Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 2500 USD, Received: 825 USD (33%)
Donate Now
Retro Uprising is supported 100% by donations from users like you! We have zero ads and no membership fees.
Please help us stay free and growing.
All donations are used to improve the site. Current projects: adding GBA and N64 games and improving the emulators used to submit scores.
List of Donors Thank you.

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: Who is the better Batman
Adam West 3 21.43%
Michael Keaton 8 57.14%
Christian Bale 3 21.43%
Val Kilmer 0 0%
George Clooney 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,664 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 26
Points: 10,328, Level: 26 Points: 10,328, Level: 26 Points: 10,328, Level: 26
Level up: 65%
Level up: 65%, 322 Points needed Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

+1 (+1/-0)     
Who is the Better Batman?

Who is the Best Batman? State your opinions here.

To me it's hard to compare as all the roles are written differently, Here is my take

Better Bruce Wayne: Christian Bale
Better Batman: Michael Keaton

Comments

nice topic

Last edited by bearhawk72; 09-04-2011 at 08:15 PM..
Old 09-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,624 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 96,950, Level: 62 Points: 96,950, Level: 62 Points: 96,950, Level: 62
Level up: 32%
Level up: 32%, 13,800 Points needed Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Activity: 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%

Re: Who is the Better Batman?

I think Keaton was in the first two, correct?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,664 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
I think Keaton was in the first two, correct?
Yeah, Batman(1989) and Batman Returns. Those were the Burton films, then it turned to crap

Batman Forever-Val Kilmer
Batman & Robin-George Clooney

Last edited by bearhawk72; 09-04-2011 at 08:39 PM..
Old 09-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,951 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 94,600, Level: 62 Points: 94,600, Level: 62 Points: 94,600, Level: 62
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 16,150 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Activity: 86%
Activity: 86% Activity: 86% Activity: 86%

I voted Bale. I liked Keaton a lot but his actual Batman wasn't as badass as Bale. Batman in the comics is pretty hardcore.

Best gif ever.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,624 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I'd say #3 was good, I enjoyed the Robin character but really didn't like Val.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,951 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
I enjoyed the Robin character.
That's something you don't really hear.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,624 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
That's something you don't really hear.
Well, I am known to like obscurities, right?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
24,951 posts
View Stats

Not obscure, you like spunky side kicks.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Forum lurker
16,624 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Not obscure, you like spunky side kicks.
Yeah that makes more sense.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Game Mod
6,282 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,667, Level: 41 Points: 28,667, Level: 41 Points: 28,667, Level: 41
Level up: 30%
Level up: 30%, 983 Points needed Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Activity: 71%
Activity: 71% Activity: 71% Activity: 71%

I went with Bale even though Keaton's a close second.
Also Heath Ledger was my favorite Joker and I'm not just saying that because he died.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 09-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Donor
92 posts
GamingWolf has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,472, Level: 20 Points: 5,472, Level: 20 Points: 5,472, Level: 20
Level up: 75%
Level up: 75%, 278 Points needed Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to GamingWolf Send a message via MSN to GamingWolf Send a message via Yahoo to GamingWolf Send a message via Skype™ to GamingWolf

Are we limited to just movie Batmen? I feel like I need to mention Kevin Conroy, the voice of Batman in Batman: The Animated Series and similar properties in the franchise.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,664 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingWolf View Post
Are we limited to just movie Batmen? I feel like I need to mention Kevin Conroy, the voice of Batman in Batman: The Animated Series and similar properties in the franchise.
For the purposes of this poll, yes. I say that because it involves how they look and act as opposed to just the voice.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
the strongest
5,995 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 904 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Best as Bruce Wayne: George Clooney.
Best as Batman: Micheal Keaton.
Since Clooney's Batman was pretty terrible, it goes to Keaton.
Keaton played a badass Batman, in more the style of the original comics from the 1940's.

Quote:
Also Heath Ledger was my favorite Joker and I'm not just saying that because he died.
I preferred Jack Nicholson's Joker.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power; its burning grip tells me to defeat you! SHINING FINGER!"
I can be found on my blog more often than not (occasionally NSFW)
Old 09-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
169 posts
TheGuardian play's well with othersTheGuardian play's well with othersTheGuardian play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,592, Level: 12 Points: 1,592, Level: 12 Points: 1,592, Level: 12
Level up: 19%
Level up: 19%, 408 Points needed Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

Had to vote for the Adam West batman, since he embodies the golden/silver age batman in my eyes.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,664 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
Best as Bruce Wayne: George Clooney.
Best as Batman: Micheal Keaton.
Since Clooney's Batman was pretty terrible, it goes to Keaton.
Keaton played a badass Batman, in more the style of the original comics from the 1940's.

I preferred Jack Nicholson's Joker.
I think both the Jokers work for their movie. Ledger is just a lunatic wearing clown make-up. Nicholson's character has more depth. He can wildly swing from joking around to deadly serious and dangerous in an instant.

Keaton's Batman is more of a detective than Bales. Keaton seems(at least to me) to be a smarter, more calculating version of Batman. Bale's Batman seems to do things more out of rage and vengeance, is more reckless, and will kick the crap out of the bad guys more so than Keaton's Batman.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
the strongest
5,995 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 904 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Since Batman was originally a super-detective with high intelligence, I prefer the portrayal of Batman that shows that side of Batman. We all know Batman kicks ass, but most portrayals forget that he's supposed to be intelligent and calculating.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
Donor
92 posts
GamingWolf has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,472, Level: 20 Points: 5,472, Level: 20 Points: 5,472, Level: 20
Level up: 75%
Level up: 75%, 278 Points needed Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Send a message via AIM to GamingWolf Send a message via MSN to GamingWolf Send a message via Yahoo to GamingWolf Send a message via Skype™ to GamingWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearhawk72 View Post
Keaton's Batman is more of a detective than Bales. Keaton seems(at least to me) to be a smarter, more calculating version of Batman. Bale's Batman seems to do things more out of rage and vengeance, is more reckless, and will kick the crap out of the bad guys more so than Keaton's Batman.
I do like Keaton's Batman more, it's just I like Batman Begins and the Dark Knight a whole lot too. I imagine a much better movie could be made with a compromise between the more multi-faceted Batman with Nolan's presentation. It certainly earned him the ability to create Inception.

Last edited by GamingWolf; 09-05-2011 at 01:50 AM..
Old 09-05-2011, 01:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
1,767 posts
Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,350, Level: 49 Points: 40,350, Level: 49 Points: 40,350, Level: 49
Level up: 12%
Level up: 12%, 1,500 Points needed Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Adam West all the way!

For reasons mentioned below.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
6,748 posts
joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!joz has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,086, Level: 44 Points: 33,086, Level: 44 Points: 33,086, Level: 44
Level up: 43%
Level up: 43%, 864 Points needed Level up: 43% Level up: 43%

Hands down

Old 09-06-2011, 05:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
1,767 posts
Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,350, Level: 49 Points: 40,350, Level: 49 Points: 40,350, Level: 49
Level up: 12%
Level up: 12%, 1,500 Points needed Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

+1 (+1/-0)     

Not bad Jozzer

But can your Batman do this?

Comments

This is the reason why I almost picked Adam West over Bale.