Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 375 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Video game have become like movies

i will explain what i mean by the topic .

in the old days of film . they came out with so many big hits . the people over the decades grew accustmed to certain ways and certain favorites that they loved.

i mean if you ask movie lovers from certain decades of birth i gureetee that some of there faves might be back to the future or terminator , star wars, the breakfast club , or wizard of oz, the god father and many others old classics . it has become to the point were many people prefair the old movies over the new ones. were you see yoursefl if your from a certain age rewatching alot of these beloved classics either from the 50s or 60s 70s 80s 90s. 2000s had hits as well . but still what i am saying is the same thing has happened to video games .

its why websites like this one are around . you ask anyone what there favorite game is of all time . and you might get a wide range of responses but i guarantee you wont get any responses from the new age of games .

only new generation gamers are gonna say something like halo or gears of war or assins creed . something like that .

most old school will say mario bros,or mario 64 ,zelda orc of time , or even older . it depends on interest i guss . but mostly i think this is happening to gamers who are old enough to have seen the classics that they will always love to go and replay them over and over again were as the new ones you play them a few times once beat you toss it aside and gravitate to the next big thing were as zelda or mario , or something like golden eye 007 or perfect dark , or diddy kong racing or something of that nature that brings you back to the good old days of gaming .

were you did not have to pay money to do multiplayer in a game . were online was never needed to get secrets characters or other things of that nature . times were simple yes but times were so much better . we got our moneys worth and i guss thats why who ever is older enough to have played these great games will continue to replay them .
Old 05-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,067 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24
Level up: 52%
Level up: 52%, 390 Points needed Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Re: Video game have become like movies

I see what you're saying. I do tend to agree but i am certain older gamers will have favorites with the new games. There are great games like Fable, dvinity and fable...i can't think of others since its been awhile. There are actually some very great newer games...i just wish i could think of the few i really enjoyed on the pc.

You can ask me what my favorite game is but i simply don't have one.

I think what truly killed gaming in this era(although numbers may tend to disagree) are achievements. Instead of buying a game that you might like, people buy games to get 1000 points and then in their mind - they completed the game.

I got rid of my 360 long ago as i fell into this phase but only because i was being rewarded with incentives. It took a lot out of me and games no longer meant anything other than a silly companion number that "comes" with them.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,745 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

People tend to complain now there are a lot of crappy games out there now and that games are short.

There was a ton of crap back in the old days too and plenty of really short games. The difference is back then most of us were kids and would only get 1 game once in a while, and then we'd just play the crap out of it whether we liked it or not. The difference then was reviews were almost non existent. You either had to buy a magazine or ask a friend, rent the game, or just go in blind.

People complain games now can be beaten in 4-6 hours and cost $60. This really hasn't changed. How many NES games are there that can be beaten in under an hour? A lot. The only difference I see is mainly back then games were generally harder because they were short, thus artificially inflating completion time.

I don't think it's changed all that much, it's just nostalgia clouding our eyes when we think "games today suck, old ones were so much better"
Old 05-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

i would agree with you there .

how achviements instead of bringing value to games . they got people to chase a silly number instead of playing great games people resorted to playing crap games .

see back in the old age of games if you knew that game was really bad and had bad graphics you would of neve wanted to touch that game .

now people are playing anything from kung fu panda to halo to get all the achivments they can get to be one of the people with most all time . instead of wanting to playing good quality games . too many people are like that .

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

one thing i would also like to point out

yeah there are still good games out . but the one thing that the games lack of yesterdays is the fact that . the older games has passion they had story . you could look at a game and see the hard work in front of your eyes. i am not saying that the new games of today dont have that cuzz i know some are made with good stuff. but what i am mostly saying is you dont got to be a doctor to figure out that games lack story . they lack alot of things cuzz the single campain or one player modes are being not really focused on . they lack creativty and epic stores that were used to seeing .

cuzz online modes have taken over . most games foucus on online trying to make money off so many subscibers pay money for map packs or charaters or other stuff . its racket for sure . give you a story mode that ends withen less then 24 hours and replace it with a online were we make all the money off you .

thats what we been reduced too .
Old 05-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

This sounds like a case of nostalgia poisoning. Games, shows, movies, books, people, ect were better in my day!

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

i do respect the video clip that was a very amazing movie clint east wood made in his older days .

i am just saying how in movies people only rewatch the classics over and over again like people continuously play the classic video games over again. every generation is gonna have good music good video games and good movies .

but i feel people will always only rewatch replay and relisten to the stuff that stands out
Old 05-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,067 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24
Level up: 52%
Level up: 52%, 390 Points needed Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora2k10 View Post

but i feel people will always only rewatch replay and relisten to the stuff that stands out
Would you want it any other way, though? If you want to take a mainstream approached. You're force fed ads, gossip, reviews, commercials and the whole 9. It's all you know. Then one day someone shows you an indie game or some western game and your mind is blown.

Could you imagine playing only games like speed coin? God no one would game. Every game has the potential to stand out and thats the beauty of the underground.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

The whole games are like movies thing is old news now, it was all about maximizing profits. Some jackass, who was not able to produce a million seller based on the merits of innovation, solid gameplay, and fun factor, decided to market games like a Micheal Bay film, massive budgets and tons of gunfire, explosions. Give it some stupid made for teenage boys storyline, market the hell out of it, and voila! A game that has a return of 500 million dollars! Luckily these are only the "hardcore" games (that term doesn't even mean anything anymore) and there are still lots of great games to play, but I really wish that the Micheal Bay games would step out of the spotlight, because to me, that's not a good representation of what video games are supposed to be like.

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 05-09-2013 at 06:48 PM..
Old 05-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Donor
853 posts
FudgyDRS radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsFudgyDRS radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsFudgyDRS radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsFudgyDRS radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsFudgyDRS radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsFudgyDRS radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsFudgyDRS radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsFudgyDRS radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsFudgyDRS radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsFudgyDRS radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,738, Level: 23 Points: 7,738, Level: 23 Points: 7,738, Level: 23
Level up: 61%
Level up: 61%, 312 Points needed Level up: 61% Level up: 61%

My favorite games are CS source and Tekken 6, and a bunch of very old games.

What's wrong with the beauty of speed coin, it doen't have the potential to stand out, and yet it stands out almost more than anything else.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

This topic is gonna be really bias on a site like this. Let me just say now that there's nothing wrong with big budget movie like games. To each their own. If you don't like them don't buy them.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
This topic is gonna be really bias on a site like this. Let me just say now that there's nothing wrong with big budget movie like games. To each their own. If you don't like them don't buy them.
They are different things, they should be kept separate, otherwise Hamberger Hepler's idea of a button to skip the game and go right to the next cut scene will eventually become reality. There is nothing wrong with Micheal Bay games, but there is something wrong with them being the face of gaming.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

i think i got misunderstood .

there is nothing wrong about standing out . what i mean by stand out is the game produced in terms of quality and is like a classic movie for ever remembered .

2. just because a title has a massive buget does not make it one of the greatest of all time . like say call of duty very very popular people buy that to for one reason to play online . they aint buying for the story . there buying to play with there buddies . then the new one comes out the price drops and people forget about it the older versions. it makes millions of dollars but that does not mean its one of the greatest or best games out now. there are far better games out now that are better but dont make as much money .

3.i belive a great game when done right is always remembered and forever over played and resold over many times. why cuzz it still gives people joy . its the same reason why mario bros games have been resold too us on wii and wii u and DS systems . cuzz they still give people joy to play them . i belive not every game is like this . it does not make it bad . its just it does not attract attention like say terminator , or back to the future or say forest gump . i mean how many times you see those replayed over and over or resold in dvd packges to us . why cuzz they know they still got loads of fans. there for ever classics .

i made this topic to say that games are become or some might have said already been like that for a long time . there are good games in every decade but not every one of them is gonna want to make people still pick it up after 20 years or so like say super mario bros or zelda or other classics that make us do the same.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

My apologies sora, I didn't read the topic... hehe, I guess I missed the point.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

@steven-

Apparently millions of people like those kind of games, what makes you right and not them?

@sora- I'm not a big fan of COD games but I know enough about it to say you're wrong. Lots of people buy it for the single player and don't just give up on the game when the new one comes out. You may not like the games but other people do, see my meme picture above.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

@steven your points are always worth saying never shy away from that .
@DUdebro . yes your right . i dont nessary hate i just like zelda or mario , other games like that .
Old 05-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
@steven-

Apparently millions of people like those kind of games, what makes you right and not them?

@sora- I'm not a big fan of COD games but I know enough about it to say you're wrong. Lots of people buy it for the single player and don't just give up on the game when the new one comes out. You may not like the games but other people do, see my meme picture above.
Okay, so your opinion that movies and games should be the same thing is a valid opinion because millions of people agree, but I should just keep my opinion to myself, because my perspective does not have the same kinda support?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Okay, so your opinion that movies and games should be the same thing is a valid opinion because millions of people agree, but I should just keep my opinion to myself, because my perspective does not have the same kinda support?
>get asked question
>deflect question entirely
>ask rhetorical question back and imply that the original was intended to inspire silence and withdrawl
Old 05-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkN View Post
>get asked question
>ask rhetorical question back and imply that the original was intended to inspire silence and withdrawl
>show up in topic outta nowhere for sole purpose of criticizing someone

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 05-09-2013 at 11:13 PM..
Old 05-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,171 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60 Points: 62,826, Level: 60
Level up: 25%, 7,624 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Quote:
>get asked question

>inb4 useless claim that this is a reaction image

Last edited by Seahawk; 05-01-2016 at 06:35 PM..
Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
>show up in topic outta nowhere for sole purpose of criticizing someone
>>Implying it is unusual to critique ludicrous thought process and forum mannerisms
>>Implying I wasn't trying to get you to answer the question
>>Still evading question
Old 05-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Quote:
>>Implying it is unusual to critique ludicrous thought process and forum mannerisms
>>Implying I wasn't trying to get you to answer the question
>>Still evading question
If you'd read a few posts up, I already spoke in very clear words why I felt that way, DB was the one who came in to simply tell me I was wrong, why is the ball still in my court? Should not the onus now be on DB to explain to my why I am wrong?

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 05-10-2013 at 12:06 AM..
Old 05-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

@steven your opion is valued here . i wanted others to speak there mind about what i was saying .

no need for arguing
Old 05-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
667 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23 Points: 7,541, Level: 23
Level up: 37%, 509 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay

So. . . like, after all these years, man, you and DB, and Tony Jay Todd Boy McKowski are still all ruff and tumble?

Man, I'm old.

"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)

Old 05-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

I think Steven's point is that he feels the "extreme gamer/CoD/ hardcore" tag that the mass media pins on the gaming culture is unjust, unflattering, and just plain inaccurate. Yes there are millions of gamers that enjoy CoD and it sells crap tons every year but there are also millions of gamers who dislike CoD in favor of Mario or Minecraft or Words With Friends.

CoD and its try-hard fanbase should not be used as the face of gaming as it shines all gaming culture in what is generally perceived as a negative light. Its not wrong to like CoD but gaming in general would be better served if CoD and its clones weren't nearly as popular as they are.

Either way, this fad will pass and the herd will move on to the next big thing. Just as what happened to platformers in the late eighties, fighters in the early nineties, JRPGS in the late nineties, etc...

Old 05-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
View Stats

Pretty much spot on Ten.