Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
35 posts
minamewu101 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 4
Points: 414, Level: 4 Points: 414, Level: 4 Points: 414, Level: 4
Level up: 76%
Level up: 76%, 36 Points needed Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Who is your favorite Anime Charater?

who is your favorite Anime Charater? Mine is konata from Lucky star

She is a girl that loves anime but really lazy when it comes to homework
so you can say she is a otaku fan alot. The show is very good and you can find more anime shows here
Full Anime Series List | AnimeSeason.com
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Re: Who is your favorite Anime Charater?

ARGH! Streamed video is eye cancer! Seriously, downloading is the only way to go.

There is a social goup for anime discussion. If you want in send me a PM.

To answer your question my top three would be:
Ami Kawashima
( Click to show/hide )

Komoe Tsukuyomi
( Click to show/hide )

and Hideyoshi Kinoshita
( Click to show/hide )

Careful, last one's a trap.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

Mu favorite character is: Revy from Black Lagoon

NSFW

( Click to show/hide )
Old 05-02-2010, 01:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

+1 (+1/-0)     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Who is this character?

Oh my goodness, what a lovely huge set of horns he has on his head, doesn't he now?
Well, let's see ... oh, I don't know .. could it be .... mmmmmmmm
SATAN?

I forgot to say that I have too many favorite characters to choose just one.
but...
I really love anime, and have a collection of some pictures from shows {and stuff} in my profile.

Comments

Last edited by RU Joe; 05-02-2010 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: more, there's always more
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

- Haruhi

- Miina Miyafuji

- Etna

Old 05-02-2010, 03:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGrotowski View Post
Who is this character?

Oh my goodness, what a lovely huge set of horns he has on his head, doesn't he now?
Well, let's see ... oh, I don't know .. could it be .... mmmmmmmm
SATAN?

I forgot to say that I have too many favorite characters to choose just one.
but...
I really love anime, and have a collection of some pictures from shows {and stuff} in my profile.
That is Pluto, Americanized in to Bruton, and Canadianized into Commonturk. He's from the 2 part Astro Boy episodes, "The greatest robot in the world".
It's always been up there in my top anime. Available on youtube If you want to watch. Although the Canadian translations were much better, but I dont think there on the net anywhere.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-02-2010, 03:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 1,791 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%

+1 (+1/-0)     

That monkey from Speed Racer.

I don't watch a lot of anime...

Comments

Old 05-02-2010, 03:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

SC:
Quote:
Canadianized into Commonturk.
Are you serious?
Why didn't they just call him CommonWEALTH?
and Canadianized?
I think this is the only other time besides Sesame Park {Sesame Street in the US} that I heard of a show has been specifically 'made' for Canada.

Quote:
I don't watch a lot of anime...
It's Ok DN, we still like you.
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Jubei Kibagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN
I don't watch a lot of anime... ... ..
Same.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

Quote:
SC:

Are you serious?
and Canadianized?
I think this is the only other time besides Sesame Park {Sesame Street in the US} that I heard of a show has been specifically 'made' for Canada.

It was during the period where kids shows could only have so many minutes of advertisments during the run of a half an hour, so they had to do a little fancy editing here and there, and this is also the reason we had that little thing at the end of each episode where you could win a chance to have astro boy come and play with you.
kong on Bronies:

Old 05-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

A hard choice for me, but my favorite has to be:
( Click to show/hide )

Mugen from Samurai Champloo, he has such a bad attitude, it's funny.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGrotowski
SC:

Are you serious?
and Canadianized?

It was during the period where kids shows could only have so many minutes of advertisments during the run of a half an hour, so they had to do a little fancy editing here and there, and this is also the reason we had that little thing at the end of each episode where you could win a chance to have astro boy come and play with you.

Thanks, SC, I never heard of that particular contest before, but there was a similar contest put on by the Japanese movie company Toho, where kids would submit drawings of 'monsters' to have a chance of their character appearing in a Godzilla movie.

The winner submitted
JET JAGUAR

... that's Jet on the left, shaking Godzilla's paw.
{those old movies are the best, they really are}

Last edited by RU Joe; 05-02-2010 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: picture not working
( Click to show/hide )

Old 05-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 1,791 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%

Quote:
{those old movies are the best, they really are}
Just you watch there the ol' Gojira and tell me you still like Jet Jaguar.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
Just you watch there the ol' Gojira and tell me you still like Jet Jaguar.
Actually, I never saw that particular movie {yet} and only became aware of it through cinnemassacre 's review of the Godzilla movies.
Some of those shows are better than others, and this is not one of them, apparently.
( Click to show/hide )

Old 05-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
386 posts
nikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with othersnikegirl2012 play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12 Points: 1,615, Level: 12
Level up: 23%
Level up: 23%, 385 Points needed Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

What type of favorite? Because I think Pino from Ergo Proxy is very very cute, and also Opacho from Shaman King, both are just itsy bitsy cutie pies... awww... But I also liked Yoh's and Anna's personalities from Shaman King. Anna was just great.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Probably over-all favorite.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
Probably over-all favorite.
Sorry DM, it looks like your picture failed to post.
Who is your over all favorite?
( Click to show/hide )

Old 05-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63

Yaichi

The charismatic leader of the "Five Leaves." A mysterious person, ceases to tell about his own past and lives in a local brothel, protecting the women working in there. Distinguishable by his light colored hair. Smokes a pipe.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

Ugh, thats some ugly anime right there.
kong on Bronies:

Old 05-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Ugh, thats some ugly anime right there.

SC, meet Ubaba, the evil master of the Bathhouse of the Spirits, from the amime 'Spirited Away'.
That's the heroine, Sen, on the right.

By the way, Ubaba is NOT in the foreground; she's standing directly in front of Sen, yelling at her.

Last edited by RU Joe; 05-03-2010 at 12:53 AM..
( Click to show/hide )

Old 05-03-2010, 12:54 AM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
View Stats

Well, not really the same kinda ugly. Punbaba is definetly ugly, be I was refering to the fact the designer of Yachi should be shot, although I'll give a little credit for not simply copying the other styles of anime line for line like most of them do.
kong on Bronies:

Old 05-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

Quote:
I'll give a little credit for not simply copying the other styles of anime line for line like most of them do.
That has to be what they had in mind with Akagi, too.

( Click to show/hide )

Old 05-03-2010, 03:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

No. Just a different art style.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
View Stats

Tenser:
Quote:
No. Just a different art style.
Zigacktly what I meant.