thanks" section so Id expect some scores from them somewhere.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
50 posts
MrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan clubMrBumpNJump deserves a fan club
View Stats
Level: 6
Points: 606, Level: 6 Points: 606, Level: 6 Points: 606, Level: 6
Level up: 6%
Level up: 6%, 94 Points needed Level up: 6% Level up: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
TG are mentioned in the "thanks" section so Id expect some scores from them somewhere.
From what I've read, Guinness was keeping existing scores (before the break up) which is surprising - since they may well end up publishing scores that aren't really world records. Of course this has always been the case, since many people never submitted to TG for one reason or another - but given TG's last 12 months - I'd suggest a hell of a lot of the scores (that if) published in the 2014 Ed. aren't accurate.

Another topic for another time, I really need to email the Guinness publishers and let them know that we are living in the year 2013... How can a 2014 edition be out?

Last edited by MrBumpNJump; 12-06-2013 at 06:58 AM..
Old 12-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
105 posts
sonic7978 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 15
Points: 2,814, Level: 15 Points: 2,814, Level: 15 Points: 2,814, Level: 15
Level up: 22%
Level up: 22%, 236 Points needed Level up: 22% Level up: 22%

thanks
Old 12-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64
Level up: 18%, 16,735 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballas View Post
Not yet. Soon. Hopefully within the next month.