Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 04-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,659 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 7,089, Level: 22 Points: 7,089, Level: 22 Points: 7,089, Level: 22
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 161 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Uprisers in canada

To start I read the rules and wasn't sure if something like this was allowed so if not I'm sorry.

I have the need of Canadian nickels. They act as great bullion when in pure nickel form. I offer a proposal to anyone who would like to sell me any boxes or bags of Canadian nickels for a profit. I would only want to deal with a known member here or go through eBay or something with a money back guarantee, to reduce risk on both ends. I would want to pay 0.055 per Canadian nickel in USD which would be a profit of about 1 us cent per coin if I got my math right and would want as many as humanly possible, but understand doing smaller at first to feel each other out.also I would pay for shipping.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Re: Uprisers in canada

I would suppose it would be allowed. Your certainly not forcing anyone to barter with you and whoever does decide to do business will be doing it at their own discretion.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 04-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

They haven't been made out of nickle for about 35 years. Finding them in that form is not common. Good luck.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 04-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,659 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats

I'd say its a bit more than 1:5 from what I've heard from people. I'd lose 10% of my money plus 1/10 of half a US cent for every coin if none were pure nickel so the odds are with me, the only thing I am not sure on is the profit/hour. I will make money, just not sure if it would be worth my time. I'm in the process of buying a few lbs of the nickels sorted already for a premium, but finding nickel bullion is tough. Especially the premiums added to it. People are selling ounces of it for the pound price. It's either this way or hiring someone in Canada to sort them for me, which I have been talking to the guy I'm buying the lbs from. trying to get him to do it for 7.65 cents USD for every nickel. Also if you check out the nickel prices I think they're going to skyrocket soon. Not a professional opinion, but literally almost everyday for the past month I've kept an eye on it and its been rising steadily and in good numbers.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

I just checked my coin basket, and of the 23 nickles, 1 of them was actually nickle. Isn't this highly illegal anyway?
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 04-23-2014, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,192 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

Destruction of Mint is only illegal if it's for fraudulent purposes.
Like cutting corners on a single and replacing them with hundreds corners.

You guys should be fine.

Remove Pootis
Old 04-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,659 posts
View Stats

It is illegal to destroy them or melt them. They're perfect how they are. Easily proved to be nickel and are already easily bartered with. I can't say for sure what the ratio is, I think it's a good idea but I know that your coin basket doesn't represent an accurate ratio. I've seen a lot of people on forums say that they get good results.

Last edited by david man45; 04-23-2014 at 05:23 PM..