Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 06-10-2008, 12:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Turn ANY song into an 8-bit NES song!

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconVa...236/indexE.htm

download this, put it any song and turn it into an 8-bit.

look at some of these..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw_-nmhtjgo

pretty cool, you could turn one of your favorite songs from the wii or w/e into 8-bit.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
124 posts
rambo is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 5
Points: 474, Level: 5 Points: 474, Level: 5 Points: 474, Level: 5
Level up: 16%
Level up: 16%, 126 Points needed Level up: 16% Level up: 16%

Re: Turn ANY song into an 8-bit NES song!

That's awesome!! i haven't tried anything yet but this is cool! nice find tails
Old 07-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
474 posts
wanman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,775, Level: 12 Points: 1,775, Level: 12 Points: 1,775, Level: 12
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 225 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Send a message via MSN to wanman

Sweet find. BTW, 750th post woot
Old 07-31-2008, 08:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
103 posts
DarknessMush0323 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 13
Points: 2,092, Level: 13 Points: 2,092, Level: 13 Points: 2,092, Level: 13
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 358 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Send a message via AIM to DarknessMush0323 Send a message via MSN to DarknessMush0323 Send a message via Yahoo to DarknessMush0323

Awesome man. I will try this out later.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

Gonna bump this, leaving house want to do something with this later.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 1,791 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%

I still can't get this to work. As far as I know, it doesn't read any files.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

.midi only works gotta drag the file to it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2bLaS7B2m4]YouTube - Evangelion 8-bit[/ame]

I did this with it.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

use the hard link and view in my profile, I dunno why it's sitll not uploaded yet.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Where can you get midis? I've looked 'em up but I can't download anything.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

VGMusic - 29,278 Game Music MIDI files for a start.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

Well sure I can look and listen to them, but I can't get them on to my computer.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
431 posts
yoshi_star10 has been properly raised to the rank of averageyoshi_star10 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,687, Level: 23 Points: 7,687, Level: 23 Points: 7,687, Level: 23
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 363 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
Well sure I can look and listen to them, but I can't get them on to my computer.
well, on vgmusic, right click and save as or whatever it might be on your computer
Old 03-31-2010, 11:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

when you have the mid open, save page as.

Yay it's finally up!

Old 04-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

Oh my god this is so much fun.

I just used Gilgamesh's theme song.

Kicked twice the ass, used half the bit.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Are you guys doing requests?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Are you guys doing requests?
I might be able to help you. Good midis seem to be hard to get though.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

I don't have anything particular in mind I was just wondering.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

MAN, SO HAPPY! My song got first in this contest on CT!

Old 05-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

+2 (+2/-0)     

And I thought this would suck:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTphL77ZSI4&feature=related]YouTube - Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (8-bit version)[/ame]

Comments

good job
Old 05-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
81 posts
barnawesome has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
Level: 4
Points: 425, Level: 4 Points: 425, Level: 4 Points: 425, Level: 4
Level up: 84%
Level up: 84%, 25 Points needed Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

+1 (+1/-0)     

You know whats cool, turning an 8 bit song into a BETTER 8 bit song,or just turning the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire theme into an 8 bit song,

Comments

Old 05-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

BA: good Necro!
Quote:
the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire theme
Will Smith did make some catchy tunes, didn't he?

8 - bit sounds are among the coolest to be certain - in particular I think the NES games had some truly haunting sounds.
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
5,566 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
MAN, SO HAPPY! My song got first in this contest on CT!
You did have permission from the guy who made the MIDI file, right?
Old 05-30-2011, 04:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

That 8 Bit Stairway to Heaven is really cool, +1.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8PJQ6FCHq4&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪8-Bit Tunes: Michael Jackson - Beat It (The Tribute Video)‬‏[/ame]
Old 05-30-2011, 04:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
You did have permission from the guy who made the MIDI file, right?
Quote:
We ourselves don't have a problem with it. Then again, we don't actually have any kind of true claim to the files themselves. We're just providing the archive services, the files (For the most part) were not made by us and are not ours. So, if you want to use one of the files you find here, you'd better ask the person who made the file. (Securing the permission of the sequencer is VERY important.) That should cover you against complaints if you use it on a web page or in a freeware game, as the only person that would care would be the original sequencer. Using this music in a game you wish to sell is an entirely different matter. Not only should you clear it with the sequencer, but you'll also want to get permission from the song's copyright holder. It's up to you to find out who all these people are, however. One note if you want to use these songs on your web page: You have to download them and reupload them onto your own server. We do not allow direct links to files because it causes a strain on the server. (People who link files are one small step above people who claim that they are the ones that made the songs if they didn't in the bottom of the Internet's Scum Bucket.) It is also common courtesy to list the name of the person who sequenced the song (made the file). (People who claim that they are the ones that made the songs if they didn't are one small step above Spammers in the bottom of the Internet's Scum Bucket)
Also, please don't take all our files and make a VGMusic.com clone. It's pointless. We're already here and doing a good job of being VGMusic.com. If all you are is our doppelganger, no one is going to visit you.

So yes, permission.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Regular Poster
40 posts
zyborg is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 2
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2
Level up: 60%
Level up: 60%, 20 Points needed Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Dude, that program is AWESOME! The only problem I had with it was locating MIDI files... and I can't convert files to midi.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
New Poster
1 posts
tommo020788 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 1
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 64 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

Hi everyone, I found and read this post randomly through a google search, and thought I might be able to help some people here.

The issue with getting a midi version of your favorite songs, is that in order for a midi file to be created, the author has to listen to the actual mp3, figure out the notes for each instrament, then re-compose that song using the right instruments, and notes.

mp3 files are digitally recorded sounds.
MIDI is allot different. MIDI is actually a file with instructions to tell your computer to play certain notes, using certain instruments, therefore its not an easy task for someone to make a midi version of a mp3 file without being pretty well musically talented, OR having a full instrumental score of the song available to them, to write a midi file with, using Sibelius or similar software.

That being said, I think I should be able to make some midi files, so I might take requests.
I'll offer to do just 1 song for each person.
If you want more than one midi song made, then I might be happy to do more for some form of compensation

If you wanna make a request, just email me at gocards.co@gmail.com, OR pm me here.