Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 12-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Butterscotch
2,942 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 29
Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29 Points: 12,784, Level: 29
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 666 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009

Suicide Squad movie confirmed

As most probably arent aware, DC has decided to go through with a movie full of villains known as the Suicide Squad. The following villains are going to be involved: Joker, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Rick Flagg, and Enchantress. The cast has recently been announced, as well:

Jared Leto- The Joker
Deadshot- Will Smith
Harley Quinn- Margot Robbie
Rick Flagg- Tom Hardy (even though he did Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, lol)
Boomerang- Jai Courtney
Enchantress- Cara Delevingne

Thoughts on this? personally i think Will Smith being cast as Deadshot may not go as well as what the studios think, same with Jared Leto as the Joker (cause lets face it, no one can top either the campiness of Cesar Romero or the hilarity of Jack Nicholson).
Old 12-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Re: Suicide Squad movie confirmed

It doesn't matter that Tom Hardy played Bane in TDKR because DC has already made it clear the Nolan trilogy isn't a part of their movie lineup lore thing.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

I hope it's good though, Suicide Squad is fun.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 12-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

I don't mind Will Smith usually but I expect he'll really annoy me with this role. He's probably gonna take up a lot of screen time and half will be him struggling with his "bad" side while taking care of his family.

Leto will surprise you I bet. From what I know of the other actors on that list Leto is the only one with real acting cred and he's well known for being eccentric in his personal life. I think he'll fit the role like a glove. It'll possibly be the best part of this movie for most people.

The rest look ok but they're playing characters I've never even heard of (lol DC comics) so I have no idea if they'll be good at it.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 144 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

I'm wary of the reuse of the Joker so soon, and I'm unfamiliar with this actor, but I hope that he'll work. Hardy and Smith are usually dependable, from what I've seen, in these types of movies, but I don't know about the rest. I know very little of these characters, but this movie seems that it will fill the "Guardians" niche for the DCCU, although they don't seem too similar beyond the superficial. This could be a reasonable addition to the emerging series.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cute Game Enthusiast
173 posts
CaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 17
Points: 3,677, Level: 17 Points: 3,677, Level: 17 Points: 3,677, Level: 17
Level up: 57%
Level up: 57%, 173 Points needed Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
Send a message via Skype™ to CaptainJivePants

I like the Suicide Squad books and the idea of a "Dirty Dozen" for supervillains. I agree with the concerns about Will Smith, Jared Leto, and including the Joker at all in this film as a character. I would think they would include one or two more truly disposable villains since not all of them should survive, IMO. Not to mention, it's a chance to introduce and/or villains for one or more other DC TV shows/movies, which leads me to believe they might want to diversify more. Regardless, I am excited for this one.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Tom Hardy drops out.

Tom Hardy Drops Out of Suicide Squad - IGN

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."