Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 04-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Watching a trainwreck (or your girlfriend play FPS)

wow...i thought i had seen it all...and then, my girlfriend decided to pop in cod:mw2. after 4 attempts to clear the pit in the tutorial and then struggle for 45 minutes to clear the first level on the easiest setting...i now know what it must have been like to watch the hindenburg burn.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44
Level up: 58%
Level up: 58%, 642 Points needed Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

Re: Watching a trainwreck (or your girlfriend play FPS)

there is a couple my bros age I play L4D with online and the girl is good, not all of them are bad. Just ones that don't play VG's often.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

note, i am not flaming female gamers....there are some chicks out there that have the skillz that pay the billz. the point i was making was that my girlfriend really...really sucks at mw2. are there anyother significant others out there that are bad at games.

not meaning to flame the gf, she is great at games like morrowind, oblivion, fallout 3, etc...the speed of game play is likely a factor.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
80 posts
Oldmannes is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 4
Points: 388, Level: 4 Points: 388, Level: 4 Points: 388, Level: 4
Level up: 59%
Level up: 59%, 62 Points needed Level up: 59% Level up: 59%

My girl is actually pretty good after watching me play these games for 11 years. She is good at killzone 2 and has played MW2 good enough. I still have to explain things over and over again though. I think she has very early senility.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

Enter scene:
My best friend's girlfriend was sitting on the couch next to me while I played Super Mario World.

Her: Tom, you suck at this game. I mean really suck.
Me: Whatever, I'm awesome! *death*
Her: Yeah, real awesome. My turn! *takes controller* *beats level in 3 and a half seconds* You were saying something about how you don't suck?

Needless to say she's a pretty cool chick. Haha.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 63
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 18,787 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri1979 View Post
My girl is actually pretty good after watching me play these games for 11 years.
She learned what not to do?

Old 04-24-2010, 04:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

I've been getting my girlfriend to play some games lately.
Binary Land
Maoi Kun
Maniac Mansion (I feel a sleep and she kept playing by herself which is pretty impressive)
Ball Cube
Cameltry
And other similar games.

I can't imagine her playing a FPS though.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

I tried to get my gf to use the riot shield in MW2 but it didn't go well. I think she accidentally killed someone though. She's no good at FPS but she can beat me at quite a few other game types.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Quote:
She's no good at FPS but she can beat me at quite a few other game types.
Can't just about everyone?

Anyways, I have said before my best friend is better than me in games, and I mean like in any game as well. >_>

Old 04-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Ive been trying to get my wife to play, I literally sat her down for a serious conversation saying that I'd really like her to play some games. Right now all she plays is peggle duel shot, so that's a good start. She used to play alot when she was a kid, paganitzu, jill of the jungle, duke nukem, cosmo to name a few of her favorites.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 04-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

@Steven there is probably some genre she likes but doesn't know even exists. Try getting her to play some of the games I listed above for a couple minutes. Or letting her play one of the games she liked as a kid. Just keep trying a wide range of games until you find something she does like.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
Can't just about everyone?
You talk big for a guy who doesn't play the game types I like.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
21 posts
Davidizer13MK2 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1
Level up: 30%
Level up: 30%, 53 Points needed Level up: 30% Level up: 30%

I've got a cousin who got a computer with ZSNES and a bunch of ROMs on it after her brother left the house; she plays games like Parodius, R-Type, FF4-6 and Chrono Trigger; she's also into Unreal Tournament (against bots) and KOTOR.

I'm trying to get her into Fire Emblem, since I introduced her to Cave Story, and she really liked that. In fact, she's beaten the Sacred Ground on Cave Story and I haven't; she's beaten R-Type 3 and gotten more endings than me on CT. Of course, she's homeschooled and has a lot more time than me to play.
Chicks dig giant burning cyborg lava ogres.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Quote:
You talk big for a guy who doesn't play the game types I like.
Sorry, but Barney hide and seek isn't my style.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
Sorry, but Barney hide and seek isn't my style.
Try a little harder next time.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63 Points: 111,263, Level: 63

Big Bird's See and Speak?

Old 04-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I'm so unimpressed with these weak insults I can't even bring myself to reply in kind.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

Micky Mouse's Letter Safari?

Old 04-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Are you just listing kids games or is there a point to this?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,164 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60 Points: 68,981, Level: 60
Level up: 86%, 1,469 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

At the risk of becoming the biggest loser of the thread, it's big birds hide and speak.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 04-25-2010, 09:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
At the risk of becoming the biggest loser of the thread
Don't worry about it, Tenser and Tails are already battling it out for that honor.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

@Steven: Wish granted. Tool.

@DB: Where's Waldo?

Old 04-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I got tired of Waldo in elementary school. At least you're moving up the list a little though.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,084 posts
View Stats

Cabbage Patch Kids: Adventure in the Park

Old 04-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

Now you're regressing, both in age appropriateness and release date. You were on the right track before but now it's like you're giving up.