Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 569 USD (11%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Stargate Character?
Daniel Jackson 3 42.86%
Jack O'Neill 3 42.86%
Teal'C 4 57.14%
Samantha Carter 1 14.29%
Jonas Quinn 3 42.86%
George Hammond 0 0%
Cameron Mitchell 1 14.29%
Vala Mal Doran 1 14.29%
Hank Landry 0 0%
Rodney McKay 5 71.43%
John Sheppard 2 28.57%
Carson Beckett 1 14.29%
Teyla Emmagan 0 0%
Ronan Dex 0 0%
Nicholas Rush 0 0%
Everett Young 0 0%
Eli Wallace 0 0%
Matthew Scott 0 0%
Chloe Armstrong 0 0%
Thor 3 42.86%
Other (Explain) 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 61
Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61 Points: 77,506, Level: 61
Level up: 36%
Level up: 36%, 13,044 Points needed Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Stargate...

I really love Stargate. I saw the film in the theater, and I thought it was decent, but when I started watching SG-1 on Showtime, I was hooked. Great show great characters. I like Sg: Atlantis as well, but I have yet to really get into Stargate Universe. I am about to buy season 1 on Blu-Ray. Maybe that will do it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62
Level up: 86%
Level up: 86%, 2,915 Points needed Level up: 86% Level up: 86%

Re: Stargate...

I'm in the same boat. The movie was decent but the show was awesome. Atlantis is good too but not equal to SG1. Universe is cool from what I've seen so far but it has too much of the Babylon5 effect. Ya know, big dramatic pauses where the actors look intently at each other. It does seem to deal with more far out there sci fi stuff and it's potential is limitless with how far from our known galaxy they are.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 44
Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44 Points: 33,308, Level: 44
Level up: 58%
Level up: 58%, 642 Points needed Level up: 58% Level up: 58%

I really like it which is strange. I never liked star trek and I still don't or any of those other over the top shows. However I love SG-1 and Atlantis.

There is times where it seems like atlantis better yet times where sg-1 is superior. I was upset they ended sg-1 at 10 seasons and I'm sure I'll feel the same about atlantis after 2 more seasons. So I really wish sg-1 would have gone on and I think they really could have done it. While I missed O neill I really was liking the whole vala and daniel thing ever since she came in and mitchell was pretty cool too. I think they could have gone on easily enough. I'm watching the first movie as I post this coincidentally, the first movie after the series I mean. I just took a break.

I definitely want more sg-1 and atlantis feels like it will be cut short too me being on the 4th season at the moment...
Old 09-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62 Points: 107,835, Level: 62

Star Trek is over the top? You'll have to explain that one to me. Besides being set in the future it's just a realistic as SG imo.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I like Trek and Gate shows.

I think a lot of people like the Gate shows because it's relatable and taking place in the here and now.

The Trek shows are more Utopian and explore what would happen if humans put aside the differences that separate them and band together to, "See what's out there."

To me SG-1 and the Original Star Trek series feel very much the same. They both have that frontier feeling, and they both focus on very strong character relationships. In my opinion these two shows had tighter characters than any of the shows that followed in their respective series. Not to say that the other (i.e. Atlantis, Star Trek TNGm DS9, etc.) aren't good. They are just different.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

None of them holds a candle to Farscape when it comes to the closeness of characters though. You guys should really watch that show(from the start if possible). It has some of the most creative, imaginitive, compelling storylines I've ever encountered. That and extensive character development make it the sci fi show every sci fi fan should see before they die.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
None of them holds a candle to Farscape when it comes to the closeness of characters though. You guys should really watch that show(from the start if possible). It has some of the most creative, imaginitive, compelling storylines I've ever encountered. That and extensive character development make it the sci fi show every sci fi fan should see before they die.

I have watched the whole series twice, and I like it a lot. I would put the character dynamics at about the same place as SG-1, though. Both excellent in that area.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

I dunno if I can agree. SG does a good job but I don't think they developed the characters anywhere close to Farscape.

In Farscape they come right out of the gates with emotion and interpersonal relationships. SG seems to drag it out forever and then never really resolve it or if they do it's in a minor way. I dunno, hard to explain.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I dunno if I can agree. SG does a good job but I don't think they developed the characters anywhere close to Farscape.

In Farscape they come right out of the gates with emotion and interpersonal relationships. SG seems to drag it out forever and then never really resolve it or if they do it's in a minor way. I dunno, hard to explain.
I have to admit I felt that way with Farscape sometimes too. As much as I like it, it seemed that characters would go in the same circles over and over. I love the show, but I thought the characters development wasn't the best ever except in the case of John and Scorpius. They were awesome! I think they sort of neglected some characters over time though. I thought this was especially true with Dargo and Chiana. I love the show, though.

In SG-1 it was over time, but if you look at at the character of Daniel Jackson, he is almost a different character by the end of the show, but it makes sense with all he went through. Teal'c is the same way. Jack and Sam didn't develop quite as much, but they were military, so they were a bit more confined.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Sg is humorous at times, that's all I know:

Farscape:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBJaT3wOy4w]YouTube - Stargate: Farscape[/ame]

That is my only impression, lol.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,030 posts
View Stats

You know why they did that right?

Btw the end of that episode has that great line from the pretend Teal'c.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ_mtkFh-PY]YouTube - Stargate 200 - Grell the Robot[/ame]
Goosebumps I tell ya!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

My main regret with Farscape is that they never got to do season 5. Season 4 built up to such a level that it's a shame they couldn't finish a lot of stories. Peacekeeper Wars was cool, but they just didn't have enough time.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,038 posts
View Stats

Invisible o neill, tealc pi and such were all funny too.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Donor
814 posts
Smittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just rightSmittycal is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Level: 23
Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23 Points: 7,364, Level: 23
Level up: 15%
Level up: 15%, 686 Points needed Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

I never did get a chance to get into Stargate like I should have. One day I'll have to watch it from the beginning.
http://www.scuffletown.org/wp-content/image/neverends1.gif
Old 09-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittycal View Post
I never did get a chance to get into Stargate like I should have. One day I'll have to watch it from the beginning.
I highly recommend it (and Farscape which is also being talked about here). Both series can be very funny at times, and then suddenly turn in an instant and be really serious, sad, or epic. They also have really interesting characters.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 10-01-2010, 07:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62
Level up: 81%
Level up: 81%, 4,021 Points needed Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

...where no turtle has gone before.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
...where no turtle has gone before.
Nice one. I think remember that one. Which one said that, Mike?

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62 Points: 106,729, Level: 62

TMNT 4 final level before final boss.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
TMNT 4 final level before final boss.
Oh right. I forgot about that. I was thinking of the graphic novel where one of the (Mike or Raph) says that when they are sent ot another dimension.

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

TMNT had a novel besides those picture books/comics?

Old 10-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
TMNT had a novel besides those picture books/comics?
Yeah after the original Black and White comics in the 80's, they did these huge graphic novels in color which became the basis for a lot of future TMNT stuff (like the first movie).

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

Nice, I didn't know that

Old 10-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,607 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Nice, I didn't know that
Yeah, those stories are above all my favorite TMNT things ever.

Here are a couple of them.

( Click to show/hide )

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by Dudebro; 11-09-2010 at 10:55 PM..

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
Donor
622 posts
Gamenguru play's well with othersGamenguru play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 55
Points: 51,919, Level: 55 Points: 51,919, Level: 55 Points: 51,919, Level: 55
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 631 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

I would love to pick those up sometime. They are really hard to find though, and a bit expensive as I recall.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #25 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,574 posts
View Stats

2nd one has great art!