Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 05-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12 Points: 1,625, Level: 12
Level up: 25%
Level up: 25%, 375 Points needed Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

super hero games.

one thing as a fan of super heroes from marvel and DC .i enjoy them as kid and still do at 23 .

one thing i find is that most super hero games always get total under funded and always get made one reason why they make it so fast to ship it out always in time for a movie . i mean cmon it dont have to be like that

i remember when playing on arcade machines or on the super nintendo as a kid playing x men or batman . or others on older systems and they were good .

like x men on super nintendo or batman . those were good they were made very well . since they most super hero games such as super man 64 or the many crappy spiderman we got . or iron man or quit few others.

the only good ones i seen in a great while were like

marvel ulitmate allience x men legends the batman archam games and few others . but most of them all turn out to be bad .

its sad they poorly staffed or just a total hack job to make money off the fans . you know i think if they were made with passion like some of the ones we seen . they could make money like say batman arham that made money when made well

i mean look at super hero movies . when made well they sell well same can be said for the games.

Last edited by sora2k10; 05-10-2013 at 08:55 PM..
Old 05-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

Re: super hero games.

I remember playing a really fun Superman arcade game back in the day but I dunno what it was called or if it's on RU. It felt kinda like those cool X-Men games with the side scrolling and dynamic levels.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,942 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 666 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

Was it this, Dudebro?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(arcade_game)

http://www.retrouprising.com/game-menu/game/6411/
Old 05-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

Yeah looks like it.
Superman - Arcade/Coin-Op
I haven't played it years so I might be wrong about it being good.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
sora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just rightsora2k10 is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats

i know right we look back at the side scrollers of the super nintendo days or older and they were kick ass for super hero games picking up trash cans and bashing the guys in head .

or puch and kick the guy and he goes flying .

or as batman and throwing batrangs at the guys or going through the rollar coaster level or the mansion .

i just dont underst stand how all that good went away . i mean if you really look at it . very few super hero games ever live up to the fans expectaions. i dont know why that is . but it just seems they money hungry or the rights get giving to a company that dont give a crap they toss something out that is trash .

i mean cmon its not like they cant give us something like batman games . it can be done if its giving to a company that can make it happen.

the batman games prove when a super hero game is done right it sells very well .
Old 05-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,093 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60 Points: 66,582, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,868 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%

The problem with most of games that draw their titles from other industries, is that they just rely too much on brand power. They could put out the most horrendous piece of crap, and know it will move units. Even if the kids get wind of it's crappyness, it's not like grandma is gonna look up reviews before she purchases it for little Jim's birthday.

That being said I have had a lot of fun with some of them, Batman for Nes was tight, the Avengers beat'em up was good, The crossover fighting games are good to varying degrees, Spiderman 2 for Playstation was very cool. I'm not sure how it holds up today, but when it came out, Maximum Carnage was off the damn chain. Had some good times with the super hero games indeed.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

omg maximum carnage was off the hook i agree.

i loved that game . tearing up the streets .beating up the guys . i would so love to play that again . so much fun

and yeah the avengers game were you can play with a friend . and fight the bosses . that was awesome

i do agree with you about how young kids buy it and there parents dont look it up for them thats true . i guss i total forget i am adult and there kids lol

Last edited by Dudebro; 05-11-2013 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: removed a swear
Old 05-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,942 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 666 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

A couple of the X-Men games were pretty good, the first two and the Legends duology. loved the beat'em up/ rpg system they had going for that
Old 05-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

yeah the xmen games were very good .

were you can be cyclops and shoot his beam from his eyes and kill the bad guys with it . that was very cool . i loved that when i was kid . or wolvering with his claws tearing up the guys or beast ground pounding the heck out of them .

see i miss stuff like this . sad what super hero games become . the early games gave us good memories . some are still good but they aint what they used to be .

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

the hulk super nintendo game was awesome as well . you be bruce and take the pills to become the hulk and transform back when needed .it was great game fighting off the bad guys . using your streath that makes the hulk . the bosses in that game were fun .

i remember the silver surfer video game proble a very hard game were you have to ride on the board to make it through the levels and if you hit practily anything in the game you die automatically . it was hard game for me .
Old 05-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,745 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I think the current Batman games worked because the developers knew the character. It's not just some random beat em up game(although there is plenty of that too) but you had to figure out the past way using detective skills and then use your gadgets to get around without getting killed. The villains had personalities and reasons for doing what they were(even if they were insane but hey, they are super villains afterall)

Most super hero games now just resort to "just go kick the crap out of everything for a few levels" with little regard to the character's traits and skills. It doesn't help that most now are just movie tie ins that are just trying to piggyback off the movie.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Yeah the new Batman games are masterpieces. Everything is great from the voice acting to the combat. Can't wait for the next one.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

i know right the batman games i love

i played the second on on the wii U and the 360 and loved the fact that on wii U some of the controls and special things made on the wii U were great to use in the game .

i loved the first one i love strining guys up and throwing the batrang and watch them drop on the heads the guys run to there guy dead on the ground and you sweep in and kill them all lol.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,745 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

I thought overall Asylum was better because I thought it was better paced and kept you on track.

City was still good and I liked the addition of all the other enemies but like other open world games it takes away somewhat from the plot IMO.

I mean
( Click to show/hide )
Batman is infected by the Jokers poisoned blood and is dying yet you can still go on for hours and hours without advancing the plot if you want when in reality Batman would just die from the poison.

But that's just nitpicking

Last edited by bearhawk72; 05-11-2013 at 03:16 PM..
Old 05-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

yeah the first one was awesome i loved both .

i loved the boss fights better in the first one then the second one . i mean they were ok but not as good as the first . usully as always the first is always better then the second
Old 05-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

The next one is gonna be a prequel with a different Batman voice actor and it's made by a different company(if I recall right). Cross your fingers about it being good.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
188 posts
View Stats

yeah i heard that . i dont know what to think . since its not by the same people that made the first two games

but all i can do is hope for the best and not think negative