Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 375 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

when its gone .

when the feeling is gone of how much you enjoyed it . i guss i never thought the day would happen too me . the day i just gave up on it . i dont know how i could love something so much for far so long to just stop completely . i started happening to me two years ago . when i played video games and i started to not play as much . i mean i would play all night to the point i would just fall a sleep with the controller in my hand . i love so many games gave m so many good memories . you always say when you love something for so long you say you can do it too you die .

i think that i realized its past me . what happened i think is i grew up . i mean yeah whats to say there are 40 years old still playing video games that played as a kid . but i guss with me is i just realized i want to do more then just play video games be more then just a player .

i tried so hard to not let it go . i tried to sit down and play for for just one hour two hours but i couldnt i would just shut it off . and the last game i bought was over 5 months ago or more . i think i love the classics love to talk about them but i dont play anything new that much .

but then you must think why do you belong to a website that about classic games . i guss it was just a place to talk with fellow gamers not a place for me that i looked to play games .

this is a wonderful place you wonderful people here . but i cant kid myself any longer . i am just a person now that wants to go out and see whats out there at 23 i got bigger issues to worry about .

i guss this is the last generation .and wont continue to play video games in the future .

i mean you never think its gonna happen too you but it does . or happens to some.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Re: when its gone .

Happened to me around the N64/NGC era. The feeling came back years later, just in a different form. Now I'm more of a handheld gamer than a console gamer.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,097 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,620, Level: 60 Points: 66,620, Level: 60 Points: 66,620, Level: 60
Level up: 63%
Level up: 63%, 3,830 Points needed Level up: 63% Level up: 63%

When I was very young, there was a feeling surrounding games. There was just something in the air in that car ride home after renting Faxanadu. The feeling can't be described, I have tried. As the years went on the feeling weakened, it was still there, only with much less urgency, I was now able to take my eyes off the instruction manual for a moment on the ride home. By the end of the SNES era, it was pretty much gone, then the introduction of 3d games, and girls axed it entirely. I sold most of my video game stuff and bought a bike, years went by with minimal playing, a little Metal Gear Solid here, a little Breath of Fire 3 there... And then along came emulation, the entire NES library at my thumbtips, the feeling came back, not like it was when I was a kid, but there was no mistaking it. Like Tenser said, I too am now a handheld gamer, consoles don't seem to yield the feeling, but handhelds do for what ever reason.

I guess my point is that making an abrupt and conscious decision to say, "I am done playing video games" is foolish. That's not the way it works. Yes, they become a less important part of your life, as new responsibilities set in, but someday, with a little effort if need be, you can get that passion back. Take a break if you need to, but keep your eyes open for the next time you get an inkling of that feeling, it can all come back I assure you.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,067 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24
Level up: 52%
Level up: 52%, 390 Points needed Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

I know exactly what you mean. I stopped playing video games when the ps1 came out. I started to play again when the ps2 was at the end of its cycle. I didn't play it much but the games were definitely different.

I've had original xbox modded with emulation. I did get that nostalgia back but i didnt play the games much. I modded my ps2 to play all the shoot em ups but i never really played them considering that is my favorite genre.

I bought a 360 to the urging of an acquaintance. I liked the idea behind the arcade and spent some time in it, but crap release after crap release and non-arcade to boot i got tired.

I remember each week my brother and myself would get a new game for the NES. I equally felt bad since i usually beat the games rather quickly. I had well over 200 NES games. When the 16-bit consoles came out, i spent my days on SNES: 2020 baseball, super mario world, super bases loaded and f-zero. For Genesis it was Sonic and mostly SOR. I probably had about 30 games on SNES and 12 for the Genesis.

I can't explain why i stopped but it was obvious my game catalog became smaller for each system. I prefer 2d games over movie/3d. I do like some of those games but i grew up in 2d. Also I think I'm a fair-weathered gamer. I only play games when something is at stake (prizes, ranking etc).
Old 05-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

its nice to know this happens to others fellow long timer term players. and i also glad to to hear some times it comes back too you .
Old 05-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Just remember, it might return just in another form. Maybe Steam or GoodOldGames.com. Maybe one of the next gen's online arcades. Maybe the 3DS or a cell phone.

I think a lot of it has to do with your preferences changing as a gamer and realizing what you do and do not like in games. It's a lot about realizing what you actually do enjoy instead of what anyone else says you might enjoy.

I've gotten so good at it I can usually decide if I'm going to buy a game just by looking at a few screenshots.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

yeah your right . when i think it comes back i will be excited and think why i ever let it go away.

« bones | the beatles »