Retro Uprising
Chat Whatever.
Donation Goal
Goal amount: 5000 USD, Received: 489 USD (10%)
Donate Now
When we reach the current donation goal all software on Retro Uprising will be replaced with a new superior method for playing games online that will support all browsers, play many more games and consoles and fix errors in existing games. This will be a massive site upgrade. The largest in our history. Please help us reach our goal as soon as possible.

Retro Uprising relies on donations from users like you! List of Donors

Register to enable more features such as high score recording.

Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Old 07-02-2015, 01:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 60
Points: 66,551, Level: 60 Points: 66,551, Level: 60 Points: 66,551, Level: 60
Level up: 62%
Level up: 62%, 3,899 Points needed Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

+1 (+1/-0)     
Smokers of RU

After 20 years of smoking, 2 days ago I smoked my last cigarette. I switched to vaping.

I was BAD, no energy, wheezing, random coughing fits that wouldn't subside until I vomited... I've been in situations where I'd have to ask the the drive thru worker at Tim Hortons for extra napkins so I could clean up the vomit on my legs, all because of smoking.

After just 2 days of vaping, I feel like a million bucks. I feel great, I've got energy, lung capacity and just breathing immediatly way better. I feel like a new person.

And the most important part, I still feel satisfied. I'm not craving a smoke anymore.

It's a really REALLY good method for quitting smoking.

There will never be a "right" time to quit smoking, the "right" time is now, I learned that the hard way.

Comments

Good life decisions

Last edited by stevencassidy13; 07-02-2015 at 01:08 AM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 07-02-2015, 01:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 62
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

+1 (+1/-0)     
Re: Smokers of RU

I had smoked for about 10 years. Was about 3/4 a pack a day. Quit on my son's 1st birthday. Just threw the pack away and never looked back. Was a lot easier than I thought it would he. Not coughing up green mucus is a plus but I don't think I ever felt like I had more energy. Guess I just don't have issues with addiction.

Anyways, keep up the great work, Steven.

Comments

Thanks Tenbo

Old 07-02-2015, 02:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!stevencassidy13 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugyince View Post
Guess I just don't have issues with addiction.
Nice Sig.
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 07-02-2015, 06:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

I was born so small {premature, just over 3 lbs ish} that I spent the first few months of life in a special plastic box to help me breathe - this being due to the fact my mom {and everyone else for that matter} smoked.
IN fact if you want to get technical, I had to be removed prematurely by C - section due to complications from cigarette smoke and was not expected to live.

All during my childhood I remember being surrounded by adults who seemed to constantly have an alcoholic drink of some kind in one hand, and a cigarette in the other.
When I complained it was bothering me, I was told things like 'go crack the window a bit' {which does not help much at all, btw} 'go in another room' , etc. but these small 'solutions' just don't work.

Car rides were the worst, because of the obviously smaller area for the smoke to accumulate in.
What's worse is that all those years ago, my mom liked these goddamned cigar - like dark cigarettes, her 'little black stogies' that stunk like Satan's Hell - besmeared farting hole and just now she just found out she has cancer.

Both of my parents quit ages back but the damage is done.

I have birth defects and health problems, not the least of which being Hypersensitivity which I blame on being a preemie; I can't even get a Doctor to LISTEN to me about this, and it's something which affects me daily - everything is too bright, loud, etc.
It's something only other sufferers can understand.

IN CONCLUSION:

Smoking is not good for people despite many claims to the contrary.
Yes there are people who smoked several packs a day until well into their 90's, but what about people like me who get born damaged because of smoking?
Now I can't say for certain whether it was the cigarettes my mom smoked, or the second - hand smoke she breathed in from everyone else's but here again the damage is done and I say cigarettes are to blame.

Joeseph Cullman, CEO Phillip Morris, during an interview in 1971:

Quote:
It's true that babies born from women who smoke are smaller, but they're just as healthy as babies born from women who do not smoke.
And some women would prefer having smaller babies.
NO, we are not as healthy, you rich asshole.
Maybe the things you spray on the leaves before rolling it into cigs has something to do with it:
{these posters used to be everywhere, then suddenly disappeared}

( Click to show/hide )

Last edited by RU Joe; 07-02-2015 at 06:58 AM..
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,061 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62 Points: 106,608, Level: 62
Level up: 80%
Level up: 80%, 4,142 Points needed Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

I switched to a vapor thing a while ago but I'm pretty annoyed with it and I'm trying to quit completely. It does work though it's just annoying to deal with and it's still costly. When I cheat and have a real cig I feel like I can't breath as well and I feel tired, it's pretty scary.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,124 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62 Points: 108,679, Level: 62
Level up: 90%
Level up: 90%, 2,071 Points needed Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Nice Sig.
Don't confuse indulgence with addiction. Addiction is something where you suffer withdrawal from. If a doctor said I had to stop playing games or my health would be in real danger, I would be sad but I wouldn't fell the NEED to play or suffer any adverse affects from not playing.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Poster
1,004 posts
count100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan clubcount100 deserves a fan club
View Stats
Level: 19
Points: 4,372, Level: 19 Points: 4,372, Level: 19 Points: 4,372, Level: 19
Level up: 31%
Level up: 31%, 278 Points needed Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Activity: 42%
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

I have tried 3 different types of vapor products and different levels to quit smoking but when I do the vapor it usually just makes me want to have a smoke.

Steven, any ideas on how to make the vapor thing work better so that the desire to smoke goes away?

Its entirely possible that I am doing something wrong and that could be the issue there. I try tho to not smoke at all
Old 07-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Poster
11,092 posts
View Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by count100 View Post
I have tried 3 different types of vapor products and different levels to quit smoking but when I do the vapor it usually just makes me want to have a smoke.

Steven, any ideas on how to make the vapor thing work better so that the desire to smoke goes away?

Its entirely possible that I am doing something wrong and that could be the issue there. I try tho to not smoke at all
My first smokeless day I was hungover, and had smoked a boatload the night before, I think it helped because I was feeling half sick, so cigarettes weren't that appetizing that day. I made sure I had no smokes in the house, so I didn't not have the option to quickly grab a cigarette. To try to help combat the physical addiction, I needed a signal to tell myself I was done my smoke break, what I came up with was to take one really large haul and exhale it out my nose, that tells my brain I'm done for now.

Try taking really light long hauls, like barely breathing in and vaping the liquid long and slow, this can get really big hauls that taste harsher than the average cigarette drag.

Aside from that I really don't know what to say, when a craving hits, I crave a smoke, and not a vape. But then I go out for a vape and I don't crave a smoke anymore. Just keep ripping on that vape till you almost pass out if you need too.

I really don't think there is a trick to it, just vape away the cravings. Good luck.
kong on Bronies:

Old 07-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Forum lurker
15,648 posts
Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Tails has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62 Points: 103,897, Level: 62
Level up: 67%
Level up: 67%, 6,853 Points needed Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

I gotta say I'm shocked at the amount of people who want to quit. I'm proud of you guys for trying to stop, even if it's with something like vaping.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Level: 41
Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41 Points: 28,434, Level: 41
Level up: 14%
Level up: 14%, 1,216 Points needed Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 95%
Activity: 95% Activity: 95% Activity: 95%

Want to quit?
Picture cigarettes as little white burning penises sticking out of peoples' mouths; I do.
People probably wonder why I laugh when I look at them while they're smoking, but the joke is on them.

'.. expert, texpert, choking smokers - don't you think the Joker laughs at you? - ho ho ho hee hee hee haw haw haw!'

from 'I am the Walrus'
by The Beatles

Last edited by RU Joe; 07-06-2015 at 04:44 AM.. Reason: mmm boy, sucking on those burning white penises yum yum
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.