Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 09-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Welcome to the next dimension...

I have been meaning to create a Sci-Fi dedicated Social Group for a long time, but I guess now is as good a time as any.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Donor
814 posts
Smittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 686 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

Re: Welcome to the next dimension...

Very nice!
http://www.scuffletown.org/wp-content/image/neverends1.gif
Old 09-24-2010, 03:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
1,627 posts
Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 40,598, Level: 49 Points: 40,598, Level: 49 Points: 40,598, Level: 49
Level up: 27%
Level up: 27%, 1,252 Points needed Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bagious View Post
I have been meaning to create a Sci-Fi dedicated Social Group for a long time, but I guess now is as good a time as any.
Can you land this Spaceship somewhere and drop me off. There's been a mistake I thought I'd signed up to discuss all things Wi-fi.

Sorry for the Misunderstanding.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Are you serious josephjo?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephjo View Post
Can you land this Spaceship somewhere and drop me off. There's been a mistake I thought I'd signed up to discuss all things Wi-fi.

No Jojo. I mean this is a board dedicated to all things Hi-Fi as in stereo boom boxes we used in the 80's.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,955 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29 Points: 13,260, Level: 29
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 190 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

Awesome. My brother would enjoy discussing Star Wars.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Quote:

Btw there's an option to leave group on the main page of the social group right above the picture.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
1,627 posts
Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Josephjo has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Btw there's an option to leave group on the main page of the social group right above the picture.
Boy, would I like to leave. It's difficult though as I owe the Bagel bros lots of money. They're like the Ponda Baba and Dr Evazan of R.U.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Jojo View Post
Boy, would I like to leave. It's difficult though as I owe the Bagel bros lots of money. They're like the Ponda Baba and Dr Evazan of R.U.
A deathmark's not an easy thing to live with Jojo.

I have the death sentence in 12 systems. You just watch yourself!!!

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
1,627 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Bagel View Post
A deathmark's not an easy thing to live with Jojo.

I have the death sentence in 12 systems. You just watch yourself!!!
.............and cue Guru - 'I don't like you either.'
Old 09-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
.............and cue Guru - 'I don't like you either.'
These aren't the Bagels you're looking for. Move along. Move along.

( Click to show/hide )

One quick tip Han Jojo, if Greedo comes at you with a gun, make sure to let him get off a shot first, so that it will seem more fair. It's always better if Greedo shoots first.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
1,627 posts
View Stats

Is that Reeyees in the bottom right corner of the picture?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Is that Reeyees in the bottom right corner of the picture?
Good eyes Han Jojo. Why yes it is. They tried to get Momaw Nadon for the scene, but he was drunk (what else is new?). Then they tried to get EG-6 to do it, but he wouldn't leave his trailer. It was something about the crew not having the right lattes or some such nonsense. In the end the role went to Reeyees because frankly what else is an alcoholic three eyed Gran going to do otherwise? It's not like Tessek was working very hard to pay the bills, and his liasons with Muftak were going nowhere.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
1,627 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
Good eyes Han Jojo. Why yes it is. They tried to get Momaw Nadon for the scene, but he was drunk (what else is new?). Then they tried to get EG-6 to do it, but he wouldn't leave his trailer. It was something about the crew not having the right lattes or some such nonsense. In the end the role went to Reeyees because frankly what else is an alcoholic three eyed Gran going to do otherwise? It's not like Tessek was working very hard to pay the bills, and his liasons with Muftak were going nowhere.
O.k o.k you know your stuff. No one likes a clever Sio Bibble!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
O.k o.k you know your stuff. No one likes a clever Sio Bibble!
Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Fine! Be that way you little nerf herder. I don't get the rancor all of a sudden, but more and more I think you are just a little salacious crumb.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
One quick tip Han Jojo, if Greedo comes at you with a gun, make sure to let him get off a shot first, so that it will seem more fair. It's always better if Greedo shoots first.
Or just wait until that douchebag George Lucas remasters it to look different. Seriously, what an asshole, stop changing stuff that's been well known for like 30 years.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 11
Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11 Points: 1,481, Level: 11
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 19 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

I seriously don't think he will, DB. That would wreck what he spent so long in building. Lucas isn't stupid. He won't change what worked the first time.
AWOOO!
The Wolf is on the prowl!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

He already did, just watch the remastered versions of the old Star Wars movies. Two glaringly obvious alterations are the Greedo/Han exchange and adding Haden Christiansen into the old films. Yeah that's not a mistake, he added the new emo darth vader kid in place of the old, dead Vader when they show the force ghosts. I was insulted and disgusted with his hack job.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats

That didn't affect it too badly, did it? I have the remastered movies, and it occurred to me then that he had some stuff to add.

Plus he made two alterations to hype the other 3 he was working on.
AWOOO!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #20 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I'm totally ok with remastering non essential stuff like graphics and scenery but when you drastically change a scene(Han vs Greedo) or butcher an ending(adding that little bitch in over the shakespearean actor who originally played Vader) then I get mad. Lucas is a pretentious asshole with no respect for his own work or his fans.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
View Stats

According to the original screenplay, Greedo should have fired first, though. Lucas, I'm sure, was forced to change it later.
AWOOO!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Where are you getting that info from? The point of the scene was to show Han as a neutral leaning character, imo. Lucas changed it to make him more of a hero/good guy. If he shot after being shot at then he's cool but shooting first means he's not all sunshine and rainbows. I think it really hurt his character development to change it.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
View Stats

I am a die hard fan, DB. Lucas actually converted a copy of the screenplay into the novel itself, the first such novel in the Star Wars series. It was that novel I got it from, and Lucas penned it himself.
AWOOO!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I admit I'm not a diehard fan and I've never read a SW novel. That being said I really don't care about all that. The fact remains that he butchered an iconic movie series for no real benefit. There was a huge outcry over the whole Han shot first thing, did you not hear about that?

Btw did he make that novel before or after the first three movies?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:04 AM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
View Stats

Before, surprisingly. I checked the date and it came out several months before the first movie did.
AWOOO!