Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 2500 USD, Received: 825 USD (33%)
Donate Now
Retro Uprising is supported 100% by donations from users like you! We have zero ads and no membership fees.
Please help us stay free and growing.
All donations are used to improve the site. Current projects: adding GBA and N64 games and improving the emulators used to submit scores.
List of Donors Thank you.

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 07-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,664 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 26
Points: 10,328, Level: 26 Points: 10,328, Level: 26 Points: 10,328, Level: 26
Level up: 65%
Level up: 65%, 322 Points needed Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Thundercats reboot

Anyone else watch it? I remember very little from the original series but it seems they've gone a much darker route and changed a lot of things

( Click to show/hide )

- Lion-o and Tygra are now brothers
-Snarf doesn't talk
- Panthro appears to be dead, at least thats what is claimed for the first 2 episodes

The original voice of Lion-O voices his father, Claudus
Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
alohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 212 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Re: Thundercats reboot

I used to watch this when I was younger. I got my dvr set up to record the premiere of the new show so I can see how's it like. I have been seeing the original show airing on the Boomerang Network lately
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Game Mod
6,263 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,637, Level: 41 Points: 28,637, Level: 41 Points: 28,637, Level: 41
Level up: 28%
Level up: 28%, 1,013 Points needed Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Activity: 69%
Activity: 69% Activity: 69% Activity: 69%

+1 (+1/-0)     

Hmm, it might be good but with CN nowadays, who knows? I hope its good though. CN needs to get back to good cartoons. Not the crap they play now.

Comments

Totally Agree

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 07-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
alohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 212 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Agreed a lot of what they play now is just bad
Old 07-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Game Mod
6,263 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,637, Level: 41 Points: 28,637, Level: 41 Points: 28,637, Level: 41
Level up: 28%
Level up: 28%, 1,013 Points needed Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Activity: 69%
Activity: 69% Activity: 69% Activity: 69%

Especially CN Real. Why play real-life shows on Cartoon Network? At least Boomerang still airs some of the good shows from the late 90s/early 2000's that were on CN.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,664 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Cartoon Network changes way too much. when it first came out, it was all Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies, and the older stuff.

In the late 90's early 2000's(when my cable company actually started carrying it) they got way too heavy into anime that appeals to too small of an audience.No offense to you anime lovers, I just don't like it)

Now they play mostly stuff I've never even heard of and have no intention of watching(when they aren't running King of the Hill, Family Guy, and American Dad into the ground)

I've seen old cartoons on it now, but it's usually very early in the morning.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
the strongest
5,995 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 904 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

I may watch it, but probably not. That is one part of my childhood I'd rather not see destroyed.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power; its burning grip tells me to defeat you! SHINING FINGER!"
I can be found on my blog more often than not (occasionally NSFW)
Old 07-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
the strongest
5,995 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 904 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearhawk72 View Post
Anyone else watch it? I remember very little from the original series but it seems they've gone a much darker route and changed a lot of things
Have you seen the first one? It was pretty dark, in that late eighties/early nineties way.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,664 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
Have you seen the first one? It was pretty dark, in that late eighties/early nineties way.
Yeah I watched it last night, which is the first 2 episodes. They've changed the basic plot somewhat from what little I recall but it wasn't bad
Old 07-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
Game Mod
2,547 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 10,373, Level: 26 Points: 10,373, Level: 26 Points: 10,373, Level: 26
Level up: 70%
Level up: 70%, 277 Points needed Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Activity: 83%
Activity: 83% Activity: 83% Activity: 83%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

They changed a lot from the original series... including making Tygra Liono's brother...
[LEFT]
[CENTER]Tecmo Super Bowl- Wrecking havoc since 1989

Old 07-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
751 posts
Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22
Level up: 19%
Level up: 19%, 649 Points needed Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

I saw it. My thoughts on it where....

( Click to show/hide )

It doesn't suck (yet), but its too early to tell if it will be any good.
( Click to show/hide )

This spoiler contains ponies.