Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 09-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,171 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Windows 10 announced

Windows 10 is the official name for Microsoft's next version of Windows | The Verge

Old 09-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 10,935, Level: 27 Points: 10,935, Level: 27 Points: 10,935, Level: 27
Level up: 32%
Level up: 32%, 615 Points needed Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Re: Windows 10 announced

Thats refreshing to hear, i hate windows 8
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

What happened to nine?
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 09-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
184 posts
nick666101 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 10
Points: 1,227, Level: 10 Points: 1,227, Level: 10 Points: 1,227, Level: 10
Level up: 64%
Level up: 64%, 73 Points needed Level up: 64% Level up: 64%

Guess they didn't want this to happen.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,171 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Windows Chen
Old 09-30-2014, 05:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 6,853 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

I doubt I'll go past Windows 7 unless my computer ends up beyond repair.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 16,735 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

Why would they skip 9?

All listed features should have been included in 8 and now that they realize the mistake they should just release them as an update to 8.

Rumor is several versions will be free - probably any device with less than a 9 inch screen will come with win 10 for free. Probably because they can't compete with free Android and ChromeOS.

Upgrade for desktop rumored to be under $30.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

If it's under $30 I might bite.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,171 posts
View Stats

+1 (+1/-0)     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
All listed features should have been included in 8 and now that they realize the mistake they should just release them as an update to 8.
Windows 8 has too many negative "grr W8 suckz ass lulz" memes attached to it to be worth saving.

We went through the same situation with Vista to 7. Same OS, different looking UI, and rebranded.

Quote:
Rumor is several versions will be free - probably any device with less than a 9 inch screen will come with win 10 for free..
"Andreas Diantoro, the president of Microsoft Indonesia, confirms that Windows 9 will be a free upgrade for all Windows 8 users."

Microsoft Indonesia president: Windows 9 will be free to Windows 8 owners | PCWorld

Quote:
Probably because they can't compete with free Android and ChromeOS.
More likely they want people to jump off of XP and W7.

Quote:
Why would they skip 9?
Because seven ate nine.

IDK.

Comments

seven ate nine
Old 09-30-2014, 10:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

Maybe they skipped 9 for purely cosmetic reasons? 9 makes people think of the 8 that came before it and the ones that will come after it, 10 sounds more final and stable. Or maybe just in my head.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 6,853 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Maybe they skipped 9 for purely cosmetic reasons? 9 makes people think of the 8 that came before it and the ones that will come after it, 10 sounds more final and stable. Or maybe just in my head.
Wouldn't they just name it something like when they did XP/Vista?

Old 09-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mr. Sparkle
Donor
Game Mod
1,856 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 55
Points: 52,012, Level: 55 Points: 52,012, Level: 55 Points: 52,012, Level: 55
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 538 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
Wouldn't they just name it something like when they did XP/Vista?
Because that would be the smart thing to do. I mean, these guys followed up the Xbox 360 with the Xbox One.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

Old 10-01-2014, 12:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 10,935, Level: 27 Points: 10,935, Level: 27 Points: 10,935, Level: 27
Level up: 32%
Level up: 32%, 615 Points needed Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Old 10-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedIsDead View Post
Because that would be the smart thing to do. I mean, these guys followed up the Xbox 360 with the Xbox One.
Around here we prefer to call it the xbone. The owners are xboners.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64 Points: 133,715, Level: 64

Looked it up. They said they named it 10 because it is such a big jump from 8. Complete BS.

They are trying to distance themselves from the huge mistake of removing the start button and make people think 7 is so far behind.

I will use it but they keep making dumb mistakes. Just call it what it is, Windows 8.2.

I'm betting that this is one of their last chances. They are going to have to reinvent Windows 11 or 12 to stay in the game.

Having one version for desktops, tablets and phones and giving away the tablet and phone version is a good move.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

I think with 8 they tried to make it more "app orientated" tried to get a little of that ios market. The thing is terrible.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
1,768 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33
Level up: 92%
Level up: 92%, 93 Points needed Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Quote:
Looked it up. They said they named it 10 because it is such a big jump from 8.
That's the sort of thing people joke about. What is it with MS and being bad at names lately? First the Xbone, now this.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

We make jokes about the xbone but MS knew exactly what they were doing. Go to any forum that is supportive of the console and almost everyone will be calling it "the one". The longer that goes on the more it will stick in peoples minds.

Also it's a better name than the WiiU or PS4. I say that while still hating the name Xbox one.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
1,768 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33
Level up: 92%
Level up: 92%, 93 Points needed Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Most people just call it the Xbone, rolls off the tongue better.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Mr. Sparkle
Donor
Game Mod
1,856 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 55
Points: 52,012, Level: 55 Points: 52,012, Level: 55 Points: 52,012, Level: 55
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 538 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Also it's a better name than the WiiU or PS4. I say that while still hating the name Xbox one.
Saying that a console's name is better than Wii U is like saying that the sun is hot. The name Wii U is lame and confusing.

I kinda like the PS4 name. Sure, it's not very creative, but it's straightforward and to the point.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

Old 10-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Quote:
The name Wii U is lame and confusing.
Their next console will be called the Us. It will release in a year or so to get a jump on the next next gen.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,326 posts
View Stats

Unsure if ^^^ is sarcasm.

What's wrong with PS4?

Old 10-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Wii All

Calling it.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Unsure if ^^^ is sarcasm.
It was, I'm making fun of the dumb name and their dumb system launching early and being underwhelming.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,171 posts
View Stats

+2 (+2/-0)     

https://searchcode.com/?q=if%28versi...indows+9%22%29

Comments

2gud