Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 08-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 375 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

superman with batman

in the new upcoming superman movie now we know will have batman in the movie and ben Affleck will be staring as batman what are your thoughts and after seeing the first one how can they make it better .

i myself cant wait and hope ben bring back his roots were he was good in his older movies like armagendon and other old school movies
Old 08-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats
Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 144 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

Re: superman with batman

I believe that this film will be better than the other Batman movies.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

+2 (+2/-0)     

You believe this movie, which will be superman at least half the time but probably a lot more, will be better than other movies that focus on Batman? Boy howdy you sure do chug that haterade. I bet you'll hate this one too.

Comments

I lol'ed at his post.

I didn't, I find it condescending and rude.

people have a right for opinions.

God I love batman.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

I agree with Mikman, think of the dynamics between Superman and Batman, a great example is The Dark Night Returns, (the graphic novel) that is better than anything ever written featuring either Batman, or Superman exclusively. If they can capture that dynamic, it will be the best Superhero movie ever.
( Click to show/hide )
i.m.o.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 08-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

I saw the most recent superman and it was underwhelming. Now they're gonna toss in a hugely iconic character, possibly the most iconic in DC, played by a new and wildly unpopular actor. The fanbase is in a frenzy and will be scrutinizing it hard. They're gonna have to sacrifice a lot simply because it's still a vehicle to promote superman because his movies are nothing compared to batman movies. I think it'll be a miracle if they make it work.

Btw it's amusing the Batman is being played by a goofy guy with a Boston accent and Superman is a wimpy looking(by comparison with regular superman) brit. The casting is all over the place.

The best news comes in the form of a rumor, Bryan Cranston might be Luthor.

@steven- I believe Chris was loling at Mikmans post.

Last edited by Dudebro; 08-26-2013 at 04:57 PM..
Old 08-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I saw the most recent superman and it was underwhelming. Now they're gonna toss in a hugely iconic character, possibly the most iconic in DC, played by a new and wildly unpopular actor. The fanbase is in a frenzy and will be scrutinizing it hard. They're gonna have to sacrifice a lot simply because it's still a vehicle to promote superman because his movies are nothing compared to batman movies. I think it'll be a miracle if they make it work.
I have yet to see the new Superman but I agree. The large majority of people hate the casting and I cannot possibly see how a movie centered more around Superman will be better for Batman than his own movie was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB
The best news comes in the form of a rumor, Bryan Cranston might be Luthor.
If this is true, I would see the movie just for Cranston alone. Love his work.

Quote:
@steven- I believe Chris was loling at Mikmans post.
It was a poor way of me agreeing with DB/disagreeing with Mikman's post. I apologize if I came off condescending.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 08-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

To be clear I don't think the new Superman was bad casting, it's just funny that all american square jawed superman is an average looking brit.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

I wouldn't expect too much. DC live action movies have been mostly lame, and the age of style like Superman II are lost to an industry with cash grab special effects movie making mantra.

Hell, the only DC movies I really thought were worth watching twice the animated ones and The Dark Knight.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats

+1 (+1/-0)     

No offense, but the old Superman films were corny and dated. They had great moments, though, but they won't work in a combined setting.

By the way, I don't hate Nolan's trilogy, and they were more well-made than Schumacher's, but they set themselves in a separate universe and that means that no history exists on which they can base the next film, and that alone weakens it. I haven't seen the new Superman film so I don't know how it is, but it can't be worse than 4, 5 and Returns. I don't know how good Cavill is or Affleck will be, and from what I've watched them in before, my opinions are mixed, but I'm no big fan of most previous actors of either character.

All comparisons aside, I just want that this film be really good, in every way, so that we can finally watch the Justice League movie. DC is too far behind with the combined cinematic universe.

Also, where the actors originate matters not, as long as they perform the right accent, which, amazingly, no previous Batman or Superman actor actually has. I've never heard that either has a Kansas or New York accent, where either of them will be.

Comments

Better than your first post.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I like Affleck in some things. Usually the movies he's the director, I enjoy. The majority of movies he acts in, I am disappointed. One of the few movies I actually enjoyed that he directed/starred in was Argo but that's about it.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 08-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

He's not my first choice as Batman. He might do better as director. This movie needs a good dramatic director because the dramatic moments truly sustain and distinguish a movie.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikman View Post
He's not my first choice as Batman. He might do better as director. This movie needs a good dramatic director because the dramatic moments truly sustain and distinguish a movie.
I would have preferred he direct it rather than play Batman. He's actually a pretty good director from what I've seen.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Quote:
the old Superman films were corny and dated.
Because they are based on a corny and outdated character.

Quote:
they were more well-made than Schumacher's
Well that's not saying much since he basically killed the franchise. To be fair though it wasn't totally his fault and he did apologize for it.

Quote:
they set themselves in a separate universe and that means that no history exists on which they can base the next film, and that alone weakens it.
Why? Lots of comics set themselves in a separate universe and it just adds to the characters story.

Quote:
I just want that this film be really good
I think we can all agree on that.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

By separate universe I mean that two different Batmans (Batmen?) exist, each in a different continuity, so we know nothing about this new one and he has no character and plot history which he can use.

I don't believe that Superman is entirely corny and outdated, but much of him is.

As for the director, I don't believe that Snyder can direct this sufficiently. He may create good action scenes, but I and many others want a good, engaging story, and I strongly question whether he's capable of that.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
5,581 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 51
Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51 Points: 44,169, Level: 51
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 1,081 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikman View Post
By separate universe I mean that two different Batmans (Batmen?) exist, each in a different continuity, so we know nothing about this new one and he has no character and plot history which he can use.
Dude.

He's Batman.

I don't think the audience is going to need another movie, or series of movies, to know his back story and character framework.

Even if the continuity is different or unexplained, it's highly unlikely they're going to change up the formula.

Same bat-man. Same bat-story.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

I suppose so. I just personally wish that it would all be one universe, but objectively it doesn't affect the film too much.

Also, on the point of realism, a dichotomy which exists among fans states that the films can't be realistic if they include fantasy and sci-fi elements, but I disagree. A.movie with aliens, advanced tech and superpowers can be realistic in terms of character actions. They should act as any person would in such a situation and the story should proceed accordingly. Even a superhuman can act like a real person.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 375 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%

alot of people did like the new super man movie hate to say that at imdb it got 7.6 out 10 that was from over 200,000 ratings . and i liked it alot it had alot of action and the story was pretty good . so yeah it was good.

i do belive it will be good to add batman in the mix cuzz superman and batman work good togeather always have in cartoons and what not .
Old 08-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

I'm not saying it'll be bad. In fact Superman vs Batman should be very good if done the right way. However, I don't think it will be anywhere as good as the Bale Batman trilogy.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
View Stats

We can agree that we disagree. I don't know for sure that it will be better than the Nolan trilogy, but I believe that it could be so, and I hope so.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
46 posts
Dr_Nick is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 3
Points: 279, Level: 3 Points: 279, Level: 3 Points: 279, Level: 3
Level up: 79%
Level up: 79%, 21 Points needed Level up: 79% Level up: 79%

Wonder Woman and a John Stewart Green Lantern rumor... and now the dates pushed back? It's starting to look like a Justice League movie... I hope they don't screw it up.... if they do I still have my Bruce Timm and co. Justice League animated movies and shows.
Wonder Woman standalone film will star Gal Gadot | Crave - CNET

RUMOR: The Rock In Line To Play GREEN LANTERN 'John Stewart'?
Old 01-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

I thought you mean The Daily Show Jon Stewart when I first read that. I was let down until I saw that it's The Rock. He's pretty awesome and can pull off the character a lot better than that other guy.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
46 posts
Dr_Nick is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 3
Points: 279, Level: 3 Points: 279, Level: 3 Points: 279, Level: 3
Level up: 79%
Level up: 79%, 21 Points needed Level up: 79% Level up: 79%

I don't think Jews are allowed to be superheros, a law or something. They let us ( I'm half Jewish/Hebrew decent) create superheros. (Siegel and Simon) Magneto is Jewish but considered a villain so... I can't think of any other Jewish comic book characters or actors portraying superheroes... and they say we control Hollywood...

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Wikipedia says Ben Grimm (Thing) is Jewish, so at least we have a clobberin' Jew ('nuff said!) They list Batwoman, I guess they mean Barbara Gordon, didn't know the Gordons were Jewish. Also Ray Palmer (Atom), Scarlet Witch, Kitty Pryde, Quiksilver, Prime, and a few others. More than I thought, but still not many high profile characters.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:52 AM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
751 posts
Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22
Level up: 19%
Level up: 19%, 649 Points needed Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Nick View Post
I don't think Jews are allowed to be superheros, a law or something. They let us ( I'm half Jewish/Hebrew decent) create superheros. (Siegel and Simon) Magneto is Jewish but considered a villain so... I can't think of any other Jewish comic book characters or actors portraying superheroes... and they say we control Hollywood...

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Wikipedia says Ben Grimm (Thing) is Jewish, so at least we have a clobberin' Jew ('nuff said!) They list Batwoman, I guess they mean Barbara Gordon, didn't know the Gordons were Jewish. Also Ray Palmer (Atom), Scarlet Witch, Kitty Pryde, Quiksilver, Prime, and a few others. More than I thought, but still not many high profile characters.
...I gotta say, that was a really weird post.

Anyhow, I don't think I'm worried about Affleck as Batman, I'm sure he'll knock it outta the park, I'm more worried about Zac Snyder as the director.
( Click to show/hide )

This spoiler contains ponies.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,067 posts
TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!TodayIsForgotten has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24 Points: 8,460, Level: 24
Level up: 52%
Level up: 52%, 390 Points needed Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

^ I don't know about knock it out of the park. Also, when was Affleck a good actor? Don't get me wrong, i don't mind the guy but he has never once came across to me as a wonderful actor.

I'm sure he can't do worse than The Dark Night Rises. That was painful to listen to and Bale is a pretty good actor.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
751 posts
Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 22
Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22 Points: 6,601, Level: 22
Level up: 19%
Level up: 19%, 649 Points needed Level up: 19% Level up: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post
^ I don't know about knock it out of the park. Also, when was Affleck a good actor? Don't get me wrong, i don't mind the guy but he has never once came across to me as a wonderful actor.
Affleck's got acting chops (Argo,gone baby gone, and The Town come to mind), and besides, I'm actually more confident that hes attatched because I distrust Snyder as a director enough that I hope Affleck gives Snyder his opinions.
( Click to show/hide )

This spoiler contains ponies.