Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 02-18-2010, 03:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

winter olympics

does anyone even care?

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

besides growteskerooski?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-18-2010, 03:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Donor
912 posts
Dojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,034, Level: 28 Points: 12,034, Level: 28 Points: 12,034, Level: 28
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 416 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%

Re: winter olympics

I do. Nice way to mess up the opening ceremonies Canada. No, congrats on your Gold medals.

And what do you think about airing that fatal luge crash over and over and over again?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

how did canada mess up the ceremonies? (never mind ill google it)
the fatal accident... im assuming that the footage was aired before the luger was pronounced dead, because after the announcement, the clips were being ripped down from youtube like lightning. Sucks the guy died, apparently he called his dad just before his run and said the track scared him, then told him not to worry cause "he was going to make them proud"
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Donor
912 posts
Dojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their headDojah has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,034, Level: 28 Points: 12,034, Level: 28 Points: 12,034, Level: 28
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 416 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%

They had a malfunction at the very end right before the lighting of the torch. There was supposed to be 4 pillars that rose up in which 4 people were going to light the bottom of those pillars to start to the fire stream upwards to all light the main olympic torch at once. Well only 3 came up and everyone was just standing there for like 2 minutes until they just went with it and lit the 3 pillars and left the 4th guy out to just wave at the crowd. I had a laugh but nothing to dramatic.

I did not know about them cutting film after he was pronounced. My friend looked it up yesterday and there was still some vids on it. I just bring it up because I was watching the news and they had a topic about them airing the crash and if it was a bad choice, but right after they say it they show it like 3 times, once in slow motion. It just felt very odd.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

lol, sounds like somethin outta wwe
kong on Bronies:

Old 02-18-2010, 04:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Dojah:
Quote:
airing that fatal luge crash over and over and over again?
Perhaps their intention was to give people an opportunity to see it for themselves.
I haven't seen the original footage but:

( Click to show/hide )
There is an INCREDIBLY DISTATEFUL gif circulating, which I do not think shows respect to the person who died or their family and friends, but exists nonetheless.

In it, you see the person coming down the luge run, leaving the track, and then essentially hurtling through the air and crashing into the Twin Towers, with a fiery explosion.
[in place of the plane]

THE reason I even mention this is that:

I believe the gif is a social comment about how, like 9/11, it was highly publicized and shown repeatedly on the TV despite its distasteful and shocking nature.
What shocks me is how quickly it was made and put on the net.

What happened was a tragedy none of us are likely to forget when we remember these Olympics.
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

well, i guess there's a fine line between "the public has the right to see this" and"bah! thats gratuitous"
kong on Bronies:

Old 02-18-2010, 05:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

@JG- I have to admit I laughed when I read your spoiler. I'm not a ghoul and I don't think it's in good taste but it's not that unexpected at this point. It seems like any major death gets that treatment. When Chris Benoit went crazy there was countless gifs of him(and his family) in very distasteful scenarios, several featuring the twin towers. The internet can be a heartless place, do not be surprised at the level some people go to. You should've seen the stuff they did about Steven Irwin.

@Dojah- I saw the failure and the awkward time while they decided what to do. I was laughing at the poor people who had to stand there and wait in front of millions of people. The forced smiles looked painful after a while.

As for the footage I know for a fact that they showed it after they knew he was dead. They showed it after the moment of silence but they cut out after he left the track. They still showed his bloodied body being worked on in a still shot though. Completely tasteless and I'm sure they did it for the attention.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Ok.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb7GNzzIVIo]YouTube - DON HENLEY - DIRTY LAUNDRY (HQ)[/ame]
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

I don't like that song, please explain the relevance so I don't have to listen to it.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

It's all in the lyrics which are sadly true:

I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something, something I can use
People love it when you lose, they love dirty laundry

Well, I could've been an actor, but I wound up here
I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear, give us dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em all around

We got the bubbleheaded bleach-blonde, comes on at 5
She can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation? Is the head dead yet?
You know the boys in the newsroom got a running bet
Get the widow on the set, we need dirty laundry

You don't really need to find out what's going on
You don't really want to know just how far it's gone
Just leave well enough alone, keep your dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're stiff, kick 'em all around

Dirty little secrets, dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie
Love to cut you down to size, we love dirty laundry

We can do the innuendo, we can dance and sing
When it's said and done, we haven't told you a thing
We all know that crap is king, give us dirty laundry
( Click to show/hide )

Old 02-18-2010, 05:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Would that be similar to this social commentary?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g"]YouTube - Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire[/ame]

I see your point but isn't Don Henley doing exactly what he's singing about? Seems like he's making money off the negative things people crave, it's just a different way of exploiting it.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44
Level up: 58%
Level up: 58%, 642 Points needed Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

If we don't win Gold in Hockey, I'll be really upset. The Snowboarding was already a huge letdown, We kinda got unintentionally screwed...
Old 02-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
486 posts
OldTimer is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,545, Level: 12 Points: 1,545, Level: 12 Points: 1,545, Level: 12
Level up: 9%
Level up: 9%, 455 Points needed Level up: 9% Level up: 9%

I was watching the Canadian women's hockey against Sweden. 3 goals in less than a minute. Canada men's hockey seem to be doing pretty good also.

On the same note, I love hockey and can see the difference in the Olympic compared to NHL or CHL. Obviously there are no fights and seems to be more of a 'civilized' sport. Plus we get all our Canadians back from the U.S. NHL teams.

Go Canada!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

+2 (+2/-0)     

Hey OldTimer, would you say the girls are better at hockey than the guys?
I'm betting they are.
Remember that girl that wanted to join the major league?
Am I asking enough questions all at once?

This is what coffee does to you at 6:30 after the drunks wake you up early with their 'WOOOOOOO'
Sorry, Go Canada.

Comments

( Click to show/hide )

Old 02-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Donor
2,677 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,930, Level: 38 Points: 23,930, Level: 38 Points: 23,930, Level: 38
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 720 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

These Winter Olympics have kind of been a downer, just haven't really been into them. I've been trying, I really have. The opening ceremonies were pretty cool, I enjoy seeing the delegations come out and how many athletes they have. I also enjoyed watching the culture of the area, as well as the pictures of the beautiful countryside, very scenic place.

But this is probably why I do not watch the Winter Olympics that much. The following image may scare some of you, and it may not be suitable for work, I'm just warning you.

( Click to show/hide )

The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

yeah, you aren't the first person to bring that up

( Click to show/hide )
http://gaylife.about.com/od/gaycelebrityprofiles/p/johnnyweir.htm

it is my understanding that his exhibition program is performed to lady gaga's poker face.

one word...curling. awesome.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
486 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGrotowski View Post
1. Hey OldTimer, would you say the girls are better at hockey than the guys?
2. Remember that girl that wanted to join the major league?
3. Am I asking enough questions all at once?
1. They seem to play a different style then the mens. Are they better? OUR Team is the Best!!! That is one game I would pay to see though. Our men's against our women's team. It would be interesting.

2. No... I stopped watching Baseball after the strike in the 90's. I was an avid Blue jay fan at the time. (Don't judge me for watching hockey after the strike though)

3. No, ThreearenottoomanyUnlessnospacingorpunctuation.

I actually started watching women's curling as well. This was what originally got me interested. (NSFW)
( Click to show/hide )
Can't seem to find the right pic but some were just drop dead gorgeous Milf's. She was the blonde captain on the Canadian team from a couple years back.

But some of the players in hockey do the same thing for me too. I think it's the level of athleticism in hockey.

Did anyone see the close-ups of the women in hockey? Looked to me like some had makeup on.

Last edited by OldTimer; 02-18-2010 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: I almost forgot.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 19 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

This is an example of a tragedy not seen in the Winter Olympics before. I've never known any country to mess up the torch-lighting either. Anyway, at least it's not Munich all over again. I don't think Germany will ever live that Olympic Games down.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36 View Post
If we don't win Gold in Hockey, I'll be really upset. The Snowboarding was already a huge letdown, We kinda got unintentionally screwed...
I'm not trying to rub it in or anything, but you have to admit Shaun White is a beast at snowboarding.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
486 posts
View Stats

The best snowboarder ever was:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Rebagliati"]Ross Rebagliati - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I watched some news show saying he was going into politics. Everyone knows his 'failed' drug test. He's been coaching and trying to still move forward after his past indiscretion.

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by OldTimer; 02-18-2010 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: the best performance inhancing drug
Old 02-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,213 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17 Points: 3,641, Level: 17
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 209 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

I've been pretty disinterested in the winter games this year, but last night was a good night of television. They showed the women's downhill which had some spectacular crashes and also the men's halfpipe. Those events got my attention.

I was really impressed with NBC's side-by-side hologram imaging where they showed Lindsey Vonn and Julie Mancuso skiing the hill simultaneously. It was pretty sweet utilization of technology.

As for Canada winning the gold in Hockey, I think it would be a big let down for you Canadians, but there are some really good teams that could win gold. If they lost, it wouldn't be like the USA Dream team choking in basketball.
If I was betting, I think I'm putting my money on Ovechkin and the Russians. Those guys are sick.
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
233 posts
JKool is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 10
Points: 1,255, Level: 10 Points: 1,255, Level: 10 Points: 1,255, Level: 10
Level up: 78%
Level up: 78%, 45 Points needed Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

+1 (+1/-0)     

The winter Olympics are better then the summer.

Comments

Old 02-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44
Level up: 58%
Level up: 58%, 642 Points needed Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

Quote:
Plus we get all our Canadians back from the U.S. NHL teams
and thankyou for that! Nice to finally see our players, actually playing for us.

Quote:
As for Canada winning the gold in Hockey, I think it would be a big let down for you Canadians, but there are some really good teams that could win gold. If they lost, it wouldn't be like the USA Dream team choking in basketball.
If I was betting, I think I'm putting my money on Ovechkin and the Russians. Those guys are sick.
We don't normally lose, Russia & Sweden are tough competitors, but I don't see how the US always does so well... I have not even had a chance to watch one hockey game yet... :-(

Quote:
I'm not trying to rub it in or anything, but you have to admit Shaun White is a beast at snowboarding.
Talking about the timed races where four of them all go down the hill at once. I wasn't paying too close of attention until the end. But our canadian guy was dominating every race, he was always like way ahead of all the other racers (Why can't I remember his name suddenly?). Anyways, we came to the final race that had 2 US guys in it, one of them fell right in front of our guy and the other US guy just flys on by and barely wins...

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 02-18-2010 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: I hate spelling errors >:-(
Old 02-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Donor
2,677 posts
sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!sabby has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,930, Level: 38 Points: 23,930, Level: 38 Points: 23,930, Level: 38
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 720 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

+1 (+1/-0)     

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasly View Post
The winter Olympics are better then the summer.
I can not agree at all on that statement. The Summer Olympics have more competitors, more countries involved, just a better spectacle. How many of the African or South American countries are participating in the Winter Olympics? Not many. The Winter Olympics are basically where the "country club" countries participate in events that you have to have TONS of money to practice.

I am proud to live in a rich country, but in the Winter Olympics a majority of what you do depends on the equipment you have, not much on athletic ability. There are some of these in the Summer Olympics but the only real "athletes" in the Winter Olympics are the hockey players and to an extent, speed skaters and skiers.

Comments

The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.