Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 2500 USD, Received: 965 USD (39%)
Donate Now
Retro Uprising is supported 100% by donations from users like you! We have zero ads and no membership fees.
Please help us stay free and growing.
All donations are used to improve the site. Current projects: adding GBA and N64 games and improving the emulators used to submit scores.
List of Donors Thank you.

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 12-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Game Mod
6,374 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,763, Level: 41 Points: 28,763, Level: 41 Points: 28,763, Level: 41
Level up: 37%
Level up: 37%, 887 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Activity: 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Steam Holiday Sales

Welcome to Steam

From now until January 1st, Steam is having tons of sales for the Holidays.

Really, almost every game is on sale.

Holiday Sale 2011 Publisher Catalogs

Amazing games here that are 25-75% off!

I'm going to buy Killing Floor and L4D2 (both 50% off!) and maybe Payday the Heist as well.

Join in on the great sales!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,695 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 26
Points: 10,408, Level: 26 Points: 10,408, Level: 26 Points: 10,408, Level: 26
Level up: 74%
Level up: 74%, 242 Points needed Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Activity: 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%

Re: Steam Holiday Sales

Also, you can win free games or coupons for discounts.

Unfortunately their servers can't handle the influx and using the store or their giveaway has been near impossible
Old 12-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,234 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 97,852, Level: 62 Points: 97,852, Level: 62 Points: 97,852, Level: 62
Level up: 37%, 12,898 Points needed Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Activity: 91%
Activity: 91% Activity: 91% Activity: 91%

I've had no trouble signing in for the daily contest. What's happening to you?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Game Mod
6,374 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Whenever I click the "Great Gift Pile" link, it always says "Oops, sorry! An error was encountered while processing your request:"

If any of you guys get KF or Payday, PM me and we can set up matches. I'll be getting both on Friday.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 12-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,695 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I've had no trouble signing in for the daily contest. What's happening to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Whenever I click the "Great Gift Pile" link, it always says "Oops, sorry! An error was encountered while processing your request:"

If any of you guys get KF or Payday, PM me and we can set up matches. I'll be getting both on Friday.
^This
Old 12-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,234 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I was just clicking the banner to be entered in the wishlist thing, I didn't even notice this other one. Now that I do know I tried it and it worked fine at first. My first free gift isn't showing up though. How long has this contest been going on?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Game Mod
6,374 posts
View Stats

It works fine for me now too, although I'm still not a full member so I won't be able to participate in the contest until Friday

Old 12-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,234 posts
View Stats

Not a full member of steam?! Go spend 2.50 on TF2 or something it's totally worth it.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,695 posts
View Stats

Quote:
I was just clicking the banner to be entered in the wishlist thing, I didn't even notice this other one. Now that I do know I tried it and it worked fine at first. My first free gift isn't showing up though. How long has this contest been going on?
Started today.

I finally got my free gift, a useless 33% off 1 Valve title...when Valve titles are already on sale for 50-75% off. Can't use it until the sale is over, and it's only good for 3 months.

You are supposed to get another gift for looking at the one they give you, but one hasn't shown up for me.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,234 posts
View Stats

I can't even look at the one they gave me, that's where I'm stuck.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,695 posts
View Stats

Quote:
I can't even look at the one they gave me, that's where I'm stuck.
Yeah, steam is having issues. Some people still can't look at their inventory.

edit: You have 33% off 1 Valve title. I can see it in your inventory

Last edited by bearhawk72; 12-19-2011 at 07:35 PM..
Old 12-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Game Mod
6,374 posts
View Stats

You can get a new gift every day?

Old 12-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,695 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
You can get a new gift every day?
I think you can get one for every achievement you complete on their list. Of course they are all games I probably don't have except TF2 which will be on there sooner or later.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,234 posts
View Stats

Where'd you see that on my profile? Hmm, I might have to buy a game soon. Tropico4 is looking tempting.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
5,274 posts
DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!DrunkN has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 45
Points: 35,007, Level: 45 Points: 35,007, Level: 45 Points: 35,007, Level: 45
Level up: 71%
Level up: 71%, 443 Points needed Level up: 71% Level up: 71%
Activity: 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%

It had to happen right after I bought Mirror's Edge?
Old 12-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,695 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Where'd you see that on my profile? Hmm, I might have to buy a game soon. Tropico4 is looking tempting.
I checked your inventory.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
Game Mod
6,374 posts
View Stats

@DN- It's wise not to buy much during the holidays for Steam because it's common for them to have great deals like this.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,695 posts
View Stats

So it seems to be working now, got my missing gift which is coal

Completed the Spiral Knights achievement and what do I get?

Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Valve Complete 2011 Pack

Steam
Gift

Old 12-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Game Mod
6,374 posts
View Stats

o.o! Nice BH!

Old 12-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,234 posts
View Stats

You won ALL of that? Damn.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,695 posts
View Stats

Quote:
You won ALL of that? Damn.
Yeah, I was kinda shocked.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,234 posts
View Stats

I got coal and a coupon so far. I'm gonna download spiral knights and go for more, what do I need to do? I'm also gonna get Tropico 4 since it's on sale for like 13 bucks, I should be able to bang out that achievement before tomorrow. I was also gonna buy Dungeons of Dredmor since it's like a 1.75 and part of the contest.

If you see anything else really cheap and part of the contest let me know.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,695 posts
View Stats

Quote:
I got coal and a coupon so far. I'm gonna download spiral knights and go for more, what do I need to do? I'm also gonna get Tropico 4 since it's on sale for like 13 bucks, I should be able to bang out that achievement before tomorrow. I was also gonna buy Dungeons of Dredmor since it's like a 1.75 and part of the contest.

If you see anything else really cheap and part of the contest let me know.
Spiral Knights after you get through the tutorial and get to Haven, you have to click on the crossed swords icon on the top right(it's red, all the others are white)

Enter a lockdown game, right click on a snowball to pick it up, and throw it at someone on the other team. hit them and you get the achievement, you do not need to finish the game.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Game Mod
6,374 posts
View Stats

Does every game (or almost every game) have a Christmas achievement?

Old 12-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
25,234 posts
View Stats

Nope it looks like it's very specific each day.

BTW, anyone interested in buying games in bulk should check out the Publishers catalogs and Pack Deals. There's some really great savings in there, one pack is normally like 600 bucks(yeah really) and it's down to around 50 for the sale. I also saw All Square games 33% off, EA/Rockstar 50%, ect.