Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 02-11-2014, 01:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,551, Level: 60 Points: 66,551, Level: 60 Points: 66,551, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,899 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Sochi 2014

Anyone care?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-11-2014, 01:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kuma Shock
2,238 posts
Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,623, Level: 46 Points: 35,623, Level: 46 Points: 35,623, Level: 46
Level up: 12%
Level up: 12%, 1,327 Points needed Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Re: Sochi 2014

wolf cares america got 5 medals, you guys up north got 7
Old 02-11-2014, 01:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

I'm just catching up, CAN is in the process of of destroying SWE in womens curling.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

RUS and USA are going balls out at the moment. (reminds me of something my teacher said to me in high school "Please Steven, if you are going to be crude, at least be anatomically correct")

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Jenifer Jones for CAN is curling a 100%, whatever that means, but the announcers think its a big deal.

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 02-11-2014 at 01:49 AM..
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
222 posts
Ballas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsBallas radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
Level: 24
Points: 8,212, Level: 24 Points: 8,212, Level: 24 Points: 8,212, Level: 24
Level up: 21%
Level up: 21%, 638 Points needed Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Activity: 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
Send a message via Skype™ to Ballas

I watch whatever events are on every day. (Night time here)
Koos van Dyk (KVD)
aka Ballas

When someone says "STOP"
I never know if its IN THE NAME OF LOVE,
HAMMERTIME, or if I am supposed to
COLLABERATE AND LISTEN...
Old 02-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

I find the winter sports to be incredibly boring.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Donor
997 posts
D.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the darkD.B. Cooper glows in the dark
View Stats
Level: 38
Points: 23,071, Level: 38 Points: 23,071, Level: 38 Points: 23,071, Level: 38
Level up: 32%
Level up: 32%, 1,579 Points needed Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

I'm not much into the Winter Olympics as way too many events are just about who can utilize gravity the best. It doesn't have to be that way though. I seem to be the only one complaining about this but why don't they move some of the Summer Olympic events that aren't really summer events to the Winter games? Basketball is the #1 example. It's played indoors and in the Winter. Why is it in the Summer games? Assuming they keep the sport, Wrestling is just like Basketball. Played indoors in the winter. Ping pong, badmitten, fieldhockey, the list of indoor games that could be moved is long. Even all the swimming events, because they are held indoors, could be moved to the Winter games. Just because the sport doesn't involve ice or snow doesn't mean it can't be part of the Winter games.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62

Yeah maybe if everything wasn't skiing or skating it'd be more interesting.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 43
Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43 Points: 31,106, Level: 43
Level up: 4%
Level up: 4%, 1,344 Points needed Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

Just about the only thing I plan on watching is Hockey.

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 02-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Kuma Shock
2,238 posts
Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Wolf has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 46
Points: 35,623, Level: 46 Points: 35,623, Level: 46 Points: 35,623, Level: 46
Level up: 12%
Level up: 12%, 1,327 Points needed Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
I'm just catching up, CAN is in the process of of destroying SWE in womens curling.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

RUS and USA are going balls out at the moment. (reminds me of something my teacher said to me in high school "Please Steven, if you are going to be crude, at least be anatomically correct")

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Jenifer Jones for CAN is curling a 100%, whatever that means, but the announcers think its a big deal.
the 100% if i remember correctly every time she throws the stone she scores a point
Old 02-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
the 100% if i remember correctly every time she throws the stone she scores a point
Cool, she was on fire. Anyone watch the womens slopestyle? It was brutal, the last jump was so big most the women were coming up short.
kong on Bronies:

Old 02-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,047 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 32,311, Level: 43 Points: 32,311, Level: 43 Points: 32,311, Level: 43
Level up: 91%
Level up: 91%, 139 Points needed Level up: 91% Level up: 91%

I find Winter more exciting than summer. Haven't been able to watch much yet. Really sucks. Probably just watching Women's and Men's Hockey. Caught downhill skiing in the break room the other day. That was cool to see.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36 View Post
I find Winter more exciting than summer.
Shocking coming from a resident of the land of eternal winter.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,047 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Living in Vancouver, the only other Temperate Rainforest Biome other than New Zealand. Seen like a combined total of 40 hours of snow in my 3 years here. I grew up in it though.

Always gotta point that out though. Snows less here than most of the states. Sucks but true.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Yeah well you love hockey for some reason so that automatically makes you more inclined to like the winter games.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,047 posts
View Stats

Not just hockey. Just find downhill skiing for example more entertaining than 10 different types of swimming in lanes.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

I dunno to me they're equally boring. It seems like everyone is doing the same runs because they're worried about the judging wanting variety, ironically. Instead of actual variety everyone has to jump through certain hoops to be seen as diverse.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
Regular Poster
578 posts
Mikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with othersMikman play's well with others
View Stats
Level: 12
Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12 Points: 1,856, Level: 12
Level up: 72%
Level up: 72%, 144 Points needed Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

Perhaps the IOC should introduce sled and toboggan races.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

USA swept the Slopestyle Skiing event which helped bring their medal count up. Now back into 3rd place!

2014 Sochi Olympics -- U.S. men sweep podium in slopestyle skiing - ESPN

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. Thatís why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 02-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,745 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 27
Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27 Points: 11,136, Level: 27
Level up: 54%
Level up: 54%, 414 Points needed Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

USA: dominating at sports we invented and had a head start in.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Donor
2,623 posts
jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!jim5cents has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 36
Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36 Points: 20,604, Level: 36
Level up: 55%
Level up: 55%, 546 Points needed Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

+1 (+1/-0)     

I can't stand how people get ridiculously passionate about certain sports in the olympics. Please don't act like you care about skiing, figure skating, or whatever when it comes on every four years. That being said, I do find it very relaxing to have curling on in the background when i'm at work.

Comments

you like the women curling teams lol
Old 02-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
View Stats

Curling is at least amusing.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
View Stats

I find Olympics one of the few sports I can get excited about, doesn't really matter the event, as long as there is a Canadian involved, I get my rush of anticipation.
kong on Bronies:

Old 02-21-2014, 07:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
View Stats

And Canada decimates the U.S. in Hockey...
( Click to show/hide )
Men's and Woman's lol

Comments

Beat by one goal each. So decimate is the wrong word. The US woman played like a bunch of cowards and deserved to get ...
kong on Bronies:

Old 02-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Extra Chrispy
6,725 posts
View Stats

Hockey is a strange event since the NHL takes place in US for almost every team but players from Canada and the US mainly consist of the best players in the tournament. Basically it comes down to two monster teams fighting for the Gold (Team Canada and Team US) and both teams are made from players from the NHL.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Regular Poster
5,047 posts
View Stats

Saw both games, actually technically all 3, since the women beat the states in preliminaries. All excellent games! Obviously happy with the outcome too.