Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 10-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

+1 (+1/-0)     
When you were first scared from a movie

I remember the first time I was traumatized by a film. The movie was called "Pieces", it involved chainsaws lopping off limbs, and butcher knives going through doors then through the back of skulls and out mouths... I was way too young to see it.

Do you guys have any stories to share about the fist time you were scared poopless from a movie?

The trailer NSFW:

Comments

Cool thread

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 10-22-2013 at 02:06 AM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Re: When you were first scared from a movie

The original Star Wars films were some of the first movies I watched; I was probably around four years old and relatives would often put in a vcr of it while I caught a nap or went to bed.

( Click to show/hide )

I was always really afraid that he was going to make a scary face.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
367 posts
kernzy play's well with otherskernzy play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,679, Level: 12 Points: 1,679, Level: 12 Points: 1,679, Level: 12
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 321 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Activity: 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

evil dead.
i was 10.
scared stupid!!
if i beat your score, i'm sorry.
or am i?
Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

Probably the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie but it's been a long time I dunno.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats
Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 144 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

I actually don't even understand how movies scare people. They may suprise and startle me, but not scare me, and those are the good ones, which are few. Most scary movies just redo those few good ones over again until they produce laughs, not scares.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Donor
997 posts
D.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,071, Level: 38 Points: 23,071, Level: 38 Points: 23,071, Level: 38
Level up: 32%
Level up: 32%, 1,579 Points needed Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

The Exorcist. I was required to go to church as a kid and really believed in the devil and thought this stuff was real. I see this now and it makes me laugh but when I was 8 or 9, it scared the crap out of me.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

I saw the original Scream when I was young and I remember being very scared after it lol. Also saw one of the Friday the 13th movies. Now I seem to enjoy them more than actually be scared. Though the new Nightmare on Elm Street did scare me (especially that ending )

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikman View Post
I actually don't even understand how movies scare people. They may suprise and startle me, but not scare me, and those are the good ones, which are few. Most scary movies just redo those few good ones over again until they produce laughs, not scares.
I mean when you were a kid, and saw something crazy for the first time.

Another one that I didn't like was Childs Play, the doll just looks silly to me now, but back when I was 7 or 8, this was the stuff of nightmares:

kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post

Another one that I didn't like was Childs Play, the doll just looks silly to me now, but back when I was 7 or 8, this was the stuff of nightmares:

I saw most of them this past summer and laughed at most of them. Did not find them scary. I found it funny how no one could ever seem to hit him. Speaking of Chuckie, isn't a new one coming out soon?

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
884 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 25
Points: 9,004, Level: 25 Points: 9,004, Level: 25 Points: 9,004, Level: 25
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 746 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jason L. Davis

Im with you Dudebro! A Nightmare On Elm Street scared the hell outta me as a young one with reoccurring dreams as well, But , Growing up I did have a My Buddy that resemble the " Good Guy " doll from childs play! Not to mention right around that same time I seen a few Puppetr Master Movies!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

I remember not being scared at this one movie, but my grandma kept reminding me "You know it's just a movie, right dear?"

Maybe someone can help identify it.

The only scene I remember was a birds eye view looking into a silo with a man in there, then suddenly the silo started filling up with corn, it buried the man until only one arm was uncovered, it just looked like a severed lower arm sitting on top of the corn, only with no blood. I think he was holding a flashlight. That's literally all I remember, anyone have any ideas of what movie this was?
kong on Bronies:

Old 10-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

Maybe a Children of the Corn movie?
Old 10-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
884 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Sounds like one.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

You know what? Im having a bit of trouble remembering a movie from back in the day myself! I know its a cult classic and EVERYONE must have seen it a while back. 2 scenes I do remember is 1. Its storming outside and a boy is upstairs in his room, He's under his bed and the window explodes due to wind or somthing, He looks at his hand and theres an eyeball in his palm in which he proceeds to stab the eyeball with a piece of glass from the window. 2. Is when he runs downstairs and their is a Grey Monster after him, the monster falls down the stairs and when he hits the ground he busts into like a 100 miniature monsters of the same kind....freaked me oput too as a kid,

Does anyone know this movie?
Old 10-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIG View Post
Does anyone know this movie?

I don't think Children of the Corn is mine... do you guys remember the scene I described or just making the corn connection?
kong on Bronies:

Old 10-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
884 posts
View Stats

Thats awesome StevenCassidy!!!! I had it on the tip of my tongue, But you saved the headache my friend!! I think ill be watching this with my kids halloween night so they can witness REAL scary classics!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

+1 (+1/-0)     

This will seem really silly but this: {cheesedog of a B movie featuring Christopher Lee}

includes a scene where people are made to act in crazy ways by an alien mind ray, and this woman making dinner starts cutting her own fingers right off!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

( Click to show/hide )

{ years of therapy afterwords, you know - seeing that girl in the short - shorts was just too much for me!}

Comments

there's something about that last pic, giggity
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats

I saw many of these kinds of sci-fi and fantasy "horror" films, which aren't scary in the least, but are often unintentionally funny. Most of the "scary moments" are just gore and flickering lights.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,192 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

Quote:
I feel the same way about horror films. Gore was never something
that bothered me and you often see the deaths way before they
happen. A horror film that did entertain me was the original
Aliens, it gave me a few jumps, but it didn't exactly scare me.

The main problem is they are always in your face with the scares,
so you can always see it coming, horror requires subtly and
setting to evoke these feelings of terror. Even then, I never get
scared by the few good ones that entertain me.

Remove Pootis
Old 10-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

So even when you guys were 5 years old... nothing scared you? Did you have hairy chests, too?
kong on Bronies:

Old 10-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
884 posts
View Stats

Lol
Old 10-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

Gore and jump scares are so commonplace nowadays that they do nothing effectively scary. However, even with original movies, I can honestly say that none scared me.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Quote:
Gore and jump scares are so commonplace nowadays that they do nothing effectively scary. However, even with original movies, I can honestly say that none scared me.
You realize that we're talking about when you were five years old, correct? No part of any film scared you back then? Even among non horror movies?

On a related note, the latest movie to have scared me was (I'm sure Joe Grow will know this one) A Scanner Darkly.

( Click to show/hide )

It's more of a psychological thing, but let's just say that the ending is freakily, freakily eerie are conceptually nightmarish. It's not like a normal kind of scare, but I was pretty disturbed.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Speaking of not being scary but being disturbing I was caught of guard by Jacobs Ladder. It starts out pretty normal but it becomes really screwed up.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Speaking of not being scary but being disturbing I was caught of guard by Jacobs Ladder. It starts out pretty normal but it becomes really screwed up.
I totally forgot about this movie. I should probably check it out. Is it on Netflix?

Old 10-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
884 posts
View Stats

If you want a scary film, Then watch "Awake" , Guarantee you won't want to EVER have Surgery!!

Last edited by Tails; 10-25-2013 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: removed swear