Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 03-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
405 posts
Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
Level: 21
Points: 5,927, Level: 21 Points: 5,927, Level: 21 Points: 5,927, Level: 21
Level up: 26%
Level up: 26%, 523 Points needed Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Top 6 Game Over Screens That Still Get Me To This Day

Now I know what you're thinking? Who talks about Game Over screens? Well...I'm extremely bored right now so here are my TOP 6 GAME OVER SCREENS!!!

6. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lwTiTrte2c"]YouTube- Bokosuka Wars: Game Over Screen[/ame]

Bokosuka Wars infamous; "WOW! YOU LOSE!" was in my opinion an insult to us gamers, I mean come on...why not instead just say.. "HEY STUPID YOU LOST! YOU SUCK! QUIT PLAYING!!!" Don't you think that would be a little more better?

5.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0AZUE1Ewi4"]YouTube- Donkey Kong Country 3: Game Over screen[/ame]

Now I don't know why I put that one up here but, somehow it always got to me as a kid and well...yeah

4. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAPxbnL4a7E&feature=related"]YouTube- Donkey Kong Country 2: Game Over screen[/ame]

Another Donkey Kong, but I don't know what is is about the DK game over screens that are so awesome

3. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHFKxOXfL2Y&feature=related"]YouTube- Donkey Kong Country: Game Over screen[/ame]

Yes I know 5-3 are DK game over screens but this one, was scary and it scarred me for life, I hated seeing this screen as a kid and every time I game over'd I'd turn my head or hide under my sheet

2. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVz9__a8x-I"]YouTube- Game Over: Ninja Gaiden (Arcade)[/ame]

Ninja Gaiden Arcade, this was yet another that scarred me, it shows Ryu about to be sliced open by a saw and when it hits him he goes; "Oooh ooh ooh" and the screen flashes red and boy howdy was it a scary one, I will never play it again.

AND THE NUMBER ONE SCREEN THAT STILL GETS ME TO THIS DAY IS:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09s-c2JVI40"]YouTube- Sega Rally - 15 Game Over Yeah![/ame]

Sega Rally, I don't know what it was that made this one so tantalizing, I guess I always wanted to hear that; "GAME OVER YEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!" it was so cool and it is implanted in my mind forever

WELL THOSE WERE THE TOP FIVE, hey post up some you guys remember.

Also remember, this was done outta complete boredom.

Last edited by Chuck Norris; 03-01-2010 at 06:51 PM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44 Points: 33,211, Level: 44
Level up: 51%
Level up: 51%, 739 Points needed Level up: 51% Level up: 51%

Re: The best game over screens in gaming history

This is a good one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6aRwky0W5Y]YouTube - GAME OVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! 2[/ame]

Remove Pootis
Old 03-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
5,566 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 52
Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52 Points: 45,259, Level: 52
Level up: 1%
Level up: 1%, 1,791 Points needed Level up: 1% Level up: 1%

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6iT-lMgfAI]YouTube - Total Distortion: You Are Dead - Best Game Over Ever[/ame]
Old 03-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Who could forget these game overs:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jvhueN76JI]YouTube - Contra (NES) Music - Game Over[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwnPFryXF6g]YouTube - Original Metal Gear Solid Game Over Screen[/ame]

Remove Pootis
Old 03-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
405 posts
Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.Chuck Norris intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaake?!?!?!?!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
View Stats

Re: Top 6 Game Over Screens That Still Get Me To This Day

I forgot about this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao7ATGYquBU&feature=PlayList&p=9C2427AFB91 9D8C2&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=23]YouTube - Castlevania SOTN: Land of Benediction[/ame]

Remove Pootis
Old 03-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
405 posts
View Stats

Comix Zone game over used to scare me as a kid;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4N_ZS3PQR0"]YouTube - Game Over: Comix Zone[/ame]
Old 03-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44
Level up: 58%
Level up: 58%, 642 Points needed Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

+1 (+1/-0)     

you know in DKC 3, you can play those little blocks with your controller and make music as long as you don't exit?

Comments

Old 03-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
405 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36 View Post
you know in DKC 3, you can play those little blocks with your controller and make music as long as you don't exit?
I forgot about that
Old 03-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Donor
Administrator
12,226 posts
Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kong has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 64
Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64 Points: 137,288, Level: 64
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,162 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

I guess these aren't technically game over screens but close enough.
The Immortal and Out of this World
Spoiler Alert. It is more fun if you play the games than watch these videos.
( Click to show/hide )

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4a2LpbPbu4"]YouTube - The Immortal (MegaDrive/Genesis version) Death Scenes[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xIw_Tzw2tw"]YouTube - Another World Deaths[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmxC586lAqI"]YouTube - Out of This World 2: Death scenes[/ame]

Last edited by Kong; 03-01-2010 at 11:27 PM..
Old 03-02-2010, 12:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
405 posts
View Stats

Kong, I always used to die on purpose in Out Of This World cos it was funny
Old 03-02-2010, 05:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

I totally agree on DKC series.. all 3 would scare me to death, especially 3. I would try to push myself to NOT die cuz of that reason.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
1,757 posts
Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Mareeps has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33 Points: 17,557, Level: 33
Level up: 92%
Level up: 92%, 93 Points needed Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

The worst has to be the Game Over screen that tries to give you a seziure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2VnS8mwW-g]YouTube - Zelda 2 Game Over[/ame]
Old 03-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Donor
2,621 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

@sjb

the snake screen is my all-time favorite.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaB6QWgFim4]YouTube - Majora's Mask Game Over[/ame]

if nothing says epic fail like the moon hitting the earth, i don't know what does
Old 03-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
405 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
I totally agree on DKC series.. all 3 would scare me to death, especially 3. I would try to push myself to NOT die cuz of that reason.
you and me both bro.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

This one used to bother me. I couldn't find a pic with text but it basically said everything you worked for is for naught and everyone you cared about died because you failed. The skeleton is your character dead in the wastelands of Fallout 1.

Last edited by Dudebro; 07-15-2015 at 12:41 PM..
Old 03-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21 Points: 6,081, Level: 21
Level up: 48%
Level up: 48%, 369 Points needed Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom

I can't find it, but if I recall correctly the game over screen from The Tick for SNES had a picture of the moon and Chairface had carved his name in it with a laser. And that was pretty awesome.
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
funk wizard
6,007 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33 Points: 17,301, Level: 33
Level up: 69%
Level up: 69%, 349 Points needed Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

This one just makes me laugh, because you get a game over by killing an enemy who turns out to be an extreme bad guy later on (chronologically)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APH1LIJaq7A&feature=related]YouTube - Metal Gear Solid 3: TIME PARADOX[/ame]