Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 06-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

The world lost a great man today.

In case anyone didn't hear George Carlin died today.
I know some of you younger people may not have heard of him or think he was old school but he really was a great comedian. I didn't always laugh at his jokes but he was truly a genius when it came to pushing the limits set by our uptight society.

My favorite routine he did was "The Ten Commandments". As funny as it is it's also very true. He was great at seeing through the crap and speaking the truth.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rCz0-HY1TLU
Contains foul language and offensive(to some people) jokes.

"Honor thy mother and father, Obedience, respect for authority. Just another name for controlling people. The truth is obedience and respect should not be automatic, they should be earned. They should be based on the parents performance. Some parents deserve respect, most of them don't. Period."
Truth and it's funny.

The world lost a great man today. I haven't felt this bad since we lost Steve Irwin.
R.I.P. Mr Carlin.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Re: The world lost a great man today.

Yeah, i read about this on CO:TCG I frequently go to maybe two days ago, I heard he did something about 7 words you should never say on TV. RIP George Carlin

also Steve Irwin rocked, but plunged into his own death. (wasnt it a manta ray?)

Old 06-24-2008, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

George Carlin was a genius in every sense of the word. I had the pleasure of seing him on his last tour when he came to my town. He is a man I would have really liked to sit down and have a conversation with.

I listened to NPR all day today, they played a bunch of interviews. Dude was so smart, and so blunt.

I will certainly miss him. Rest in peace, G.C.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Donor
2,677 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,930, Level: 38 Points: 23,930, Level: 38 Points: 23,930, Level: 38
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 720 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

The most amazing thing about Carlin was the fact that he adapted to whatever was currently going on in society. His spin on current events was genius. My favorite (being a sports fan and all) was his comparison of football vs. baseball. (I don't remember any bad language in this one, but there might be)
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
also Steve Irwin rocked, but plunged into his own death. (wasnt it a manta ray?)
I'll admit the way you said that offended me. Steve Irwin was one of my favorite people and his death was a huge loss for the animals of the world.
His death was an accident. If he lived through it he would've told us how much he loved the sting ray and how it was just doing what it does naturally.

"But I would like you to grieve for the animals the animals have lost the best friend they ever had, and so have I."
Steve Irwins father.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
998 posts
count100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan club
View Stats
Level: 19
Points: 4,372, Level: 19 Points: 4,372, Level: 19 Points: 4,372, Level: 19
Level up: 31%
Level up: 31%, 278 Points needed Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Activity: 42%
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

in football v. baseball there was a little bad language, but what would it be if he left that out ;D. George was funny as all get out in everything that he did. the one thing that i remember more then anything was George in the movie jay and silent bob strike back, he was the hitchhiker who showed jay and silent bob what happens when you get picked up for a ride. he was perfect for that role even tho it was only about 2 minutes long. one of my favorite things he did tho in his stand up was the organ donor bit.. George will be missed..

Old 06-24-2008, 12:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
I'll admit the way you said that offended me. Steve Irwin was one of my favorite people and his death was a huge loss for the animals of the world.
His death was an accident. If he lived through it he would've told us how much he loved the sting ray and how it was just doing what it does naturally.

"But I would like you to grieve for the animals the animals have lost the best friend they ever had, and so have I."
Steve Irwins father.
Never ment for my post to get anyone offended, hes a good guy.

@Sabby: killer video, what he said is true.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

Carlin was also in Jersey Girl for some reason. I think maybe he just liked Kevin Smith or something, because that movie was no good. He wasn't in alot of movies, and I wouldn't have expected him to be.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 06-24-2008, 01:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
998 posts
count100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan club
View Stats

but the ones that he was in he made a impact to..
such movies like "Happily N'Ever After" as the wizard.."Cars" as Fillmore.. and for the older people (sabby) may remember these next 2 movies.. "bill and teds excellent adventure" and "bill and teds bogus journey" where he played Rufus in both movies.. all of those movies would not have been what they were without George Carlin's part in it. he just added that special touch to all of them..
Old 06-24-2008, 01:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

He was in Happily N'evar After? That's unfortunate...
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 06-24-2008, 02:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
998 posts
View Stats

he did make the movie better tho lol [br]Posted on: June 23, 2008, 11:57:27 PM_________________________________________________s orry for the double post but i forgot to add in that there had to be something special about george carlin if they picked him to be the first host ever on saturday night live..
Old 06-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

There will probably be strong language in any of the links posted in this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_carlin

I normally think caring about a famous person's death more than you do for any random stranger that you have never met is a bit strange. However...

I think this is the first time I have felt personally hurt by a famous death. I listened to his records over and over when I was a kid. He had a huge impact and was a great comedian/philosopher/genius. He was one of the larger influences of my life. Yesterday was a sad day.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
470 posts
Hobbes is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 10
Points: 1,170, Level: 10 Points: 1,170, Level: 10 Points: 1,170, Level: 10
Level up: 35%
Level up: 35%, 130 Points needed Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Send a message via MSN to Hobbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby
The most amazing thing about Carlin was the fact that he adapted to whatever was currently going on in society. His spin on current events was genius. My favorite (being a sports fan and all) was his comparison of football vs. baseball. (I don't remember any bad language in this one, but there might be)
Awesome bit there.

In baseball you want to be safe, at home!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby
Awesome bit there.

In baseball you want to be safe, at home!
Funny as it is a blog just a few hours after Sabby's post posted that same one up.

I liked how he referred to baseball as peaceful and football a warzone. ;D

Old 06-24-2008, 12:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
901 posts
Squall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan club
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,768, Level: 17 Points: 3,768, Level: 17 Points: 3,768, Level: 17
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 82 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

bill and ted's excellent adventure was an excellent movie! *air guitar solo* yeah, i feel bad for this, Rufus was amazing...
Old 06-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
248 posts
somedude21 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,356, Level: 11 Points: 1,356, Level: 11 Points: 1,356, Level: 11
Level up: 28%
Level up: 28%, 144 Points needed Level up: 28% Level up: 28%

Ok who is George Carlin?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Did you click any of the youtube links?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

believe me the name didn't ring a bell for me either, but he was ungodly in the Baseball/Football skit.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

When I went to see Carlin last winter, he said that he was practicing for an HBO special that was going to be filmed soon. Does anyone know if that got made?
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 06-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

According to Wikipedia he did air the HBO special Live. "It's bad for ya" aired on March1 2008.

Also it says that four days before his death he was nominated for the "Mark Twain prize for American humor". They'll be giving it to him posthumously(first time they've done that).
Old 06-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
According to Wikipedia he did air the HBO special Live. "It's bad for ya" aired on March1 2008.
That's the one. Great stuff.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
248 posts
View Stats

Once again, who was he?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

a comedian. check the videos..

Old 06-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Regular Poster
248 posts
View Stats

Quote:
So THIS is why teachers in school hate short/simple answers
Old 06-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude21
Quote:
So THIS is why teachers in school hate short/simple answers
Teachers also hate when people ask questions that have been answered.