Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 2500 USD, Received: 955 USD (38%)
Donate Now
Retro Uprising is supported 100% by donations from users like you! We have zero ads and no membership fees.
Please help us stay free and growing.
All donations are used to improve the site. Current projects: adding GBA and N64 games and improving the emulators used to submit scores.
List of Donors Thank you.

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 03-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,215 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 97,325, Level: 62 Points: 97,325, Level: 62 Points: 97,325, Level: 62
Level up: 34%
Level up: 34%, 13,425 Points needed Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Activity: 91%
Activity: 91% Activity: 91% Activity: 91%

Stupid people in the news

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com - Victoria Jackson blasts 'Glee,' gays

I couldn't believe how ridiculous this woman sounds(and looks) so I had to post it here to see what you guys think.

Here's some quotes, although watching her speak gives you a much better idea of how loopy she is.
Quote:
"Did you see 'Glee' this week? Sickening!"
Because two guys kissed. I don't watch the show but from what I hear one is openly gay and the other is confused but most likely gay. What a controversy!

Quote:
"And, besides shoving the gay thing down our throats, they made a mockery of Christians again! I wonder what their agenda is? Hey, producers of 'Glee' what's your agenda? One-way tolerance?"
From the sound of it the mocking of christians was actually Kathy Griffon playing a Sara Palin character. Seems kinda hard not to mock christians when portraying that lunatic. They also had a stripper turned nun character but I fail to see how that is mocking them but I'm sure they can find a way to spin it.

Quote:
"This new al-Qaida magazine for women has beauty tips and suicide-bomber tips! Gimme a break! That is as ridiculous as two men kissing on the mouth!" she says. "And I don't care what is politically correct. Everyone knows that two men on a wedding cake is a comedy skit, not an 'alternate lifestyle'! There I said it! Ridiculous!"
How tolerant of her. It's amazing people like her make comments like this and in the same breath they whine about how no one respects their beliefs. She's a comedian but apparently this joke is lost on her.

For those who don't know Victoria Jackson used to be on Saturday Night Live many years ago and apparently nothing since.
And yes I know it doesn't matter what she says but she's getting airtime over this and people are making a big deal about it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Donor
2,798 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 35
Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35
Level up: 3%
Level up: 3%, 1,173 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Re: Stupid people in the news

It must be a slow news day. Yeah, I remember Victoria Jackson...sounds like another case of someone jumping on their soapbox and the media actually stopping to pay attention.

I will go on the record and say that Glee is one of the worst television shows I have ever watched. The writing is absolutely horrible. The plots tend to revolve around "if we do this spectacular glee club number, everything will be ok". So dumb. I watched the episode after the Super Bowl. It was literally one of the worst things I ever saw on television. It actually made me angry at myself for watching it.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,215 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I've seen how bad it is from previews. I don't like musicals or dance shows so it's an automatic fail for me.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Donor
2,798 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 35
Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35 Points: 18,777, Level: 35
Level up: 3%, 1,173 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Sadly, the songs and the dance bits are actually one of the two highlights of the show. The other is Jane Lynch

The dialogue and the plot lines are horridous.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,215 posts
View Stats

Jane Lynch is awesome but I still wouldn't watch Glee. I'd rather rewatch 40 year old virgin and see her be unrestricted and funny.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Poster
3,740 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,425, Level: 27 Points: 11,425, Level: 27 Points: 11,425, Level: 27
Level up: 87%
Level up: 87%, 125 Points needed Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Activity: 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

This most likely is politically motivated. She has been quoted as saying we voted in a communist for President in regards to Obama in the past. She has affiliation with the Tea Party.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,215 posts
View Stats

Oh it's certainly political but it's also crazy. Did you guys watch her talk yet? Wowza.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
3,740 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I'll have to wait till I get home from work to watch it, but I will watch it.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Infinite Spark
1,081 posts
warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28 Points: 12,240, Level: 28
Level up: 77%
Level up: 77%, 210 Points needed Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

I could never watch this show it has no substance/story line that being said who cares if 2 guys kiss on t.v. when 2 girls do no one says anything why cant people leave this subject alone and let everyone do there own thing. Also if someone is that concerned there is a power button on that fandangled picture box you know.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
74 posts
joeguy300 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Level: 4
Points: 334, Level: 4 Points: 334, Level: 4 Points: 334, Level: 4
Level up: 23%
Level up: 23%, 116 Points needed Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

+2 (+2/-0)     

I have never watched Glee but after seeing that short clip from the show I must say I am completely and utterly outraged by what I just saw.

That guy on the left could have done way better than Kurt, like just saying, that dude could almost turn me gay. (Note that I say "Almost", I'm still holding out for Neil Patrick Harris.)

But seriously, I actually could barely listen to Mrs.Jackson, her voice alone made me want to break my headphones, her blatant ignorance was ridiculous and I can't believe people could really think like that.

Comments

http://cr0553d.mybrute.com <- Think you got what it takes to beat me?
Old 03-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ninjatiamat was a jerk
1,576 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 41,466, Level: 49 Points: 41,466, Level: 49 Points: 41,466, Level: 49
Level up: 78%
Level up: 78%, 384 Points needed Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

This was on the news? Oh well, I'm sure there's no calamity in Japan to talk about or anything.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,215 posts
View Stats

@Warghoul- Oh don't worry she said she's now refusing to watch it or let her kids watch it. I doubt the makers of Glee are trying to appeal to the ultra conservative christian crowd anyways. They are pandering to them though. They introduced a christian character so they don't feel left out. I bet that'll be a really fun, popular character

@Joeguy- +1 for you good sir. I read your first line and I was ready to bring some righteous indignation to this topic but then you followed it up with some good lols.

@NT- To be fair CNN has the Japan crisis front and center and it is actually taking up most of the front page. This was a little side story, but still labeled breaking news for some reason.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ninjatiamat was a jerk
1,576 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 49
Points: 41,466, Level: 49 Points: 41,466, Level: 49 Points: 41,466, Level: 49
Level up: 78%
Level up: 78%, 384 Points needed Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

True, but this doesn't belong in the news in the best of times. I have never heard of this woman, and I will never watch Glee.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,472 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 39
Points: 24,714, Level: 39 Points: 24,714, Level: 39 Points: 24,714, Level: 39
Level up: 3%, 2,236 Points needed Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

About the video,

So what if there was a 'gay' kiss on some show - who even watches TV anyhow?
And I like how she threw in the remark about how 'Christians are under attack' in with the gay thing - I read it as implying that gay people are somehow anti - Christian.
Isn't it bad enough with Captain Homophobe and his band of merry hate mongers picketing the gay Soldiers' funerals?

But it's Ok though, because they're talking about bringing back the draft for the conflict in Libya.
Maybe Captain Homophobe and Victoria Jackson will end up getting drafted and end up in a unit with gay members.

We can only pray.
'Our interest lies in stopping those who would see all good falter. . . . it lies in stopping the powers of misrule from coming of age!'
Old 03-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
alohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 212 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

The lady is nuts period end of story thats all I gotta say
Old 03-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,472 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaex View Post
The lady is nuts period end of story thats all I gotta say
I used to like Victoria Jackson back when she was on Saturday Night Live, but her personal views leave something to be desired.
'Our interest lies in stopping those who would see all good falter. . . . it lies in stopping the powers of misrule from coming of age!'
Old 03-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
3,740 posts
View Stats

Well I watched it. She really needs to relax. It is clear she doesn't practice what she preaches.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Donor
1,143 posts
alohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their headalohaex has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 20
Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20 Points: 5,538, Level: 20
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 212 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

I know I said that I said everything but I just wanted to add if did bother her as badly as she says then I just saw a picture that would make her faint I would post it but I don't think this is the place for it
Old 03-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
FgtKng
Donor
Administrator
12,652 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 81,879, Level: 61 Points: 81,879, Level: 61 Points: 81,879, Level: 61
Level up: 57%
Level up: 57%, 8,671 Points needed Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Activity: 46%
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%

+1 (+1/-0)     

Sorry, not watching the video as it will just feed into what she wants, attention.

This is why I don't watch TV, way too much faux drama.

Comments

Old 03-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Regular Poster
2,604 posts
sezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Level: 28
Points: 12,413, Level: 28 Points: 12,413, Level: 28 Points: 12,413, Level: 28
Level up: 96%
Level up: 96%, 37 Points needed Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Send a message via Yahoo to sezthemank

+1 (+1/-0)     

What a moron of a woman

Comments

Last edited by sezthemank; 03-22-2011 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: because god told me to

Ok My Sig might not be as epic ,
But my dawggg Is
Old 03-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
the strongest
5,995 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 904 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

"Glee" is not my thing, I generally dislike musicals. There are a few I enjoy, but "Glee" irritates me to no end. That said, I think this whole gay romance thing is irrelevant, why should it be any different than a heterosexual romance? Oh wait, it shouldn't.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power; its burning grip tells me to defeat you! SHINING FINGER!"
I can be found on my blog more often than not (occasionally NSFW)
Old 03-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,215 posts
View Stats

Quote:
why should it be any different than a heterosexual romance?
Because, according to her, it's part of the liberal agenda of making kids gay. Apparently liberals want to make everyone gay, communist and atheist.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Phony Facebook Page Vexes Man Who Dated Teen | The Smoking Gun

Now that story is pretty funny by itself but when I reached the bottom of the article I was visually assaulted by the girls father-
( Click to show/hide )

Holy triangle head Batman!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,472 posts
View Stats

'What a bunch of garbage:
Liberal/Democrat, Conservative/Republican; it's all there to control you, two sides of the same coin, two management teams fighting for the C.E.O. position of slavery Inc.!'
- Alex Jones

DB:
Quote:
Apparently liberals want to make everyone gay, communist and atheist.
She forgot Black and Jewish.
Seriously, who is Victoria working for now, and what message are THEY trying to convey?

Sounds like whoever is writing her teleprompter lines has some agenda to divide and conquer us even finer than the false left/right paradigm.

Divided we fall.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,215 posts
View Stats

Did you post that as a segue into your NWO debate topic? My most recent post had nothing to do with any of that.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
the strongest
5,995 posts
Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Demon-Mask has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 33
Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33 Points: 16,746, Level: 33
Level up: 18%
Level up: 18%, 904 Points needed Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Quote:
Because, according to her, it's part of the liberal agenda of making kids gay. Apparently liberals want to make everyone gay, communist and atheist.
So basically, this is basically JG's perfect woman?
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power; its burning grip tells me to defeat you! SHINING FINGER!"
I can be found on my blog more often than not (occasionally NSFW)