Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 04-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Under The Dome is a warning to us all

Chai Jing is a hero to us all, just like her fellow countryman the Tank Man of Tiananmen Square so many years ago.
Her investigative documentary has been taken down from You tube several times already from what I've read and when you see it you will understand why.

Corrupt Industry and Government officials are conspiring to commit our environment to decades of destruction of wild habitat on land and in the ocean, all the while touting how safe their new improved pipelines and double - hulled tankers are.

I worked for years at Esso and British Petroleum plants in Alberta.
If oil and gas are so safe then how come plant workers must wear flame - retardant coveralls by law?
There is nothing safe about oil or gas,

the people in charge want to perpetuate the use of fossil fuels while at the same time blocking clean technologies as long as possible.
Vroom vroom.

Already I'm starting to digress so let's hear what you guys have to say.

Chai Jing's review: Under the Dome – Investigating China’s Smog 柴静雾霾调查:穹顶之下 (full translation)
Old 04-07-2015, 02:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Re: Under The Dome is a warning to us all

I wouldn't worry about it JG, I don't know about the west coast, but around here self sustainable farms are becoming a thing. I think it will get to the point that each individual household with create its own energy, and in like 5 years I'd guess.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 04-07-2015, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Re: Under The Dome is a warning to us all

I have to stop making these threads furiously in the dead of night, when I post things like - ' .. to us all' - twice!

I get so fired up about things and my typing speed temporarily exceeds my brain's CPU speed = 3 decahertz

SC:
Quote:
I don't know about the west coast, but around here self sustainable farms are becoming a thing. I think it will get to the point that each individual household with create its own energy, and in like 5 years I'd guess.
True, lots of people are starting to dig up their lawns and planting gardens instead.
Most peoples' hearts seem to be in the right place but space restrictions in cities make it nearly impossible to do.
Food has always been a difficult problem, but the solution must be applied in a different area in order to have positive effect.

I think we should stand back a second and take in a larger picture, which encompasses the source of most of our woes nowadays: the world economy.

For example, in the video Chai mentioned that she found the diesel trucks being driven in China were the source of most toxic particulate matter creating the pollution choking Chinese cities, yet at the same time basically nothing being done to stop it, all because of money.

Lies being told about the emissions reduction technology, false licensing and everything else allowing the continuing use of those trucks belching filth into the air while so many people in between who would do something if they could but can't afford to.

Also it needs to be pointed out the video also reveals that this same series of events has played itself out in other parts of the world, and it was only when the situation {pollution} got so out of hand that finally solutions were put into action.

Meanwhile, the global elite power structure could fix all of the world's problems {which they introduced in the first place; DuPont, Dow Chemical, Standard Oil, etc. to name a few} but refuse to because it is in their best interest to let things get as bad as possible.

Then they can step forward with the clean, renewable technologies they've been using only to create things like autonomous war machines circling the globe which never need to be refueled once launched.
If they can create things like that for war, then that same technology could be used for other applications.

Regarding the video, I was disappointed to see China's solution was to change over to natural gas, but at least it's a small step.
{besides, Harper has been working very hard to make the tarsands 'cleaner' for a reason - apparently this cost you and me millions to do}

Before change can happen, the first step must be the raising of peoples' awareness to the issue at hand, and that is what I think documentaries like this one accomplish most of all.
Getting people back to thinking instead of just going along with this self - destructive, maniacal way of living they {the elites} sold to us this past century, {and now want to charge us for, through the Global Carbon Taxation Scam} is how we can collectively take it all back.

Return to organic non - GMO farming with free - range animals and put into use all the clean technologies .. that's what I call positive change!
Every evil thing they've put into motion stopped, processed and recycled, and controlled by non - profit, non - governmental organizations instead of the paid 'Yes Men' working for the banking / industrial elitists and their regional managers currently steering us toward unsustainable oblivion and by that method, their New World Order run by the World Bank and enforced by the U.N.. maybe a short trip through WW3 on the way to maximize profit

NO THANKS.