Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 11-29-2018, 02:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Donor
64 posts
xtremelean is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,421, Level: 13 Points: 2,421, Level: 13 Points: 2,421, Level: 13
Level up: 94%
Level up: 94%, 29 Points needed Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

What makes you nostalgic?

Wow, have not posted for so long. (Says I haven't posted since Jan. 1, 2016)

This place makes me nostalgic actually. I haven't seen this place in so long, and the place feels so empty, but that's probably because not a lot of people post here. A lot of pain actually, looking through my posts over the years. Both from the years that have passed and the embarrassment. But as that dude from Mad Men explained, nostalgia is painful.

Beyond that, on YouTube there's a lot of older videos that make me feel nostalgic. Old meme videos, gameplay, and even dropped-off lets players.

What makes you nostalgic?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
699 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,648, Level: 24 Points: 8,648, Level: 24 Points: 8,648, Level: 24
Level up: 75%
Level up: 75%, 202 Points needed Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

Re: What makes you nostalgic?

This site, generally, or things like it. I still frequent GameFAQs and learned you can view your previous posts in topics since you joined. Huge blast of nostalgia trying to figure out what the hell was going on in my mind at that time.

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 11-29-2018, 03:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Donor
64 posts
xtremelean is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,421, Level: 13 Points: 2,421, Level: 13 Points: 2,421, Level: 13
Level up: 94%
Level up: 94%, 29 Points needed Level up: 94% Level up: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay View Post
This site, generally, or things like it. I still frequent GameFAQs and learned you can view your previous posts in topics since you joined. Huge blast of nostalgia trying to figure out what the hell was going on in my mind at that time.

Yeah, I feel the same way actually.
RU also has a feature where you view your own posts, and man, so much of them are me being incredibly naive. Makes me kinda happy and kinda "oh dear".
Old 11-30-2018, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

RU makes me feel that too. I miss the olden days when things were really buys with visitors like some ancient inn or guild from a game. I wish more people would come around, but nice to see some of the classic people are still around a bit.

I also feel nostalgic watching old TV shows from the 70's-90's and of course retro gaming in general.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 12-01-2018, 12:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Aside from video games, toys do it for me. What an awesome sensation seeing a toy that you forgot existed.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."